"STEAL THE WORD" (the Holy Bible and the US Govt.)

RexRed

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 08:52 pm
John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Comment:
What does "the thief" come to steal?

We learn from the parable of the sower and the seed that the thief comes to steal "the word of God"...

This is what we are seeing in our courts today. The thief coming in and stealing the Bible out of our courts. Little by little the biblical message is watered down and made of no effect because it is simply misunderstood.

Once the word has been stolen the thief can kill something...

What does the thief kill? Well the Bible also teaches us that. The thief kills the walk of love. Fear begins to pervade society and the fabric becomes broken and shattered. This is the death of freedom and love. The the last thing the thief does is destroy something?

What is left to destroy? The Bible teaches us that what is left is, hope.

So this is the strategy of the thief revealed in this book....

Steal the word of God
Kill the "live love" walk of the word of God
and finally destroy any hope left.

Is this really what we want to see come to pass as a nation?
I stand in the wilderness of this internet only once voice among so many.

Psalms 144:15
Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,844 • Replies: 69
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:00 pm
Re: "STEAL THE WORD" (the Holy Bible and the US Go
RexRed wrote:
I thought you were preaching to the choir (pun).
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:06 pm
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
I thought you were preaching to the choir (pun).

Smile

...we are forever baptizing in the rivers of time... (and cyberspace)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:34 pm
Still not feeling any better, Rex?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:45 pm
nimh wrote:
Still not feeling any better, Rex?

Better as compared to what?

:wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:14 pm
The word of God is not just a book but it is an age old message and idea and a warning to cultures that think they are too civilized to no longer need God.

It is God that brought liberty and a respite to the world and this liberty is a light that must be guarded at all cost that the knowledge of God and the message of hope and love is carried for all generations to come.

We have only one world and one chance to someday reach out beyond the stars in spirit and truth we must not lose sight of the finish line.

God is the cohesive glue that binds our society together in unity. Without this peace of God we would certainly all perish in total darkness, oblivion and vanity. To castrate the way to this truth of God is like removing the soul and spirit from a living body. The body cannot survive with out the fountain of living waters.

Jeremiah 2:13
For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Comment:
People have forsaken an unlimited supply of water for a man made "broken" system of holding water and truth. A government without God is like a broken cistern, it cannot hold the vital sustenance that supplies and nurtures life.

2Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Comment
It is not the book itself but the living treasure derrived from the book that once learned it is created and resides within us as truth. Just as God resides within any nation that reflects God's glory.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:38 am
The Thief (Lucifer) is come to steal your soul as he deceives you into thinking he is God.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:56 am
But the Bible isn't the word of God, the Law of the Gospel is. But that doesn't exist today.

As one publisher (Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois) stated: 'The Bible may look like one book, but it is actually sixty-six books in one. Thirty-nine books make up what we call the Old Testament, and twenty-seven make up the New Testament. It is possible that more than forty writers were used by God to write all sixty-six books.' (Quoted from the "Holy Bible" - New Living Translation, Gift & Award Edition, l997, p. vii)

It's a collection of different works by many authors in which include the OT and NT, documents, accounts, historical facts and quotes. Surely, not the work of God.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 05:56 am
Has it ever occured to you that "the word of god" doesn't refer to actual words?

I am not religious, so it is probably easier for me to understand that all the sources we have that speak of the religious notion of god are poetic of nature. I am not commenting on the truth or fallacy of these sources, only saying that they cannot be taken literally.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 06:29 am
RexRed wrote:
This is what we are seeing in our courts today. The thief coming in and stealing the Bible out of our courts. Little by little the biblical message is watered down and made of no effect because it is simply misunderstood.

let's hope so, i don't want to be tried by your god, i want to be tried by something i believe in, my peers
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:07 am
djjd62 wrote:
RexRed wrote:

let's hope so, i don't want to be tried by your god, i want to be tried by something i believe in, my peers

And your peers godlessness?

Broken cisterns that can hold no water.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:27 am
Is the Word of God such a fragile thing that it can only survive if foisted on an unwilling population? I feel sorry for those who have so little confidence in the Word of God that they think it can be "stolen" simply by losing the unconstitutional preferential treatment Christian beliefs had been given by the courts. If God's Word were truly in people's hearts, they wouldn't need to demand that it be in courtrooms as well.

This country was founded on separation of church and state, and IMO freedom of religion is one of the things that made it great. It was not founded on Christianity, nor was our legal system based on the 10 commandments or the 600+ rules God gave Moses concurrently with them. a lot of American citizens are not Christians, those that are diiffer on basic tenets, and the government has no right to impose religious beliefs on anyone. Trust in God and his minions for that.

The Bible does not belong in our courts. It advocates intolerance, slavery, subjugating women, beating children, exterminating your neighbors, killing people for minor offenses, sacrificing animals and performing magical rites. It has a lot of good advice, but it is mixed in with so much garbage, ancient history and superstitions that I do not believe that it is - or ever was - actually the Word of God. (I don't believe the Quran is either, Raul)

Quote:
Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

The Israelites were not a happy people. Their God repeatedly failed them and then punished them for turning to other gods when he did not meet their needs. Have you ever read the entire Bible? I highly recommend that you do so before advocating its wholesale adoption by anyone.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 10:16 am
Terry wrote:
Is the Word of God such a fragile thing that it can only survive if foisted on an unwilling population? I feel sorry for those who have so little confidence in the Word of God that they think it can be "stolen" simply by losing the unconstitutional preferential treatment Christian beliefs had been given by the courts. If God's Word were truly in people's hearts, they wouldn't need to demand that it be in courtrooms as well.

This country was founded on separation of church and state, and IMO freedom of religion is one of the things that made it great. It was not founded on Christianity, nor was our legal system based on the 10 commandments or the 600+ rules God gave Moses concurrently with them. a lot of American citizens are not Christians, those that are diiffer on basic tenets, and the government has no right to impose religious beliefs on anyone. Trust in God and his minions for that.

The Bible does not belong in our courts. It advocates intolerance, slavery, subjugating women, beating children, exterminating your neighbors, killing people for minor offenses, sacrificing animals and performing magical rites. It has a lot of good advice, but it is mixed in with so much garbage, ancient history and superstitions that I do not believe that it is - or ever was - actually the Word of God. (I don't believe the Quran is either, Raul)

Quote:

The Israelites were not a happy people. Their God repeatedly failed them and then punished them for turning to other gods when he did not meet their needs. Have you ever read the entire Bible? I highly recommend that you do so before advocating its wholesale adoption by anyone.

Would you call the pagans happier?
Sacrificing their children to moloch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Also your opinion of the way Americans think is, I feel, the way you wish the common populace should be not the way it actually is. Americans are more Christian that you imply and you are in denial of that fact. Your reality is a fantasy.

The thieves stealing the word are a small segment of the population (atheists and agnostics) and the rest, for the most part, are just as ignorant of what the Bible actually teaches as you are.

The word of God may be stolen and no one may care because no one will understand what is at stake. (until it is too late)

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Comment:
The separation of church and state is not the same as the separation of God and state... (give that some careful consideration.)

A state without God is a godless state.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 10:27 am
Raul-7 wrote:
But the Bible isn't the word of God, the Law of the Gospel is. But that doesn't exist today.

As one publisher (Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois) stated: 'The Bible may look like one book, but it is actually sixty-six books in one. Thirty-nine books make up what we call the Old Testament, and twenty-seven make up the New Testament. It is possible that more than forty writers were used by God to write all sixty-six books.' (Quoted from the "Holy Bible" - New Living Translation, Gift & Award Edition, l997, p. vii)

It's a collection of different works by many authors in which include the OT and NT, documents, accounts, historical facts and quotes. Surely, not the work of God.

Raul (many blessings upon you), I would agree with you but, when the Bible is the only book that teaches "liberty" then it becomes the only source of the word of God... (other than people who preach liberty in God.)

Does the Qu'ran teach liberty? The actual "word of God" is the embodiment of the law of liberty through the walk of the spirit and not the adherence to the letter of the law..

James 2:12
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 10:41 am
Mt 13:19
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Comment:
Liberty and the walk of the living spirit guide is stolen and replaced by a dead code of laws.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 10:31 pm
Rex, can you tell me what this thread is about in plain English without any religious quotations and preaching and stuff? Don't you love your US government? If you don't, you realize of course, that you are alone in this regard as evyone else on this planet loves the US government dearly.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:38 am
Chumly wrote:
Rex, can you tell me what this thread is about in plain English without any religious quotations and preaching and stuff? Don't you love your US government? If you don't, you realize of course, that you are alone in this regard as evyone else on this planet loves the US government dearly.

You are more concerned what everyone thinks rather than what God thinks?

The Bible refers to this as "man pleasers"...

This thread is about the separation of God and state and that I have something to say about that if it ever should be considered in the US.

The church has no business in the state but a state without God is like the solar system without the sun.

They will have to pry the holy Bible from my dead hand... Smile

What unalienable rights are "God given"?

A government without God becomes God...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:27 am
Terry, I would also like to mention that it seems that people are now unclear on what this country (USA) was founded on.

Our constitution rests upon divine providence..

It is not the book but the ideology in the book that we come to admire and reverence. But one must study the book and compare spiritual things with spiritual to make an educated assessment as to what is the right way.

Now is the time as if there is no other to learn the divine providence of God. What is the will of God? That we all suffer and die or that we rise up and be counted among the holiest of God's saints?

When we lose our standards we lose our state with God.

We "stand" with God as his offspring but our "state" can fluctuate.

This state fluctuates to the degree that it's occupants understand and live by the divine providence of God...

This divine providence of God is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

These ideas are the word of God and within this word resides a providence where we can live in happiness with liberty and a loving God who presides over all things through peace and grace towards us.

The alternative is darkness, chaos and division caused by those who would usurp the throne of God for their own vanity of mind and for the power to rule over the world without question. Emperors and kings who stand as Gods to their people, it has happened many times before in history and it is a blight on the past that does not ever need repeating.

When God is taken from the picture then people think they can become Gods... When there is a collective consciousness that "God" is greater than creation (and state) then there is less likelihood of a power vacuum that will try to impersonate God for their own self gratification.

take your pick

liberty or law

Every system in the world offers law, and only God and his word (Bible) offers liberty. ("new" testament.)

All other laws are contained in the law of liberty and all of our courts are contained in the Bible's ideology...
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:10 am
Terry wrote:

Word.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:23 am
Diest TKO wrote:
Terry wrote:

Word.

If the agnostics and atheists were so ok with themselves and God then they would not feel it necessary for them to aggressively push to sanitize culture of every remnant of (specifically) Christianity. The ACLU's crusade against the Bible, God and Christianity is fighting the very liberty they profess to value and claim to be protecting. (Go figure) It is shameful.

Is the liberal world a bit confused or just on the wrong side of the fence?
0 Replies