Boxer's Low Blow

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:11 am
The only problem I have with what Boxer said is this...SHE LIED!!!

She said her children were to old,when she knows that isnt true.
Her children are in their 30's,and they are within the age limit to join the military.

She knew that,and she chose to lie to try and make a point.

Tell me,is that acceptable to the dems on here?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:15 am
no matter how much you grasp to that straw MM, it will slip through your fingers...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:21 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Boxer's remarks, despite your opinion of them, are fairly accurate - neither she nor Rice have family members in Iraq, so they aren't really the ones who will be paying the price when our soldiers are killed, are they?

Cycloptichorn

The overwhelmingingly vast majority of soldiers have not died nor been injured in this war.

The overwhelmingly vast majority of the members of the House and Senate do not have children in military service.

To try and make a point that "only families with military members" are paying the price is flat ignorant and/or stupid.

EVERY AMERICAN will pay a price for this war and EVERY AMERICAN has an interest in the outcome.

Blowhard Boxer is once again using a cheap tactic to demonstrate her inability to ask a relavant question by going the "BOO-HOO" route.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:22 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
no matter how much you grasp to that straw MM, it will slip through your fingers...

But you dont deny that she lied when she claimed her children were to old to join the service.

So,it must be ok to you for a politician to lie...excuse me,a DEMOCRAT politician.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:29 am
that's the difference .....

Democrat lie... I did not have sex with thatwoman....result of lie..... stained dress.

My kids are tooyoung to serve.... result of lie.... Mysterman beats breast.

Republican lie.....they have weapons of mass destruction capable of reaching American soil..... results of lie.... sovereign country.... ruthless dictator or not... blown into servitude to American strongmen and blown back into the 19th. century... uncountable lives lost and ruined.... greatest country in the world reduced to object of either hatred, butt of jokes, or both.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:44 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Democrat lie... I did not have sex with thatwoman....result of lie..... stained dress.

Republican lie.....they have weapons of mass destruction capable of reaching American soil..... results of lie.... sovereign country.... ruthless dictator or not... blown into servitude to American strongmen and blown back into the 19th. century... uncountable lives lost and ruined.... greatest country in the world reduced to object of either hatred, butt of jokes, or both.

Assuming that Bush lied,which I dont believe,you are then saying that a lie is perfectly acceptable and should be allowed?
So it depends on the severity of the lie?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:05 am
Mysteryman wrote:

Her children are in their 30's,and they are within the age limit to join the military.

Mysteryman, cut the baloney, will you?

Just what percentage of the people in Iraq or Afghanistan are people who first signed up for the military when they were in their thirties?

Notice I did not say were in their thirties when they were over there. Signed up when they were in their thirties. Because of the people over there in their thirties, the overwhelming majority first entered the Guard when they were in their teens and twenties and were called up later.

How many times have you heard of somebody who was 33 years old, had never been in the military before, going down to the military recruiters to sign up?

Please.

The more you strain and strain to try to make a case here, the more idiotic you look.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:35 am
http://cagle.msnbc.com/working/070115/lester.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:42 am
McGentrix wrote:
http://cagle.msnbc.com/working/070115/lester.jpg

speaking of baloney.... Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:45 am
mysteryman wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Assuming that Bush lied,which I dont believe,you are then saying that a lie is perfectly acceptable and should be allowed?
So it depends on the severity of the lie?

you're missing the entire premise here Sgt. Fury, which is to stir you up and make you hoist yourself on your own petard as the saying goes.... I only wish I had a flight suit and a carrier deck..... Razz
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:48 am
woiyo wrote:
The overwhelmingingly vast majority of soldiers have not died nor been injured in this war.

Thank you, woiyo, for pointing out the comforting news that we don't have a casualty rate nearing 50% for this war.

Such a powerful argument for it's continuation!

woiyo wrote:
The overwhelmingly vast majority of the members of the House and Senate do not have children in military service.

To try and make a point that "only families with military members" are paying the price is flat ignorant and/or stupid.

EVERY AMERICAN will pay a price for this war and EVERY AMERICAN has an interest in the outcome.

But nobody pays the price like someone who has lost their child, spouse or parent in it. That is a whole different level of payment. Don't you agree?

woiyo wrote:
Blowhard Boxer is once again using a cheap tactic to demonstrate her inability to ask a relavant question by going the "BOO-HOO" route.

That's the spirit! Just dismiss the grief and pain of those who have lost their family members in this war with snide sarcasm. Do you get together with your Bush loving buddies and impress each other with how unmoved you are with the sacrifices OTHER people are making?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:56 am
Do you have a point to make ??

Are you suggesting only those people who have children/family in Military servce should determine the actions of our military?

What is it exactly you are trying to point out with you senseless post?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:19 am
woiyo wrote:

Are you suggesting only those people who have children/family in Military servce should determine the actions of our military?

Are you suggesting that when a war is undertaken, casualties should have no part in the deliberations?

As for your snide "Boo Hoo" comment when the issue of casualties is brought up-well, you said it, you're stuck with it.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:21 am
woiyo wrote:

Are you suggesting that when a war is undertaken, casualties should have no part in the deliberations?

As for your snide "Boo Hoo" comment when the issue of casualties is brought up-well, you said it, you're stuck with it.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:28 am
kelticwizard wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Don;t change the subject smart a$$.

Boxers comments were insulting to not only the Secratary of State but insulting to me personally.

We elect these politicians and they are responsible for making decisions that effect every American. Since you and Boxer can not argue the points relative the GW's "new" campaign, the best you have are insults? Do you or Boxer have any alternatives? I'd like to hear one since I do not belive GW's is going to work.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:30 am
The relatively low numbers of American casualties (It's a sad state of affairs that I have to amend that by saying that I understand the families grief and that they have my deepest sympathies and that I have lost 2 close friends so far and attended their funerals and that I have to say this every fraking time I make this statement or we spend the next 12 posts discussing this instead of the point of this post.) would suggest that we can not allow casualties to dictate the course of a war. War sucks and good people die. But, war has it's reasons and the Iraq war will decide the immediate future of the Middle East. Our success there is imperative and we should be doing whatever we can to assure that success. If that means sending more troops with a defined mission using new tactics, then we must do so as we have found that using the same troops and the same tactics has not yet been successful.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:31 am
Quote:

Boxers comments were insulting to not only the Secratary of State but insulting to me personally.

No they weren't.

You may have decided to feel insulted, but her words weren't insulting to you; they were the truth, namely, that you don't have a kid in the war who will come home in a body bag someday.

So when we discuss the price of the war, it doesn't hit home quite as hard for you, does it?

Now, if you do have a kid in Iraq, I take it back; but I'm guessing you don't, and therefore, what Boxer said is accurate. It's easy to send others away to their deaths. Makes a more cavalier attitude about the whole thing when there is no personal involvement.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:36 am
Oh my god woiyo is personally insulted. somebody better get Boxer to apologize, because woiyo's feelings are as important as mine in the grand scheme of things and we all know how important I am. Laughing
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 11:03 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Mysteryman wrote:

Mysteryman, cut the baloney, will you?

Just what percentage of the people in Iraq or Afghanistan are people who first signed up for the military when they were in their thirties?

Notice I did not say were in their thirties when they were over there. Signed up when they were in their thirties. Because of the people over there in their thirties, the overwhelming majority first entered the Guard when they were in their teens and twenties and were called up later.

How many times have you heard of somebody who was 33 years old, had never been in the military before, going down to the military recruiters to sign up?

Please.

The more you strain and strain to try to make a case here, the more idiotic you look.

*raises hand*

I was 30 when I joined the military for the purpose of serving during war time. I know quite a few people from basic training who were in their early 30's or late 20's. I had my 33rd birthday just before I got back.

You are right though, most people who join the military do so in their late teens to early 20's. In this day and age though to think you aren't going to go to Iraq or Afghanistan is wishful thinking. Even after 9/11 it was wishful thinking. While your recruiter might not tell you that, your drill sgt's sure as hell will. They have no reason to lie to you and want you trained to face the reality.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 11:28 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

No they weren't.

You may have decided to feel insulted, but her words weren't insulting to you; they were the truth, namely, that you don't have a kid in the war who will come home in a body bag someday.

So when we discuss the price of the war, it doesn't hit home quite as hard for you, does it?

Now, if you do have a kid in Iraq, I take it back; but I'm guessing you don't, and therefore, what Boxer said is accurate. It's easy to send others away to their deaths. Makes a more cavalier attitude about the whole thing when there is no personal involvement.

Cycloptichorn

Now you are trying to tell me how to feel? My nephew is a Marine serving now. So is it OK for me to be insulted now?

Did FDR have a kid before he decided to go to war? Did Clinton have a kid in the military when he decided to go to Kosovo? Did Bush 41 have a kid when he went to Kuwait?

I am insulted by her remarks since Boxer has NO RIGHT to criticize the Secretary of State due to her status as a single female.

She has every right to criticize the Secretary of State for decisions made relative to the defense of this nation. However, to suggest that due to her status as a single female disqualifies her from makeing decieions is insulting and ignorant.
0 Replies