A Different Look At Iraq Death Toll

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:20 pm
Re: A Different Look At Iraq Death Toll
LoneStarMadam wrote:
We hear almost daily about American deaths in Iraq, the media keeps us very well informed about each & every dead American. While I do believe that we should know about the deaths & mourn each of them, I never see a number on how many terrorists have been & are being killed. We hear about the poor mistreatd terrorists that have been captured, but no death count. Why is that? Would it be because the media doesn't want us to know that our military is doing a good job? Why don't we hear about the good things our military has & are doing for the Afghanistanas & Iraqis? It seems we get two kinds of news from there, dead GIs & how bad we treat the captured terrorists.
Whether you agree with this war or not makes no difference, we're there & we need the whole story, not just what one believes will make Bush look bad.

FOR MESQUITE

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:22 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
We hear almost daily about American deaths in Iraq, the media keeps us very well informed about each & every dead American. While I do believe that we should know about the deaths & mourn each of them, I never see a number on how many terrorists have been & are being killed. We hear about the poor mistreatd terrorists that have been captured, but no death count. Why is that? Would it be because the media doesn't want us to know that our military is doing a good job? Why don't we hear about the good things our military has & are doing for the Afghanistanas & Iraqis? It seems we get two kinds of news from there, dead GIs & how bad we treat the captured terrorists.
Whether you agree with this war or not makes no difference, we're there & we need the whole story, not just what one believes will make Bush look bad.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:33 pm
mesquite wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Just admit it, you lied.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:38 pm
LSM, I do believe that you are the first I have encountered that has a problem with comprehension of their own written word.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:42 pm
mesquite wrote:
LSM, I do believe that you are the first I have encountered that has a problem with comprehension of their own written word.

I did not rant about Bush, I mentioned him one time in that post. I ranted about the way our military is defenitely trying to make our military look bad by not reporting the good they do.
Now, if you have a problem with understanding that, then you do have a problem. I don't care whether you agree with what I said or not, I DO care that you lied about what i posted!!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:51 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I ranted about the way our military is defenitely trying to make our military look bad by not reporting the good they do.
Now, if you have a problem with understanding that, then you do have a problem. I don't care whether you agree with what I said or not, I DO care that you lied about what i posted!!

I am sorry LSM but I really do have a problem understanding that as I do not recall at any time you ranting, mentioning, or even alluding to the military trying to make the military look bad.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:59 pm
mesquite wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
You're not that dumb, so why are you pretending to be?
I meant, she volunteered for service, not the club med, you can take that anyway you want, I don't give two figs.

No figs needed. The implication of your remark is clear and unambiguous.

You started off this thread with a rant about the media only reporting news that made Bush look bad. Here is a news flash.... Bush needs no help looking bad.

I showed where the AZ Daily Star attempted to do a good thing. They found an upbeat marine that had volunteered for duty in Iraq and arranged for that soldiers experiences to be reported weekly.

The fact that the tone of the letters changed as reality of the duty set in and censorship was applied by the military cannot be blamed on the editors of the paper.

If all you want is sugar laced pablum, then stick with the right wing rags such as the Free Republic.

You don't remember?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:54 am
OK, help me out here LSM, maybe I just don't speak Texan.

Are you saying that when you wrote this,
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I ranted about the way our military is defenitely trying to make our military look bad by not reporting the good they do.

that you were referring to your belittling the service of this marine

Quote:
After leaving active service in January, Bahti joined the Marine reserves and volunteered in April for deployment in Operation Iraqi Freedom II.
"I knew Marines were being extended and I thought that I could let some Marine come home and be with his family if I volunteered," she wrote. "So that's what I did, because this is what Marines do." http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/attack/39495.php

with this comment?

LoneStarMadam wrote:
You're not that dumb, so why are you pretending to be?
I meant, she volunteered for service, not the club med, you can take that anyway you want, I don't give two figs.
0 Replies