Singles Cruises or Vacations for Middle-aged Losers

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:37 pm
Anyone know where I can find out about singles cruises or vacations? I would, of course, love to go to a place where I might hook up with hot twenty-something babes, but I am forty years old now, so I'm not sure if that's a feasible option.

So does anyone know about vacation packages or cruises or whatnot that cater to at least, like, thirty-somethings? And stuff that isn't too expensive would be a plus.

Thanks in advance,

Kicky
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,072 • Replies: 53
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:07 pm
Here ya go, Kicky. You can make some widow's cruise a memorable one.

http://www.cruise-reviews.com/cruise_advisor/senior_cruising.asp
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:10 pm
Here's another one you'll love!

I know how much you enjoyed the views from your old apartment window....so

Nude Beaches for Seniors - Where to Go Skinny Dipping

http://seniortravel.about.com/od/thetripofalifetime/a/nudeswimming.htm
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:12 pm
Don't worry, old man. Us old ladies will have you feeling like a young whippersnapper before you can say "Heeeeeelp!"
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:18 pm
My advice would be to go against your gut feeling.

Simply because, what appeals to YOU, and what looks good to YOU is targeted to people your age. Other people your age are going to be looking at the SAME THING.

So stop.

Spend a little more to find a racier cruise.

Maybe one that goes by typical spring break locations.
Yes, there will be the spoiled brat teeny boppers on those cruises, BUT, you will have more of an opportunity to run into people just a few years younger then you are who are simply trying to live it up in the places they grew up.. Catch my drift?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:19 pm
and..uh.......was-so wrong with a 40 year old woman?

they will (cough) any way.. Cool this thread aint about that..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:29 pm
(how long has Kicky been 40 now?)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 04:02 pm
Actually, I just turned 35 for the sixth time.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 04:42 pm
speaking of 'nude beaches for seniors' ...
in late november 1998 we were on a cruise that stopped over in cannes/france .
while some of us were walking on the promenade , we noticed some smimmers frolicking in the chilly waters of the mediterranian , and we also notices a bunch of clothes in a pile on the beach .
just as we were passing , the swimmers came out of the water ...
they were all in the nude and took their time towelling off , helping each other getting dressed ... we noticed that they were all well-endowed seniors who were having a good time ... even waved at us Shocked

during the evening's entertainment the m.c. said : "next time you book a cruise you might want to ask if shore-leave falls on the same day as the seniors' club outing ! ".

hearing of the cannes film festival always reminds of the seniors' outing Rolling Eyes
hbg
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 06:14 pm
Quote:
they were all well-endowed seniors who were having a good time ... even waved at us

\

That makes for an interesting visual.

I took my kids on a cruise for Christmas last year. Now I wasn't there to meet other single 40-somethings but I did keep my eyes open for any opportunity for some adult conversation. You know I didn't see any single men. Lots of families and young couples. I did notice one other single mom in the dining room though.

Quote:
I would, of course, love to go to a place where I might hook up with hot twenty-something babes, but I am forty years old now, so I'm not sure if that's a feasible option.

Kicky, dude, don't you know when women hit their prime??
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:27 pm
Hey, thanks everyone for all these, er, um...fantastic ideas! Hey bufnet, I looked at that link you posted, and although the cruises for old widows sounds, er, um, fantastic, I think I'll go with shewolf's idea, and try to find something where people will be a little younger than me. BUT, looking at another part of that cruise website that you sent me, I learned that their recommendations by age group are:

Single Sailing Suggestions:
Under 30: Windjammer, Carnival
Between 30 - 50: Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line
Above 50: Holland America, Cunard, Crystal

Under thirty...that might be intimidating. All these twenty-something bodies to compete with...although, there will also be all those twenty-something bodies to gawk at...I don't know...

Between 30 - 50...that would probably be good for me, and I'm sure there would be some younger babes if I really wanted to desperately try to relive my youth. Assuming they'd even talk to a guy like me, who is fast approaching "curmudgeon" status.

Thanks for the info though, bufnet. Good food for thought.

Hmmm...aren't there any other singles vacation deals out there besides a cruise though? Maybe I should rent a car and just drive somewhere where the single people hang out and the young girls like to screw average-looking dolts with reckless abandon just for the hell of it. If I only knew where that was...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:33 pm
seems like kicky wants to have just one last kick at the can .
he probably wants to leave this earthly paradise with a smile on his face - we should grant him his last wish Laughing .

we've met a few single guys on our cruises , but they were usually fairly advanced in age - say 70 plus and did not seem much interested in having female company .
they seemed more comfortable talking with couples their own age .
however we usually met a few older couples that met after having lost their partners . they were usually the most party-ready cruisers aboard !
hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:41 pm
I rarely disagree with hamburger and only occasionally with CI, but I'd kill myself before I'd take a cruise.

We are all different and viva that.

I don't mean that they shouldn't.

Just that I shouldn't.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:44 pm
Age recommendations dont always apply.

Espicaly if you are someone like me ( early 30's) and only have X amount of money.
I might take the cheaper one.. no matter if they suggest the age as 15

What I am looking at is what it passes by.

Party beaches? not my cup of tea

Exotic relaxing places with good beer and local music at night?
Im on it!

Does it pass the Metamucil factory? Laughing
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:45 pm
http://www.aim-higher.com/singlestravel/singles-travel.htm

http://www.sogonow.com/archives/theme_travel/road_trips/

There's some more ideas there for your research, bud.

On that first one, there's also a classified ad service for finding travel companions. Maybe you can um...do two birds with one car. :wink:

g'luck horn dog!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:46 pm
I pretty much agree with you on that, Osso, but I don't know what other place you can go or thing you can do that actually has a bunch of drunk horny single people all together for a few days or more at a time. I like the idea of women being stuck having to socialize with me for an extended period of time, because I take at least a day or two to grow on people. But once I break that ice... it's happy sexy time at Kickyworld!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:47 pm
you mean to tell me in NY that there are no horny people?

Duuuuuuuude...

are you a midget or something?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:48 pm
ossobucco :
just walking around the deck with the wind blowing in our faces ...
doesn't matter if the sun is shining or the waves pounding the ship ...
it's pure bliss !
hbg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:51 pm
Try the Bingo Parlors, Kicky! They won't leave until the last bingo is called and you can yack their heads off between numbers.

You could also take a look at the classes offered at your neighborhood recreation center if they have those things back east. Find an exercise class, poetry, gardening, cooking or some other one that most likely attracts the demographics you're looking for. You'll learn something and they'll be stuck in a class with you for weeks.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:54 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88058

Maybe all the women in NY are afraid of Kicky, I think he posted the above thread under a false name!
0 Replies