The Assassination Of George W. Bush????

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:01 pm
Our opinions of it disagree, Tico. The linked threads are there for others to see the history behind my comment. They can form their own interpretations, if they care to. I'll leave it at that.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:06 pm
Fair enough, BFN.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:30 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
We won it a long time ago, juice box boy.
Laughing
Indeed. Winning the peace is proving quite difficult, but there should be little doubt about the fate of our defeated foe. YOUTUBE has video for anyone still in denial.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 02:53 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
We won it a long time ago, juice box boy.
Laughing
Indeed. Winning the peace is proving quite difficult.......

Oh come ON. "Winning the peace"? Peace is the period when hostilities are over and people can move around a place without fear of being machine gunned. Even the leaders of this invasion have admitted that the troops are for securing Baghdad. Baghdad is a city. Iraq is a whole country. What happens outside the Baghdad city limits?

We are so far from being in control of the country it is ridiculous. We have enclaves we go to at night, because the place is not safe for our soldiers-even years after we supposedly won the war.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:46 am
Be that as it may, KelticWizard, the FACT remains the same. We went to war against Saddam and his Regime. The FACT is, neither he nor his regime are in power now, nor will they be in the foreseeable future. The current Iraqi government is our ally not our foe. We can hardly be said to be at war with Iraq. That we are now standing with Iraq, our ally, and assisting her in defending against our mutual enemies is hardly the same thing as fighting a war against Iraq... a war we won, decisively, long ago.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:49 am
It wasn't a war, Bill, it was an occupation.

And we had no reason being there.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:23 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq (AUMF), October 2, 2002
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:26 pm
Gotta love all the peace-loving tree huggers that will quickly point out how murder is wrong.

No sh!t. Thank you for that. And the sun is hot...got it. I don't see anybody on this thread saying "KILL THE PRESIDENT!"

That being said, I was saying the other night to someone how I was surprised nobody has made an attempt on his life.

He was great on 60 Minutes last night too...very inspiring.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:48 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq (AUMF), October 2, 2002
I don't know, Tico, that document looks a little wishy washy to me. Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 05:50 pm
You can call a pig a peacock, but it's still a pig.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 06:11 pm
You can show an A2K'er the truth, but you can't make him think.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 06:50 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Dude, you're an A2Ker.

That's like calling your brother a sonofabitch.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:16 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Dude, you're an A2Ker.

That's like calling your brother a sonofabitch.

Or son of a whore.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:21 pm
Or son of a leporid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:32 pm
Lagomorph to you, my boy.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:38 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lagomorph to you, my boy.

No, I meant leporid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:31 pm
I repeat: Lagomorph to you, my boy.

And you can take that hat off, too.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:53 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Be that as it may, KelticWizard, the FACT remains the same. We went to war against Saddam and his Regime. The FACT is, neither he nor his regime are in power now, nor will they be in the foreseeable future. The current Iraqi government is our ally not our foe. We can hardly be said to be at war with Iraq. That we are now standing with Iraq, our ally, and assisting her in defending against our mutual enemies is hardly the same thing as fighting a war against Iraq... a war we won, decisively, long ago.

Fine. We won the war against Saddam. We replaced his government with one the Iraqis voted in. However, shortly after Saddam fell, a civil war broke out between Sunnis and Shiites, with the Kurds ready to join in if they don't get what they want. Anbar Province, almost half of Iraq, is not under the Iraqi government's control. Officials of the so-called "Iraqi Government" spend almost all their time in the Green Zone, a small, protected area of Baghdad. In short, we are still at war in Iraq.

Please do not give me this silly spin about "winning the peace". If you're still fighting, you don't have peace. The last war morphed into this war, and we have not won it.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:25 am
We can only hope and dream and pray that someone would put one of the multitude of America's guns to good use for a change and put a bullet in the putrid mass that passes for this dribbling half-witted moron's brain.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:56 am
Call it silly if you wish... and call me Susan if it makes you happy, but the war is won and the whole world has a vested interest in winning the peace. Where are they? If we pull out; there will likely be a massacre followed by international peacekeeping forces. Is that really the solution? Guard the borders and let the Sunni's be exterminated? Or divide in 3 and let the Sunnis be the new Palestinians and watch the suicide bombers for the next century?

Having defeated their heinous Oppressor, we owe it to the Iraqis to help them find something better. Another Iran, we can do without. Another Saddam, we can do without. Short of either of those scenarios; what choice do we have but to stand by our allies until they can manage their own (inevitable) internal upheaval with measures short of genocide? Does anyone really want to see a real Civil War there? 100 Iraqis killed per day ain't no joke... but compare it to our own Civil War where a bad day meant tens of thousands bled the ground red.Idea Will we feel all warm and fuzzy watching that on CNNÂ… knowing we knowingly abandoned them to that fate... not unlike we did the Kurds a decade ago?

There's tough work to do and we need solutions from the men with the means to change directions... not more griping about how we got there in the first place. We're there... and we owe it to the Iraqis to do the best we can. And the world needs to wake up and realize that "I told you so" doesn't solve the problem. Would Iran have the stones to supply deadly weapons if the rest of the civilized world joined in winning the peace? I think not. They may be enjoying watching Bush take it on the chin, but it's the innocent Iraqis paying the ultimate price. It's been widely speculated that we don't have the manpower to take Iran on too... but does anybody really believe we can't "shock and awe" them back to the Stone Age? Isn't it starting to look like we will? Bush hatred-born apathy is what's driving us towards it. Cooperation could easily prevent it... so should we really continue blaming Bush instead of joining forces and completing the noble if mismanaged or even misguided task? We're there. It's time to get the job done.

Wilso... are you that big of a hurry for us to swear in President Dick Cheney? Laughing
0 Replies