Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,284 • Replies: 53
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 05:36 am
good god I hate that woman...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 05:53 am
ya know, We used to have big brawls here in our football matches. a couple of players would start going at it then some from each side would come racing in to support their team mate. Next thing there would be the whole team all in with the umpires/refs trying to drag the players apart. I've seen the same in Icehockey, so that wont be knew to you.
Anyhow all that was detracting from the game so the powers to be decided that they would just let the players go at it. the umpires stood on the fringes and noted down what offences they saw and those players got fined. still didnt solve the problem. The next step was to immediatly get the ball back into play essentially ignoring those involved in the meelee. Naturally, attacking players took advantage of the fact that some of the defenders were out of position and unable to defend resulting in easy scores.
Net result? fracas became less frequent shorter and involved less players.

I just wonder what would happen if the umpires (the coalition) were pulled out and the players (shiite and sunni) were allowed to go at it without interference. Maybe border security so that another team didnt come in trying to interfere but absolutly no interference.

I know I'm playing with peoples lives nit just a score on the championship tables but .........
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 07:25 am
It no longer amazes me what with get people's knickers in a bunch.

Oooooohhh... Coulter made an analogy! Let's blog it!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 08:04 am
Coulter... isn't she that horse faced train girl who got her fifteen last year?

Man shes soo..... before. The new Anne Coulter is Rosie O'Donnell.....just as stupid and hateful but talks about things that are easier for the average American to understand.
0 Replies

SiriusLady

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:34 pm
Re: The wisdom of Ann Coulter
snood wrote:
Ann Coulter - "Baghdad is like LA - you have the Crips and Bloods in Iraq"

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/01/18/coulter-iraq-is-like-los-angeles/

Sweet Sad
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:05 pm
dadpad wrote:
I just wonder what would happen if the umpires (the coalition) were pulled out and the players (shiite and sunni) were allowed to go at it without interference. Maybe border security so that another team didnt come in trying to interfere but absolutly no interference.

Sounds like a recipe for genocide to me. (But no, I dont know of a plan that will work either..)

I really dont know either what it is we should do, or can do, in Iraq anymore now... But your post reverberated because this was the attitude that was taken to Bosnia at the beginning. Initial Western sympathy for Croatian independence quickly bled into intimidated indifference instead once the war there begun in earnest, and then exploded in neighbouring Bosnia. For a long while the "we should just put a fence around the place and wait till the fire burns itself out" school of thinking pretty much shaped Western policy - or at least impacted it to the extent that whatever action was taken (enclaves, the impotent UN "ice vendors") remained utterly ineffectual. The result was attempted genocide. The turnabout in Western policy only came after two years of war, and only because Clinton pushed it through against the wishes of most Euro-governments.

Its really, really bad in Iraq now - far worse than the conservatives make it out to be. 100 people killed a day - extrapolating that to the (10 times greater) population of the US, thats like as if 1,000 Americans would be killed in a civil conflict every day. The numbers make the linguistic discussions about whether there is already a civil war in Iraq yet or not seem silly. And yet, dont even think that it cant get a lot, lot worse than this. A civil confict in the US that would involve 1,000 deaths a day would be gruesome, a state of near-anarchy. But a fully-blown civil war could easily be about 10,000 deaths a day, nowadays. Same with the Shia, Sunnis and Kurds - if it blows, you wont be talking about 10,000 or 20,000 dead - you could be talking about 100,000s..

Its like currently, there, its how Russia was in 1918, when the Bolsheviks had just settled in and violence started spreading across the country. But two, three years later, you'd had mass slaughter and mass famine. It can (and probably will) become a lot worse still, either way..

(****, and I had so decided never to post about Iraq on A2K anymore.. havent, in months, I dont think.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:10 pm
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/01/anncoulter.jpg

That is one hideous woman. (I'm still not convinced she IS a woman)

Bear, would you be kind enough to check for me?

Just to end the speculation.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:13 pm
Quote:
Its really, really bad in Iraq now - far worse than the conservatives make it out to be. 100 people killed a day - extrapolating that to the (10 times greater)

The numbers make the linguistic discussions about whether there is already a civil war in Iraq yet or not seem silly.

welcome to american news coverage.

yes.. HERE people still think there is no real 'war' just accidental deaths.

here some people think it is a little 'tiff' or argument , and nothing on the scale that it is .

HERE- we dont hear about those numbers.
Not at all.

It isnt that you cant find the information.. you just have to look for it.
But blind faith in the news crews create cookie cutter minds. If Fox news says it is so , then it must be.
Well, thats utter bullshit.
But most are afraid to question, or truly dont think they NEED to...

after all...

fox news says so. Right along with ABC, NBC, CBS, and any other american news station.

You know what comes on before news about a war?
A story about a kitten stuck in a tree and how it made people cry watching the firefighter put his life in danger for an innocent animal. Rolling Eyes Confused
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:23 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
good god I hate that woman...

And yet she surely loves you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:14 am
http://www.anncoulter.com/photos/silver-dress.jpg

A bit skinny, but woman none the less.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:25 am
McGentrix wrote:
http://www.anncoulter.com/photos/silver-dress.jpg

A bit skinny, but woman none the less.

For some reason Gus feels it is necessary or somehow amusing to question Coulter's gender in each and every thread in which she is mentioned.

Isn't there something intrinsically wrong with a Liberal making scurrilous comments about someone's gender?

I'm still not sure what a trans-gender individual is, but if Coulter admitted to being one, would that shut Gus up? Would it give him greater reason to dismiss or honor her opinions?

Gosh, could the enlightened Liberal in overalls actually be little more than the bucolic rube his avatar suggests?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:32 am
Are you in love with her, finn? I'm sorry. I didn't know.

I'll back off.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:45 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Are you in love with her, finn? I'm sorry. I didn't know.

I'll back off.

What a crippling retort!

LOL

Yep, the avatar is apt.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:47 am
Hey Farmer Gus

Next time you may want to try this one:

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:50 am
I think the Republicans like Coulter becasue of how nasty spirited she is. I think it turns them on, and it doesn't matter that she's an emaciated and unhealthy looking wretch.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 01:08 am
snood wrote:
I think the Republicans like Coulter becasue of how nasty spirited she is. I think it turns them on, and it doesn't matter that she's an emaciated and unhealthy looking wretch.

Do you?

What an incredibly perceptive observation.

Do you wear overalls as well?

Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 01:08 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Hey Farmer Gus

Laughing

Finn, I've never really read much of your stuff. I've always considered you to be insignificant and vanilla. Frankly, reading your posts always causes me to become sleepy, so, as of lately, I've have been avoiding them. But lately, and especially on this thread, you have shown me a side I never knew existed. You have passion, Finn. You really are an emotional guy.

I'm gonna start reading your stuff more often.

Maybe I can learn something. Maybe (oh god, please) I can become a conservative.

Thanks, old buddy, for showing me the light.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 01:10 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Do you?

What an incredibly perceptive observation.

Do you wear overalls as well?

Laughing

Weren't you just lecturing on that sort of response.

Huh, Mr. Pot?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 01:10 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Hey Farmer Gus

Laughing

Finn, I've never really read much of your stuff. I've always considered you to be insignificant and vanilla. Frankly, reading your posts always causes me to become sleepy, so, as of lately, I've have been avoiding them. But lately, and especially on this thread, you have shown me a side I never knew existed. You have passion, Finn. You really are an emotional guy.

I'm gonna start reading your stuff more often.

Maybe I can learn something. Maybe (oh god, please) I can become a conservative.

Thanks, old buddy, for showing me the light.

That's funny because I've generally considered you less than insignificant.

If I can contribute in even a small way in your enlightenment Gus I will be content.
0 Replies