Guilty Feeling

dtox

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 04:55 am
Well I am here again. But this time I don't have a problem. Smile

Yesterday my friends asked for some advice on her problem. She is an outspoken person. And she speaks a hell lot. So she sometimes feel guilty of what she speaks. The other person might not feel bad about it but she feel bad about it. Its a bit strange. But still thats the way it is.

She asked me what should she do after that. I mean she said something which made her guilty and now she is feeling bad about it.

So what's ur opinion about that??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 492 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 05:18 am
I understand how your friend feels. We all feel like that sometimes. My advice to her is, if she feels really worried that she has hurt another person by something she said, she should go see that person (not text, not phone, not email) and tell her face to face she is sorry. If that person says "don't worry, I'm not upset", then your friend will feel better. If the other person says, "I was upset but I'm glad you came to see me because I want to stay being your friend", that's even better.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 05:23 am
I fully agree with the post above me!
What good is it to worry about something, if you don't even know if there is something to worry about.
Maybe the other person is not hurt at all.
Maybe it all came over fine!

If it did not, the only way to find out and maybe make amends, is to speak to the person directly.

Being a very outspoken person, that should not be too much of a problem for your friend!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 07:37 pm
A sincere apology is a powerful cure, unless the person is a complete snob.
0 Replies