Duke Case Liability Situation

SiriusLady

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:32 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
MM,maybe those boys will learn that when you lie with dogs you get fleas and next time they are feeling like randy puppies they'll just call next door to the sorority house and invite a couple of their sluts over..... there's no shortage of girls willing to give it away for free, especially to big sports heros with money and good prospects.

Although I side with the boys in this case, and find Nifong a disgusting piece of ****.... there's a lesson here for these boys and those who follow in their footsteps, even though I believe they're being overcharged for the lesson. Find some free pussy close to home if you must. It's all around you and easily obtained.

It's just a convergence of bad things. the perfect shitstorm.

Very well said
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:12 pm
SiriusLady wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
MM,maybe those boys will learn that when you lie with dogs you get fleas and next time they are feeling like randy puppies they'll just call next door to the sorority house and invite a couple of their sluts over..... there's no shortage of girls willing to give it away for free, especially to big sports heros with money and good prospects.

Although I side with the boys in this case, and find Nifong a disgusting piece of ****.... there's a lesson here for these boys and those who follow in their footsteps, even though I believe they're being overcharged for the lesson. Find some free pussy close to home if you must. It's all around you and easily obtained.

Very well said

What?

Of all the lessons that can be learned form this affair, I'm amazed to think there is actually more than one person who believes that "find free pussy close to home" is the premier one.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:43 pm
Here's what I think basically happened, for what it's worth.

The bunch of unusually white and preppy type kids who comprise the lax team saw the serious athletic teams on campus, namely the basketball and football teams having strippers at parties, and figured it was a sort of a right of passage and that they needed to have one. Keeping up with the Joneses so to speak.

Problem was a lack of street smarts. The guys on the basketball team would have taken one look at the two girls who arrived, recognized the sort of shape the one was in for what it was, and they would not have gotten past the door; they'd have been sent packing and the agency which sent them would have gotten a very nasty phone call demanding a full refund.

The lax players simply didn't know any better.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:21 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Here's what I think basically happened, for what it's worth.

The bunch of unusually white and preppy type kids who comprise the lax team saw the serious athletic teams on campus, namely the basketball and football teams having strippers at parties, and figured it was a sort of a right of passage and that they needed to have one. Keeping up with the Joneses so to speak.

Problem was a lack of street smarts. The guys on the basketball team would have taken one look at the two girls who arrived, recognized the sort of shape the one was in for what it was, and they would not have gotten past the door; they'd have been sent packing and the agency which sent them would have gotten a very nasty phone call demanding a full refund.

The lax players simply didn't know any better.

I don't feel all that sorry for the Lacrosse players.

They engaged in risky behavior and they got burned.

It doesn't take a genius to consider that hiring skanky strippers to come to perform at a drunk-fest could result in trouble.

My outrage is reserved for a D.A. that so blatantly abused his power in order to secure re-election, and the fools who so readily responded to his manipulation. I've reserved some as well for the pompous straw-head academics at Duke who, before they had an inkling of the actual facts, started a breast beating, insipid, campaign against the players. (After all we all know that at any time there is turmoil involving rich white athletes and a black female [stripper or otherwise, the white jocks must be at fault).

What this sordid tale tells us is that, at least as far as these sorts of situations go, truth and justice don't really matter, but political correctness and historical grudges sure do.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:26 pm
The guy to feel sorry for is the coach of the team.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:28 pm
The one kid, Seligman, apparently decided the party sucked and left and has an atm receipt showing him on the other side of town when the "rape(TM)" occurred, at least according to the original version of the ho's story. Kind of hard to see how you'd home him guilty of anything.

Then again, two questions I don't hear being asked, i.e.

Is there any point at which blacks in this country will start being pissed about being played any more?? I mean, this case is shameful.

What do you suppose would happen if a psycho DA got together with klansmen to discuss the lynching of three innocent blacks as quid pro quo for white block voting in an election and then the DA gets elected with 95% of the white vote? You think maybe the FBI would be straight down on top of that one faster than you could blink maybe??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:30 pm
Might notta been obvious/shoulda mentioned, I was referring to the NC chapter of the NAACP which is no better than the klan, and NCCU.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 05:37 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
SiriusLady wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Very well said

What?

Of all the lessons that can be learned form this affair, I'm amazed to think there is actually more than one person who believes that "find free pussy close to home" is the premier one.

Can't help chiming in can you Miss Thing?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:08 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
SiriusLady wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Very well said

What?

Can't help chiming in can you Miss Thing?

Sorry Bi-Po, I didn't realize these threads were reserved for your brutish bellowing, and exempt from opposing opinions. If you want to be a graffiti artist why not stick to highway overpasses?

And what the hell is "Miss Thing" supposed to mean? Is this some sort of bar-band slang with which I'm just not familiar?

It never ceases to amuse me how Macho-Libs like yourself invariably reveal your true colors by resorting to sophomoric insults that question their opponent's masculinity.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:17 am
feel better Miss Thng?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:37 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
feel better Miss Thng?

Keep trying for that devastating last word Bi-Po, you just might find it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 07:27 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
feel better Miss Thng?

Keep trying for that devastating last word Bi-Po, you just might find it.

apparently not. try some warm milk.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 12:44 pm
Duke Lacrosse Case Charges Dropped
The new prosecutor just closed the case against the Duke students and clear them of all charges. He faulted the previous prosecutor, who will be brought up on charges before the state bar association for his misconduct. This case is a good reason to appoint rather than elect prosecutors because they often put their relection ahead of legal justice. ---BBB

Duke Lacrosse Case Charges to Be Dropped
Three Players Were Facing Charges of First Degree Kidnapping, First Degree Forcible Sexual Offense
By LARA SETRAKIAN
ABC News Law & Justice Unit
April 10, 2007

The office of North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper will announce that he is dismissing all charges against three Duke Lacrosse players, ABC News has learned from sources close to the case.

Special prosecutors from the attorney general's office took over the case after Durham District Attorney Mike Nifong recused himself in January amid charges of unethical conduct filed against him by the North Carolina Bar.

Since then, Jim Coman and Mary Winstead have examined the case from scratch, interviewing key witnesses and working through reams of evidence in an explosive case that combined sensitive issues of race and class.

Cooper will announce his decision regarding the case at the North Carolina Attorney General's office in Raleigh, N.C., at 2:30 p.m.

Watch Cooper's announcement live on ABC News Now.

"Cooper's decision follows a thorough review of the case by attorneys in his Special Prosecutions Division," according to a release from the attorney general's office.

David Freedman, Nifong's attorney, told ABC News that his client has no reaction to the news of the dismissal.

"Today is about the criminal case," Freedman said, not about Nifong.

The three players, Reade Seligmann, David Evans and Collin Finnerty, were facing charges of first degree kidnapping and first degree forcible sexual offense. The charges stem from an off-campus team party held on the night of March 13, 2006.

In the hours after the party, one of the two black dancers hired to perform for the players claimed she had been violently raped in a bathroom by members of the lacrosse team. The three players, all of whom were white, were ultimately indicted for first degree rape, a charge that was dismissed on Dec. 22, 2006.

Defense attorneys for the three players intend to hold a press conference near the attorney general's office shortly after Cooper announces the outcome of the case. The players and their families will attend and each one of the players will likely read a written statement.

When Cooper's office took control of the case, the state's top prosecutor said that "anything could happen" in their investigation, including a total reinstatement of the rape charge that Nifong had already let go.

At the time, Nifong's attorney told ABC News that the prosecutor understood he would be "more a hindrance than a help" as the case proceeded. Still, Freedman also denied that Nifong dropped the case because he had lost faith in the merit of the charges. From the early days after the party, Nifong was outspoken in his confidence that the accused Duke players had commited a crime.

While the three accused lacrosse players may find some closure with the charges dropped, Nifong's fate remains unclear -- he could lose his license to practice law in North Carolina due to the ethics charges.

The reasons that the Attorney General's office will cite for the dismissal are not yet known, but the charges of the accuser and case brought forward by Nifong have been riddled with criticism since the early months after the party.

Defense attorneys have released documents detailing how the accuser changed key details in her story in the weeks and months after the alleged assault.

Legal analysts and forensic experts have criticized what they call a critically flawed photo identification lineup -- a lineup that led to the identification and indictment of Evans, Finnerty, Seligmann. No DNA evidence was found matching any lacrosse players with samples from the rape kit, while DNA from unidentified men was found on the accuser's body and clothing.

On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General confirmed to ABC News that his office had completed its investigation into the Duke lacrosse case.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 04:15 pm
the burning question in all this will be what does Miss Thing D'buzz think? Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 05:45 pm
I wonder how many of you that had assumed the boys were guilty will now admit you were wrong?

Let me refresh your memories...

Bipolar said

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 08:35 Post: 2488205 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Roxxanne said...
Quote:
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 23:40 Post: 1965007 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice that neither miserable man nor any other rightie has chimed in demanding that the Duke players own up to their own personal responsiblity.

Then again,almost everything Roxxanne said about the case had the lacrosse players guilty.

Jesse Jackson proclaimed them guilty and offered the woman a scholarship.

Al Sharpton proclaimed them guilty also.

And here is a picture of the accuser...
http://www.drudgereport.com/

What worries me is that this womans false claim will cause other REAL rape victims to think twice about reporting it.
They might think that the public will consider it "another Duke style case" and they wont get the legal protection they deserve.

Either way,there are many people that owe the Duke lacrosse team apologies,starting with Nifong,Duke for not supporting them,and the woman that charged them to begin with.

I see major lawsuits coming.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 06:56 pm
mysteryman wrote:

I see major lawsuits coming......

You don't say.....

The three families have asked Duke University politely to pay their legal expenses, which would come to three or four million at this point. The meaning of that is clear enough; if the board of trustees of Duke does not agree to that, they will be looking down the barrel of a billion-dollar lawsuit. Duke is legally obligated to protect its own students; that does not include aiding and abetting a psycho DA in his efforts to persecute them, it doesn't include allowing rogue faculty elements to publish "listening" letters, or call those kids rapists in their classrooms or invite the "new black panther party" onto campus for whatever vile purpose that was about. Apparently the "new black panthers" had second thoughts about trying to take these guys on.

In fact these guys must be more mellow than I was at that age. Had any professor ever called me a rapist in a classroom at that age, he (the professor) would probably have been in need of repairs.

I would assume that a board of trustees which felt compelled to pay these families 4 million in legal fees due to the leftwing shenanigans of rogue faculty members and a leftwing administration would also feel compelled to shitcan same the next morning, tenure be damned.

And all of that's just for starters. Look for Duke University to leave Durham. No parent in his right mind would send a kid to school anywhere near Durham NC at this point.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 07:00 pm
mysteryman wrote:
I wonder how many of you that had assumed the boys were guilty will now admit you were wrong?

Let me refresh your memories...

Bipolar said

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 08:35 Post: 2488205 -

Quote:

Roxxanne said...
Quote:
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 23:40 Post: 1965007 -

Notice that neither miserable man nor any other rightie has chimed in demanding that the Duke players own up to their own personal responsiblity.

Then again,almost everything Roxxanne said about the case had the lacrosse players guilty.

Jesse Jackson proclaimed them guilty and offered the woman a scholarship.

Al Sharpton proclaimed them guilty also.

And here is a picture of the accuser...
http://www.drudgereport.com/

What worries me is that this womans false claim will cause other REAL rape victims to think twice about reporting it.
They might think that the public will consider it "another Duke style case" and they wont get the legal protection they deserve.

Either way,there are many people that owe the Duke lacrosse team apologies,starting with Nifong,Duke for not supporting them,and the woman that charged them to begin with.

I see major lawsuits coming.

where do you get that I thought those boys were guilty? I made it clear that they put themselves in the position by inviting some slut over but I made it clear I did not think they were guilty of the crime..... so find another partner for your half assed superior dance Colonel Sanders....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:21 am
BBB
I get furious every time a woman/girl makes a rape accusation that is not true for revenge or covering up her behavior. Such false accusations make it more difficult for true rape victims to file charges and to prevail in the courts.

Every time a woman does this, she betrays other women as well as the men they falsely accuse.

BBB
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:34 am
The crack ho isn't the big villain in this picture. She cried rape as a last ditch way to avoid being tossed in the looney bin, basically for being out on the street at night with no real idea of who or where she was.

Fong isn't the really big villain here either and, in fact, if it wasn't so terribly hard to feel sorry for psychopaths I could almost feel sorry for him. He was two or three years away from retiring with a pension and was going to lose an election to a woman he'd fired previously and who would have fired him. The situation should not be possible.

The really big villains in this picture are black leaders at NCCU and in Durham who got together with Fong and hatched the basic deal of an election with 95% of the black vote in exchange for lynching three innocent white athletes.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:26 pm
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
I get furious every time a woman/girl makes a rape accusation that is not true for revenge or covering up her behavior. Such false accusations make it more difficult for true rape victims to file charges and to prevail in the courts.

Every time a woman does this, she betrays other women as well as the men they falsely accuse.

BBB

And, most assuredly, you were there, at the beginning, calling for the play of justice for the drunken Duke reprobates.

Get pissed now because this poor troubled woman presented a case in which you (eventually proven) could not bury your fangs.

This is a hell of a place in which you reside BBB: If the bastards raped the woman you get to be indignant. If the bitch set up the poor boys, you get to be indignant.

No wonder 99% of your posts are the words of other.
0 Replies