"STEAL THE WORD" (the Holy Bible and the US Govt.)

Terry

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:54 pm
RexRed wrote:
But I am saying a God of liberty should be in government.

Liberty is a goddess, not a god - which you should know since you posted a picture of her statue. :wink:

Quote:
Our government should facilitate the truth of God rather than be silenced, deafened, blindfolded and made dumb.

This truth being: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... the creator and creation, God is love, the golden rule (which is freedom from the law), and the hope of Christ. etc.

NO. Our government should allow everyone to find their own truth, not foist the unproven beliefs of a specific religion on everyone. You even said so:
RexRed wrote:
The essence of liberty is the faith in a "living guide" that is divinely created within us by God. This guide teaches us our own unique way and calling with God. It is stronger and more precice and personal than the law could ever be.

Why not let God inspire and guide people as he will, instead of trying to use the government to impose Christian tenets on everyone?

But if you think that the US government can or should attempt to convert its millions of Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, and other citizens whose religious traditions differ from yours, should it impose the Catholic, Protestant, LDS, fundamental, or some other version of Christianity?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:55 pm
Raul, how do you suggest that we test the gods to determine whose book is correct, if they refuse to cooperate by giving us some indisputable sign?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:39 pm
RexRed wrote:

Psalms 23:1-6
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 [Thus] Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Comment:
Sounds like an Governor to me...

No it doesn't. Not at all.

Quote:

You and your idolatrous friends can worship yourself and call the word a lie but I will worship God and call his word truth.

Romans 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature [creation] more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Comment:
You and your ilk have been doing this to God for over 2000 years I really don't expect you to stop now... Do you not know the difference between the creation and the creator? Do you SERVE creation more than the creator?

I've been doing something to God? I wa unaware that a man had such power to have such an effect on a being with infinite power! Ridiculous. The creator, the creation, and servewhat is known and REAL.

Quote:

Now look who is in bondage? You are (appear to be) the very definition of bondage and fear.

I'd love to read this definition.

Quote:

Did Jesus fear death and torture? "Not my will but thine be done..."

Relavancy?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:43 pm
RexRed wrote:

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 [Thus] Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Comment:

No it doesn't. Not at all.

Quote:

You and your idolatrous friends can worship yourself and call the word a lie but I will worship God and call his word truth.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature [creation] more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Comment:
You and your ilk have been doing this to God for over 2000 years I really don't expect you to stop now... Do you not know the difference between the creation and the creator? Do you SERVE creation more than the creator?

I've been doing something to God? I wa unaware that a man had such power to have such an effect on a being with infinite power! Ridiculous. The creator, the creation, and servewhat is known and REAL.

Quote:

Now look who is in bondage? You are (appear to be) the very definition of bondage and fear.

Quote:

Relavancy?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 03:44 pm
RexRed wrote:

Comment:

No it doesn't. Not at all. What wild definition of governor do you have, further, even if religion had a place in government, it would be as a governor.

I'd like to see examples of how you think government should handle certain issues with god, and remain fair and balanced.

Quote:

Comment:

Quote:

Quote:

Relavancy?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:58 am
My reply is in red.

Terry wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Would you call the pagans happier?
Sacrificing their children to moloch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Also your opinion of the way Americans think is, I feel, the way you wish the common populace should be not the way it actually is. Americans are more Christian that you imply and you are in denial of that fact. Your reality is a fantasy.

The thieves stealing the word are a small segment of the population (atheists and agnostics) and the rest, for the most part, are just as ignorant of what the Bible actually teaches as you are.

The word of God may be stolen and no one may care because no one will understand what is at stake. (until it is too late)

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Comment:
The separation of church and state is not the same as the separation of God and state... (give that some careful consideration.)

A state without God is a godless state.

The Wikipedia article indicates that there is no consensus as to ancient practices. The Israelites were ordered to "consecrate" their first-born children to God, but could redeem firstborn sons with silver (they could also redeem donkeys). What do you suppose happened to firstborn daughters?

Isa 1:11
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

Comment: Why not read what is written? Wiki is not an authoritative source of biblical truth.

The article in wiki is referring to a time when paganism had over run Judaism and the the Hebrews by enacting pagan practices along side their Hebrew practices. Just as how self worship is overrunning America and causing it's inevitable division.

In any case, Christianity is FOUNDED on the sacrifice of a human being to God, and that apparently makes them happy.

WRONG! Christ gave (laid down) his life it was not taken by another or God. Once again it is someone blaming God for the work of the ENEMY.

I am not in denial of anything. I have actually read the entire Bible, cover to cover, unlike most of the purported Christians I have encountered. 85% of Americans may identify themselves as Christians, but their actions belie their words. And the remaining 15% have a right to have their beliefs (or lack thereof) respected by their government.

It take more than "reading" the Bible it takes "study" of the Bible to unlock the pitfalls that "steal the word".

2Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

NO ONE can steal the Word of God, but it can be corrupted by people who pick and choose among thousands of passages to craft a religion that suits their own purposes.

You are contradicting Jesus, Jesus says the thief comes to "steal" the seed, which he reveals to his disciples, the seed in this parable is the "word of God"..

Luke 8: 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away [steal] the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Comment:
It seems you missed this in your cursory reading of the Bible. (I miss things too my friend. It is not that I am trying to put on airs... again, the glory goes to God and his word alone.)

A state that does not impose religious beliefs on its populace would not be godless, it would be god-neutral. Its people could believe in as many gods as they wished.

In am not saying the state impose anything religious but it should impose truth, justice and the American way... (God is contained in the word TRUTH and the word JUSTICE and thus the American way) I am just saying the state should point to a loose definition of "God" as the object of it's peoples "worship" and thus it takes that kind of absolute rule away from the state.

If you recall in history the state has (as in Rome and many other "governments") claimed to BE God countless times... This must never happen again. Where is the liberal athiests and agnostics place in a government that no longer facilitates God but acts as God because to the Government "god does not exist. The government should reverence the idea of God and know it's place as "UNDER God with liberty" and not "over God with laws"...

Right after these claims of being GOD these states, governments, empires have consistently have fallen just as men fall when they have usurped God's power. (even the Hebrews found this fate after they fell from word of the true God.) God is the governor. Just as Jesus pointed people to the father and took the glory off of himself and put it where it belongs, with God.

John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Psalms 22:28
For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

Ephesians 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Comment:
As GREAT as Jesus was he was not "the father", but you are saying the government is God? If our government is not God it should acknowledge that fact. Not just teach freedom of religion... For freedom can come back upon itself. The sanctity of God should be protected by government. Just so the David Korersh and the Jim Jones of the world get the message of God's supremacy over the kingdom of man AND government loud and clear. This message is an on going duty of government to it's people and their generations considering that rampant idolatry is the very decadence and ruin of a society and it's rule.

Nu 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:18 am
Eph 1:4
According as he [God] hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 12:51 pm
I prefer the Inca religion. I practice daily offering and sacrifices.

Human and animal sacrifices are held on special occasions such as the enthronement of the Inca (the king), when 200 children are killed, or in times of crises such as famine, or epidemics. Is that OK for the US Gov't to promote Rexy?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 01:33 pm
Chumly wrote:
I prefer the Inca religion. I practice daily offering and sacrifices.

Human and animal sacrifices are held on special occasions such as the enthronement of the Inca (the king), when 200 children are killed, or in times of crises such as famine, or epidemics. Is that OK for the US Gov't to promote Rexy?

How you err in the Biblical message and it's evolution. I do not hold it against you because this knowledge is known by only (if not less than) 1% of the world population.

Humans sacrificed animals because of something that today is still not understood. LIFE. What is life? What atones for life? What atones for the flesh? Until you ask these questions and then search through the confusion of life and find the answers you are simply grasping at abject constructs that only provide a flash in the pants at best.

The old testament view of God was created due to a lack of spiritual access. They created God in THEIR OWN image. Peter who was one of the best (spiritually) the world had to offer still denied Jesus two times thrice (six times). And we know what the world did to Jesus out of their own lack of spiritual connectedness to liberty.

For one to manipulate one simple icon (sacrifice) of the past and expect it to stand within the void of what is not known of the true God is rather naive.

It is known that God's will was not in these sacrifices but in the twisting of sacrifice God saves us.

The true God is illusive.

The true God did not cause the great flood. But the true God saved Noah and his family. The true God did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, but the true God saved Lot.

The flood was metaphorically paganism as is seen symbolizing the animals two by two being reserved for the sake of godly grace.

We must recognize the truth with the eyes of the spirit and not the reason of the flesh, for the reason of the flesh only can only see the kingdoms of this world but the eyes of the spirit see the kingdom of God.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:59 am
RexRed wrote:
For one to manipulate one simple icon (sacrifice) of the past and expect it to stand within the void of what is not known of the true God is rather naive.
Rexy I am not manipulating icons, I simply prefer the Inca religion to your version of Christianity.
0 Replies