Congress don't allow no army playin' in here

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 05:39 am
Don't care what congress don't allow
Gonna play my army anyhow

djjd62

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 05:54 am
for his next mission accomplished speech, he needs to get a really fancy army costume, one like all those south american dictators wear

i bet that some of pinochet's stuff is up on ebay
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:23 am
djjd62 wrote:
for his next mission accomplished speech, he needs to get a really fancy army costume, one like all those south american dictators wear

i bet that some of pinochet's stuff is up on ebay

He'd look good in one of Michael Jackson's outfits.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:28 am
At the time that the president made the mission accomplished speech, we had conquered Iraq in a few weeks with almost no difficulty, and it was not yet clear that the country would be unmanageable afterwards, nor is there a lot of recent historical precedent for countries which are easy to conquer but impossible to briefly occupy even briefly during reconstruction. Under those circumstances, his mission accomplished speech was perfectly reasonable. You can't expect him to be clairvoyant.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:33 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

keep puckering up.... we can use the comic relief...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:40 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

keep puckering up.... we can use the comic relief...

As usual, you have no ability to defend any of your opinions, and merely yap at my pants leg like some nasty, little poodle.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:44 am
as usual you are one of the ultimate bush apologists... a broken record... who NEVER ails to apologize for bush and his war you aren't willing to fight in.

tit for tat... and you've got some nerve calling me a poodle Barney.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:50 am
Quote:
Under those circumstances, his mission accomplished speech was perfectly reasonable. You can't expect him to be clairvoyant.
. He was also surrounded by similar chicken hawks who had neither military experience nor a clue . Gen Shinseki seemed to have been right all along. When tthere are sveral who cant tow the party line, they must be removed. Only history will judge the complete incompetence of this administration.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:51 am
Barnie the dinosaur or Barnie Fife?

Well, I guess either one fits!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:52 am
I can see Brandon on the sidelines at the sinking of the Titanic. The disaster couldn't be predicted, even if they were recklessly speeding through iceburg waters, which there is no proof they were . . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 06:54 am
blacksmithn wrote:

I live in North Carolina blacksmithn.... show a little courtesy would ya and don't associate Barney Fife with Brandon.....

and I meant Barney bushs' dog......
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:03 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
as usual you are one of the ultimate bush apologists... a broken record... who NEVER ails to apologize for bush and his war you aren't willing to fight in.

I agree with Bush as long as he agrees with me, which is usually. Most people tend to agree with people who agree with them, you know? I call you a poodle because you virtually always fear to even attempt to address disagreement with your positions. Were you in the right, as opposed to in the wrong, you would occasionally counter challenges to your position with actual arguments as opposed to distractions and name calling. Doesn't it strike you as odd that if you're in the right, as presumably you believe, you are never able to answer challenges to your opinions, and usually respond on the level of a small child?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:12 am
If you didn't come on like such a snotty know it all little girl with every statement you made Brandon, you might find more people willing to give a **** about what you had to say..... of course you are so heavily invested in your own high opinion of yourself I expect no less..... :wink:
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:25 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I support the President,and I support the war.
I was also willing to and did fight in it.

And you are (at times) a yapping little poodle,good for nothing more then a swift kick.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:35 am
blacksmithn wrote:

Nah. While both are annoying, the Purple One at least teaches kids to care about each other.

Bush as Barney Fife: "Nip it! Nip it in the bud!"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:38 am
mysteryman wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I support the President,and I support the war.
I was also willing to and did fight in it.

And you are (at times) a yapping little poodle,good for nothing more then a swift kick.

and you sound mighty confident that you would be able to deliver that swift kick war hero. Don't overstep yourself, you of all people know you can get hurt. :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:48 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
At the time that the president made the mission accomplished speech, we had conquered Iraq in a few weeks with almost no difficulty, and it was not yet clear that the country would be unmanageable afterwards, nor is there a lot of recent historical precedent for countries which are easy to conquer but impossible to briefly occupy even briefly during reconstruction. Under those circumstances, his mission accomplished speech was perfectly reasonable. You can't expect him to be clairvoyant.

Nor should we have expected him to be the bumbling fool he turned out to be. Or should we have?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:55 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
At the time that the president made the mission accomplished speech, we had conquered Iraq in a few weeks with almost no difficulty, and it was not yet clear that the country would be unmanageable afterwards.

That's overbroad. More correctly, it wans't yet clear to the president. To Bush I and Scowcroft, it was was perfecly clear before the war even started. Need I dig up their quotes again, or do you know which ones I'm talking about?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:14 am
Thomas wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
At the time that the president made the mission accomplished speech, we had conquered Iraq in a few weeks with almost no difficulty, and it was not yet clear that the country would be unmanageable afterwards.

That's overbroad. More correctly, it wans't yet clear to the president. To Bush I and Scowcroft, it was was perfecly clear before the war even started. Need I dig up their quotes again, or do you know which ones I'm talking about?

Not to mention Cheney. At least, it was clear enough during the liberation of Kuwait.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:31 am
au1929 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Nor should we have expected him to be the bumbling fool he turned out to be. Or should we have?

Then you fear to address the content of my assertion?
0 Replies