Operation Boob Job

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:30 pm
Did you know we Americans are getting a boob job? First augmentation then a little lie-o-suction.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_iraq

<snip>

Rice engaged in a tense exchange with Chuck Hagel, a Vietnam veteran and longtime critic of Bush's Iraq policy, disputing his characterization of Bush's buildup as an "escalation."

"Putting in 22,000 more troops is not an escalation?" Hagel asked.

"I think, senator, escalation is not just a matter of how many numbers you put in."

"Would you call it a decrease?" Hagel asked.

"I would call it, senator, an augmentation that allows the Iraqis to deal with this very serious problem that they have in Baghdad," she said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 685 • Replies: 11
No top replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:27 pm
Of course it's an escalation....duh.
Hagle seemed to enjoy making fun of Condi & in doing so made himself look like a bully. He's so full of himself anyway that I'm surprised that he would even talk to a woman on such matters, especially a black woman.
If he knows so much, why doesn't he offer suggestions? it's easy to set there & badger the witness & never come up with any sort of ideas or suggestions. Has Hagle announced yet?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:00 pm
You are a bully if you show that the person occupying the highest cabinet office is lying to the American people?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 02:47 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Hagle seemed to enjoy making fun of Condi & in doing so made himself look like a bully. He's so full of himself anyway that I'm surprised that he would even talk to a woman on such matters, especially a black woman.
If he knows so much, why doesn't he offer suggestions? it's easy to set there & badger the witness & never come up with any sort of ideas or suggestions. Has Hagle announced yet?

Why should anyone bother coming up with any sort of ideas or suggestions? They don't get listened to, Bush just does what he wants anyway. Even his own party members and members of the military are tired of being asked for input and then having said input totally ignored.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:05 am
I am a little confused by the leftist opinion on Bush.

On one side, he is a moron, barely capable of tying his own shoes or walking while chewing gum. On the other, he is a genius that knows everything and is single-handedly leading the war effort in Iraq while maintaining strict control over American lives.

So, which Bush is this thread about?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:12 am
What I want to know is, why "especially a black woman."

Argumentation is just another way the administration has of changing typical words to bolster up their arguments. Bush calling fast food workers manufacturers come to mind.

LOOKING OFFSHORE Factories, burgers and jobs
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:50 am
Butrflynet wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Why should anyone bother coming up with any sort of ideas or suggestions? They don't get listened to, Bush just does what he wants anyway. Even his own party members and members of the military are tired of being asked for input and then having said input totally ignored.

Maybe if someone would come up with a viable suggestion....
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:51 am
revel wrote:
What I want to know is, why "especially a black woman."

Argumentation is just another way the administration has of changing typical words to bolster up their arguments. Bush calling fast food workers manufacturers come to mind.

LOOKING OFFSHORE Factories, burgers and jobs

Maybe you should learn a little bit more about Hagle.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:17 am
Quote:
"Bringing security to Baghdad -- the essential precondition for political compromise, national reconciliation and economic development -- is possible only with a surge of at least 30,000 combat troops lasting 18 months or so. Any other option is likely to fail."
-- surge strategy originators Frederick Kagan and Gen. Jack Keane, in a recent essay

So much for getting input.

Joe(Where's Marvin Gaye when we need him?)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:34 am
McGentrix wrote:
I am a little confused by the leftist opinion on Bush.

On one side, he is a moron, barely capable of tying his own shoes or walking while chewing gum. On the other, he is a genius that knows everything and is single-handedly leading the war effort in Iraq while maintaining strict control over American lives.

So, which Bush is this thread about?

This is the kind of assessment you get of a situation when you lump everyone under one big category. Some people think he's an incompetent f*cking moron (me, for one), and some people think he's an evil genius.

See how easy it is to figure things out when you don't lump large groups of people together, like all you damned righties do?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:39 am
There aren't two sides to this, McG.

He is a moron, barely capable of tying his own shoes or walking while chewing gum and is single-handedly leading the war effort in Iraq while maintaining strict control over American lives.

Joe(Oh, yeah, he is a great bike rider, so there)Nation
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 03:53 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Maybe if someone would come up with a viable suggestion....

The whole problem of the Iraq war is that no one knows what to do. We can't pull the troops out, and we can't keep fighting in the same manner, either.

There are no answers, just experiments. We invented the reasoning for going to war, now we're having to reinvent what "victory" looks like, and what the war to achieve that needs to consist of.

We can't even agree on what that reasoning was, nor what that victory looks like. And we can't trust the validity of anything that we do agree on. How do you come up with anything viable in those circumstances? We don't know what will viable. It isn't just us doing the reinventing. The insurgents are reinventing themselves too.

The question is, how long do we keep pumping in the same experimental silicon to make the boobs look bigger? What does "enough" look like?
0 Replies