Best Fictional Series on TV

flyboy804

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:35 pm
I'm not sure that I would call it the best, but "Family" is one of my all time favorites. I know that no other extended drama ever had me so involved with the characters. I guess this can be attributed to good writing and an outstanding cast, Sada Thompson, James Broderick, Kristy McNichol, Meredith Baxter, John Rubenstein and many others.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:50 pm
Family, Family, Family.....Why can't I remember this?

Kristy McNichol rings a bell, but none of the others.....HELP!
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:53 pm
Rae,
Here's a link:

Family
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:55 pm
You are AWESOME Jerry! As soon as I saw the 'Family' picture, it all came back to me.

THANKS!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:23 pm
Well, not sure if it's the best, but I just watched 'MDs' for the first time. Not too shabby.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 12:26 pm
Piffka,

Scouts Honor. I almost invented the series first. The producer I spoke to at the time was doing the Hitchhiker series. If you remember or know of it.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 12:34 pm
Piffka,

Scouts Honor. I almost invented the series first. The producer I spoke to at the time was doing the Hitchhiker series. If you remember or know of it. So the reality of success was looming.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 11:24 am
I LOVED Seinfeld, and I thought that the
Soup Nazi was a comical, if ridiculous
part of the show's general ambiance.
I always like the really dumb acting
people - like the blonde on friends
Phoebe??? She was truly amazing a
few times when I saw her as the
waitress on Mad About You
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 11:07 pm
My vote for best fictional series:

The Press Conferences of Dubya.

It's the best comedy and tragedy, too.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 03:57 pm
Quote:
I am totally enthralled with CSI. I think that it is probably one of the most intelligent fictional series that I have ever seen on commercial T.V. I think that "Law & Order" & "Law & Order SVU" comes close. I am reserving decision on the third show in the triology, " Law & Order, Criminal Intent". At first I wasn't impressed, but it is starting to grow on me.

What do the rest of you think?

I wrote this on October 5, 2002. Since then, I am still as enamored with the three Law & Orders. C.S.I. is starting to bore me.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:03 pm
Hands down, "Angels In America" was not only the best drama of the year on TV but of the last ten years. It's really classified as a film I (a long over six-hour film!) but it does provide a benchmark for any of the drama series. They have their hands full wrapping up "The Sopranos" without being anti-climactic to the seperation episodes. That, of course, should be discussed on that topic heading.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:19 pm
Phoenix, if C.S.I. is starting to bore you, have you watched C.S.I. Miami? Better show IMO. Plus the best HD picture in the business. The aerial filler shots are captivating in and of themselves (when viewed in HD).

I miss Star Trek TNG. Enterprise sux.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 01:14 am
Re: Best Fictional Series on TV
<bump>

I was immediatly impressed by the masterly series and watch it always:
CSI Miami, Criminal Indent; Law & Order, CSI Las Vegas.

Out of the best ranking: Without a Trace; but good, too.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 08:57 am
I've tuned into "Star Trek Enterprise" several times and found the ideas and scripts mediocre, the picture dark and dank (it's in so-called HD here in LA but it's cropped so I figure it's a 780i resolution).
I actually has little conceptual integrity because of poor writing.

I like "Without a Trace" and "Cold Case." The new CSI: NY looks promising.

CSI:Miama may be utilitizing hi-def motion picture cameras but not sure.

My other favorites are "Six Feet Under," "Dead Like Me" (really a dramody) and "Deadwood."
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:00 am
My favorite Law & Order series is the "Criminal Intent " one. I think Vincent D'Onofrio is terrific in his role on that show.

Next is "Cold Case". A cop show with a different spin. Love the endings!

Some "Alias" episodes have been exciting. Good actioner for the most part. The off and on romance between the 2 main characters is a bit of a bore.

The "Mystery" series on PBS is quite good. Love Joan Hickson's portrayl of Agatha Christie's "Miss Marple".

I've gotten hooked on watching "Joan of Arcadia". A drama with a catchy twist where the main character talks to various forms of God.

I used to watch C.S.I., but found that with successive seasons that the autopsy scenes became too gratuitous and gory. Too realistic and not for me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 06:22 am
Quote:
I used to watch C.S.I., but found that with successive seasons that the autopsy scenes became too gratuitous and gory. Too realistic and not for me.

Reyn- The autopsy scenes, to me, are what makes C.S.I. so unusual, and interesting. Oh well, different strokes......................................
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:56 am
I wonder if Reyn is looking to bump exactly one year old threads....

Right now, the best show is 24, no question.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:59 am
I love the CSI shows as well. All of them.

I've been watching desperate housewives lately and that show is a riot :-D
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:40 am
As I've said before, Desperate Housewives is the R-rated version of "The Wonder Years".
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 06:16 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I wonder if Reyn is looking to bump exactly one year old threads....

To tell you the truth, I haven't even been looking at the dates on posts. Being one of the new guys on the block, I've just been going through threads, forum by forum, and if I see something interesting, I post! :wink:

Nothing wierd going on here....really! Laughing
0 Replies