Will You Watch The State Of The Union? Not I....

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 05:41 pm
bush has finally managed to disgust me so badly that I'd rather not see or hear the self serving, lying piece of **** than take an interest in what's happening to my country. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch a key political speech, but I know exactly what the gist of remarks will be and that anything he says is meaningless bullshit.

Sad.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,915 • Replies: 48
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 05:45 pm
Not if Law & Order is on at the same time. It has reached the point where I can't stand the sight of that man!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 05:46 pm
My mother told me today that she can't remember a more polarizing figure in American politics.

She's Conservative, both in political bent and in her estimation of Bush.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 05:49 pm
BPB, You won't miss anything! He's going to try and divert the issue from Iraq to home issues.

That Bush doesn't rely on polls or the voting public shows how much this nut is removed from reality.

It's really sad that the political pundits are not attacking Bush's "principles." He still thinks Iraq can be salvaged with 21,500 more troops.

When this guy's brain isn't working on all cylinders, you would think more people would cry "bloody-murder!" I guess Americans would rather sacrifice more of our men and women for a lost cause then to impeach this president for crimes against huamity.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:04 pm
Hi Cyclo, All my siblings are "conservatives." I was once a registered republican, but I changed when I learned that their primary philosophy of "I have mine, now get yours" rubbed me the wrong way. I also do not believe in shifting wealth, but believe in small government, small deficits, and less government intrusion. Republicanism no longer live by them. On the other hand, I believe in universal health care, because most developed countries have them except the US - supposedly the richest country on this planet.

My brother with his oldest grandson with Bush.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/ShinjiandSpenserwithPresidentBush.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:09 pm
Nice picture, any kid would be proud to have a pic with the prez. like that.

I agree with you that Republicanism isn't what it used to be, and that people's ideas just don't fit into convenient little boxes with labels on them; I am a Liberal, for example, who wants to see the border closed poste haste...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:16 pm
I liked the moderate policies of Bill Clinton, but I doubt very much we'll ever find a president that will satisfy all our needs and wishes.

I once thought John McCain was intelligent with ethics and principles, but he has disappointed us in too many ways. He used to be my number one candidate for our next president, but notany more - he's dead last.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:25 pm
And I as well. Two years ago I would have voted for him over pretty much any other candidate in 08 (with the possible exception of Gore). Now, never.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:26 pm
I haven't watched a state of the union address in years, even when I liked (or could at least tolerate) the president du jour. The naked, pandering applause lines, the predictable reactions from the legislators hewing the party line, and the generally vapid content go down better when reduced to a few columns of newsprint the day after. At least as far as I'm concerned. But then, I can't stand to watch American Idol either.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:52 pm
I don't consider Bush a Republican. Bush supporters are in their own category of people who will support any policy so long as they get to buy more guns and someone other than themselves will suffer . Real Republicans look to be fiscally conservative, stay out of places they don't belong, and believe that everyone can pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. Really Republicans know proper English and do not look like muppets when they speak. There have been some great Republicans (Jefferson, Lincoln), but no where will you ever find a great Bushie. Bush has so tainted the word Republican that the real Republicans may have to come up with a new name for themselves, I actually feel kind of sorry for them.

Will I watch tonight? - only if some Bushie holds a gun to my head.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 07:29 pm
Re: Will You Watch The State Of The Union? Not I....
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush has finally managed to disgust me so badly that I'd rather not see or hear the self serving, lying piece of **** than take an interest in what's happening to my country. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch a key political speech, but I know exactly what the gist of remarks will be and that anything he says is meaningless bullshit.

Sad.

Consider it a preview for the next two year's worth of Letterman's Famous Moments in Presidential Speeches segment.

Make a drinking game of it. Have a swig anytime he mentions the following words:

terrorists
terrorism
war
enemy
evil
Iraq
I

For more words on tonight's list, see

http://www.drinkinggame.us/
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:07 pm
I'm watching the asshole. It's my duty as a citizen. I am also no bullshit, about 65% drunk and just poured another glass of wine.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:19 pm
This crap is really hard to take.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:21 pm
Bunch of phonies applauding. I could get that from America's Funniest Home Videos.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:22 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/ShinjiandSpenserwithPresidentBush.jpg

Laughing

it looks like bush is wearing a little wizards hat

he could use a little magic right about now
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:25 pm

It looks like Bush forgot to put his teeth back in after he went down on Cheney.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:26 pm
Bush has been trying to use magic for the past six years, and they all failed.

He's spending his speech on health care. What a bozo.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:28 pm
no.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:44 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

He's spending his speech on health care.

he's morphing from a mighty warrior into a republicrat
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:54 pm
He's talking about a civilian reserve... Brandon, McGentrix,O Bill.... are you listening? Drop your cocks and grab your socks fellas.....
0 Replies