Is There Not Provision In The Constitution To Remove bush?

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:34 pm
I dont mean bringing impeachment forward which would take months or the entire rest of his term during which time he goes about his insane business...I mean physically removing a mentally unstable president RIGHT NOW......it's a serious question.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,954 • Replies: 52
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:42 pm
there's always this

:wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:52 pm
There aren't enough politicians with the guts to stand up to him. You can't impeach without that.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:56 pm
Where do you start?
where do you start? What's his impeachable offense? For example: Clinton lied and was caught.

Let's see -- how about Bush stealing democracy away from United States and trying to shove it down the throats of Iraq?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:56 pm
Can't he be executed for war crimes?

Hussein was.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:57 pm
http://www.frazettaartgallery.com/ff/bio/1970/executioner.gif
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:59 pm
A sad picture, with Frazetta's unmistakable style, if I'm correct

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:01 pm
You are correct.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:06 pm
Ah, suggesting assination?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:07 pm
You mean to tell me there's no way to relieve bush of command? Surely somewhere our founding fathers had the foresight to know there was a possibility of a president becoming progressively more mentally unstable and needing to be removed before he used his power to f*ck the whole country?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:08 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

not that i can see

my link lends itself to revolution, and gus asked about execution for war crimes

you've got a nasty suspicious mind
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:15 pm
djjd62 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

not that i can see

my link lends itself to revolution, and gus asked about execution for war crimes

you've got a nasty suspicious mind

Do you know what a "?" is?
As for the nasty suspicious mind, there's nasty suspicious people on this board.
BTW-I wasn't directing the question to you, but thanks for butting in & erasing any doubts from my mind as to who you are.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:18 pm
who am i, i've always wanted to know
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:27 pm
djjd62 wrote:

Tsk tsk. Feeding the troll.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:29 pm
LoneStarMadam merrily asked a question. Why is asking questions seen so negative by most of you? There was no suggestion, only a question. Just like Bi-Polar Bear asked a reasonable question, for whatever reason, it was just a question.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:30 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You mean to tell me there's no way to relieve bush of command? Surely somewhere our founding fathers had the foresight to know there was a possibility of a president becoming progressively more mentally unstable and needing to be removed before he used his power to f*ck the whole country?

Do you ever see anything good our President has done?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:33 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
Do you ever see anything good our President has done?

he practically choked to death on a pretzel, and he fell off his bike

that was pretty good
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:41 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

Tsk tsk. Feeding the troll.

i like LSM, it's like the old days with momma angel on the religion thread
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:49 pm
This possibility that Bush could be removed from office on the grounds of being mentally incompetent to perform his duties as President was discussed in July 2005 by Jeffrey Steinberg in his article The Plame Affair: Rove and Cheney Are Guilty As Charged:

Quote:

Twenty-fifth Amendment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Section four: Involuntary withdrawal
It is also possible for the Vice President, together with a majority of the heads of the executive departments (that is to say, members of Cabinet) or of such other body as Congress by law provides, to declare the President disabled. The provisions of section four have never been invoked. An "involuntary" withdrawal may be declared for a variety of reasons. The most likely scenario, and the primary purpose of section four, is incapacitation. This results in both the inability of a president to discharge the duties of his office, and his inability to provide a written declaration to that effect. It is possible, however, for such a declaration to be made even if the president is fully able and conscious, should the majority of his officers find grounds other than medical disability, such as insanity, emotional instability, or conflict of interests, affecting national security. In any event, the president would continue to discharge the powers and duties of his office until Congress had reviewed the case and voted to strip the president of his powers, thereby preventing the president's officers from exploiting section four to stage an easy coup. The President may resume his duties by a written declaration sent to the President pro tempore and the Speaker. If the Vice President and Cabinet, however, are still unsatisfied with the President's condition, they may within four days of the President's declaration submit another declaration that the President is incapacitated. Congress must decide within 21 days the issue; a two-thirds vote in each House is required to permit the Vice President to assume the Acting Presidency. For the remainder of his term, the elected president remains the President (and the acting president remains the Vice President) albeit stripped of his powers and duties, and he may compell Congress to review his competence at any point in order to resume his duties.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:50 pm
In other words, it would take a miracle.
0 Replies