Severe A2K Performance Problems

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:28 am
It's now about 60 to 70% of the time that

A: A2K is slower than dial up

B: I get a PHBB cannot connect to database message

C; I get a cannot find server message

This is on all three of our comuters and no other programs are giving us this problem.

Question Question Question Question Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 17,995 • Replies: 395
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:32 am
also... it never remembers my name or password any longer. I have to relog in everytime.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:33 am
just this second after posting about the log in problem I clicked on new posts and got a can't connect to the internet message.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:44 am
Yeah, it's draggin' bad. Pissing me off, too. I also have a wonky computer lately, as separate from A2K, so I'm doing a whole lot of cursing...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:50 am
I experience the same, and my computer is new. It's a
software problem at a2k, and unfortunately it will be like that
for a while, as Craven mentioned recently in a different thread.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:01 pm
Ah! Kwityerbitchin'. I am so used to way that A2K has been behaving, that I consider it same old, same old. Now if we could find a way to get some B12 shots into them hamsters, maybe they might perk up a bit. :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:05 pm
I knew, it wasn't my brand new computer Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:44 pm
Could The Hamsters be bribed? Of course the "reward" couldn't be anything that would take them away from the exercise wheel.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:45 pm
He - fast as hell just now!

Noddy spoke about bribes .....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:47 pm
c'mere hamsters... try some of this "crank"... the first pellet's on me....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:53 pm
whew

glad to know it is not just me
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:54 pm
Heard the same bitching on Abuzz. The big difference, we got Craven at work on it this time.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 01:04 pm
I'm of two minds. I want to be patient, love the site, etc. I know Craven has a life and that he can't be at our beck and call, he's already gone above and beyond (how many more cliches can I fit in this sentence) in developing A2K in the first place. Money out of his pocket, long nights, etc., etc. So I hate to begrudge any of that.

These problems have been going on for a LONG time though, and it's starting to get to the point where my patience is wearing thin. And Craven has said himself that he understands why people are complaining, that yeah the site sucks right now just he doesn't have time to fix it nor time to get the new site up right away.

So while I'm sympathetic to that I'm finally complaining, because I also recently got busier and have less time for A2K and it's doubly annoying when I finally have time and oops, there's my good friend critical error yet AGAIN...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 01:14 pm
Sorry to inform you guys, but A2K is dying.

You might want to come by and let her know how much you care, before the inevitable...unless, of course, my idea of fixing her up with all new bionic parts works. The doctors say I'm mad, but I'll show them! I'll show them all what bionic parts can do to our poor, frail little A2K!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 01:47 pm
copy/paste before hitting Submit is an excellent way to preserve a would-be post...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:17 pm
I look at it this way. Craven has put all this work in, through his own free will. We do not own him, and he owes us nothing. Sure, I would love it if he put his life on "hold", and spend all his waking hours working on A2K. But that is neither being fair nor realistic.

I am very grateful for what he has done, and hope that it continues,.................. indefinitely. One way or the other, we willl keep our group together. Remember when Abuzz was dying, and I suggested
that we gather an E Mail list of all interested parites? That's how we knew how to contact each other for A2K.

Who the hell knows? We may all end up on "My Space". (I haven't even seen that site, but I understand that it is very popular) Do you think that I would be one of the oldest people on that site? Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 03:05 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I look at it this way. Craven has put all this work in, through his own free will. We do not own him, and he owes us nothing. Sure, I would love it if he put his life on "hold", and spend all his waking hours working on A2K. But that is neither being fair nor realistic.

I am very grateful for what he has done, and hope that it continues,.................. indefinitely. One way or the other, we willl keep our group together. Remember when Abuzz was dying, and I suggested
that we gather an E Mail list of all interested parites? That's how we knew how to contact each other for A2K.

Who the hell knows? We may all end up on "My Space". (I haven't even seen that site, but I understand that it is very popular) Do you think that I would be one of the oldest people on that site? Laughing

This was very nicely said Phoenix32890. Since I AM NEW I just stay patient and trust me stay away from myspace. They have their own set of problems that is why I deleted my account there. I use the copy and paste feature here (just in case).
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 03:07 pm
while i do have some problems getting a connection - usually 3 to 10 times a day - it doesn't bother me much . usually i have plenty of other things to do - both on the computer and off , such as drinking tea Laughing .

if i have do a posting of more than one or two lines i usually go the "preview" route . if i can't get the posting done , i "cut" the entry and "paste" it later .

it seems to me that there are certain times when the problems are a little more severe , such as 3 pm to 7 pm .
early part of the morning , late evening are often quite trouble free .
i think the problem could be solved easily by giving users with the prefix "ham" priority service :wink: .
if you are all in agreement perhaps my solution could be implemented now .

since a2k is not a commercial site , i have no real problems with it .
i enjoy reading your comments , entering my own comments , starting a thread - what more can i ask for Question
i'm glad we have a2k Very Happy Exclamation
see , i have even learned how to enter 'emoticons' - not too shabby for an old dog .
hbg

ps. certainly wouldn't want to see it bite the dust !
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 03:10 pm
bite the dust??
bite your tongue...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 03:10 pm
I think that sites as good as this are about as rare as hen's teeth.

I thought I'd look in on a few a couple of weeks ago, and found that A2K is streets ahead in most aspects.

It may be slow at times, but it's the best place I've found, with a great bunch of people.

Note - I have not received payment for this testimonial.

The cheque is still in the post, so I'm told.
0 Replies