Was Bush AWOL?

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 12:23 am
Timeline on Bush's attendance in his service career. Or rather, the AWOL part.

http://www.kings.edu/twsawyer/awol/awol-bush.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,212 • Replies: 34
No top replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 02:21 am
No, Mama, he wasn't AWOL, he was AWOC: absent without conscience which is a condition which seems to afflict those who "were born on 3rd base and think they had hit a triple"... to coin a phrase...
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 11:45 pm
Was Bush AWOL
On another posting one of the Bushites clamed we stupid citizens dont understand the military. He claims Bush was in the reserves and one cannot be awol from the reserves. I thought he was in the texas national guard. Are the national guard and the US reserves the same organization. I thought the guard was a state organization. Very Happy
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 11:55 pm
Welcome, rabel22: what a delicious first post! Thank you ...
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:11 am
Welcome rabel. Obviously this person was as informed about the military as he is about Bush. What thread was this?
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:21 am
mama<

Thanks for the thread. It tarnishes the image of the "flight-suit Dubya" which he attempted to create at the close of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:58 am
It was on abuzz. I was invited to this site by someone on abuzz so I'm just now posting. Got a lot to learn. How does one post pictures here? Well when I get more time I'll read the instructiones. Always a last resort. Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:54 am
Rabel - go to the picture you want to post. Right click on it, and scroll down and select 'properties'. When the properties screen of the picture comes up, highlight the url address of the picture(careful - you want the one located near the center of the widow, not the top), and then right click on what you highlighted, scroll and select 'copy'. Then come back to A2K, in the thread that you want to reply to, and click a 'reply' button. When the 'Post a Reply' window appears, click on the box that says 'IMG', right click on the address window which appears and select 'paste'. Now you should have your picture in your reply. To check and see if it worked, click on the 'preview' button at the bottom of the window, and see whatcha got!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:06 am
Regarding the question concerning the National Guard and the U.S. Reserves. Yes, they are separate, with the Guard being under the control of the states; however they are both considered reserve forces, with the guard being more combat ready and usually the first to be called up (federalized) in event of a national emergency.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:05 am
Oh hoh! I got this from an abuzz thread, but never went back to see what else had come in.

If we don't start de-bunking some of the Bush myth so carefully constructed by Rove, Norquist, et al, we'll have trouble.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:29 pm
Bush was AWOG Absent With Out Guts.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:01 pm
Now that we've all agreed there's no doubt Bush was AWOL, we can play a neverending game: AWO_

AWOB: Absent WithOut Brain
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:09 pm
AWOBOB Absent without brains or balls....
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:12 pm
AWC - Absent With Cocaine
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:14 pm
AWAWOC = Absent With Alcohol Without Courage
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 03:21 am
Even in his absence, his oozing false sincerity makes me want to throw-up. Embarrassed
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 03:37 am
Thanks, Mr. Webb, for reviving this little thread! BTW, didn't you used to be in Dragnet?

Anyway, "oozing false sincerity": I like that, so he would become NAOFS

Not Absent Oozing False Sincerity

How about NASTY ... or

Not Absent Stupidly Talking Yutz
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 11:20 am
Isn't that superfluous? Couldn't it just be:

SY - Super Yutz
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 11:59 am
Well, strictly speaking (and you all know how very strict I am!), you are correct, BillW, but I started this with a Absent Without, allowed it to become Absent Without or Absent With and now you've taken my game too far. Sweetie wants it to remain the same; change is hard! Yours would make it NASY, which is alright, but I like it NASTY...that's ok, BillW; I know, I know, change is good for us . . . Crying or Very sad :wink:
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:03 am
Ok, plain ole NASTY it is Smile
0 Replies