"STEAL THE WORD" (the Holy Bible and the US Govt.)

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:25 pm
RexRed wrote:
http://bjdecastro.com/Statue_of_Liberty.jpg
http://www.artseaphotos.com/images/Statue%20of%20Liberty%2072.jpg

relvance?

How about this one.

http://wahdy5ftm.pbwiki.com/f/Manzanar%20in%20dust%20storm.jpg

In a long ago America, a more religious America, we put the Japanese into camps.

What about...

http://altreligion.about.com/library/graphics/trial22.jpg

the witch trials? Christians are certainly about liberty. don't make me llaugh.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:25 pm
RexRed wrote:
http://bjdecastro.com/Statue_of_Liberty.jpg
http://www.artseaphotos.com/images/Statue%20of%20Liberty%2072.jpg

relvance?

How about this one.

http://wahdy5ftm.pbwiki.com/f/Manzanar%20in%20dust%20storm.jpg

In a long ago America, a more religious America, we put the Japanese into camps.

What about...

http://altreligion.about.com/library/graphics/trial22.jpg

the witch trials? Christians are certainly about liberty. don't make me llaugh.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:28 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Ga 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

How is ANY of this relevant to real slavery? It was not our world's great relgious leaders that led us to be free.

Diest,

That Bible verse is the antithesis of reason. What people do in the name of God is not always congruent with the actual will and purpose of God.

Those who seek the calm and peaceful place where the true God abides will be led beside the still waters and walk into the green pastures of freedom and will hear the clear revelation and will act upon their destiny and will capture the moment. They will see the spirit as their shepherd and will follow in God's holy promise.

Ps 23:6 t
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Comment:
We are willing slaves to the spirit of the true God.

Truth requires truth, faith requires faith.

RexRed
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:30 pm
Quote:

What people do in the name of God is not always congruent with the actual will and purpose of God.

Fairplay. I agree. This is why our government must NOT be any religion's tool.

Religion should be something personal, not something public or mandated.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:32 pm
RexRed wrote:

This is for weak minds. Go ahead and be a slave if you believe it, but don't think that the world is okay with being a slave with you.

Christianity is about liberty... we are all slaves...

What?????
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:06 pm
Diest

Are those pictures of the works of God or men?

How many people have you personally seen "GOD" kill?

Get your head out of the sands of poor Biblical understanding.

You are amalgamating the works of men with the intent of the Christian God.

This is like walking into a room and turning on a light and noticing a snake in the corner. So some people in fear shut the light back out, because they reason that the snake first appeared when the light was turned on. So they associate the snake with the light. But with the light off, the snake has better senses in the dark than a human to warmth, sound, vibration etc. Without the light the human is rendered defenseless.

On that same logic, without God the human is rendered defenseless. God does not create evil he reveals evil.

As with terrorism today, people confuse the revolution against terror and self defense as another form of terror because they see the war as beginning at the same time terror began. So they think if we shut off the revolution against terror they will likewise defeat the snake that is lurking in the darkness waiting to kill as many people with as little effort as possible.

It is only the revolution against terrorism that will enable us to fight this snake that is hellbent upon mortally wounding us. Just as spiritual light is the only hope against the wickedness that has become our adversarial nemesis within this world.

God and the law of liberty is the source of this light.

Ephesians 4:3
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:20 pm
RexRed wrote:

This is like walking into a room and turning on a light and noticing a snake in the corner. So some people in fear shut the light back out, because they reason that the snake first appeared when the light was turned on. So they associate the snake with the light. But with the light off, the snake has better senses in the dark than a human to warmth, sound, vibration etc. Without the light the human is rendered defenseless.

No.

The analogy is that when we are bit by the snake, we seek out who put the snake in the room in the first place without concern for what may happen.

Make a case for why Religion should be integral in government, or be done. no government should do something in the name of God, or claim to do it under God's will. when history reveals the truth, religion is first to distance itself from those it used to embrace.

Case and point, Slavery in england and America.

[/QUOTE]
Quote:

Have you nothing to say for your own inconsistancy?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:21 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
RexRed wrote:

This is for weak minds. Go ahead and be a slave if you believe it, but don't think that the world is okay with being a slave with you.

What?????

We all can't be God...
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:23 pm
No. None of us can be. Government is not the facimile of divinity, nor does it strive to be.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:52 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
No. None of us can be. Government is not the facimile of divinity, nor does it strive to be.

God does not conform to governments and men, governments and men (and women) conform to God. You seem to think it goes the other way around and therein is the problem.

Romans 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:04 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
RexRed wrote:

No.

The analogy is that when we are bit by the snake, we seek out who put the snake in the room in the first place without concern for what may happen.

Make a case for why Religion should be integral in government, or be done. no government should do something in the name of God, or claim to do it under God's will. when history reveals the truth, religion is first to distance itself from those it used to embrace.

Quote:

Have you nothing to say for your own inconsistancy?

You can either be a slave to your own mind (that is prone to legalism and selfishness, narrow sightedness) OR you can be a slave to the mind of God that is gracious and boundless.

Which slave will "win" in the end?

We are slaves to God [PBUH] by choice not by compulsion.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:17 pm
Diest TKO wrote:

No.

I am not saying religion should be in government.

But I am saying a God of liberty should be in government.

Religion is man-made... Truth is God-made.

Truth is self evident.

The truth remains true regardless of whether if we acknowledge it or not.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:31 pm
Jesus Christ was the worlds greatest conspiracy theorist.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:36 pm
Quote:

Truth is self evident.

Why should god be in government? In matters of the universe around us, when has truth been self evident? When looking to find the shape of our world looking inward (a self evident method) we found that it was flat.

Quote:

You can either be a slave to your own mind (that is prone to legalism and selfishness, narrow sightedness) OR you can be a slave to the mind of God that is gracious and boundless.

In bondage, no one wins. If you wish to express your love for your master as a way to please him, fine.

I'll take my freedom, and when I have to fight for it I will, legal or other.

It is you who fears freedom.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:33 am
My reply is in the color red.

Diest TKO wrote:
Quote:

Truth is self evident.

Why should god be in government? . Why should government have a governor (God)? Silly question... In matters of the universe around us, when has truth been self evident? When looking to find the shape of our world looking inward (a self evident method) we found that it was flat.

The inner world of the spirit is still flat (which you seem oblivious of) heaven is up always and hell is always down. It depends upon which perspective you value most.

Quote:

In bondage, no one wins. If you wish to express your love for your master as a way to please him, fine.

Brain washing is only detrimental to one's health when one's brain is being washed with something other than truth. Just as bondage can be a benefit when one lasso's a star and rides their way into eternity.

I'll take my freedom, and when I have to fight for it I will, legal or other.

Your version of "freedom" is only another illusion of your own tethering to self bondage.(and the bondage of your peers)

It is you who fears freedom.

I fear nothing whatsoever...

2Ti 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of
fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:49 pm
Dude, you serious have a screw loose.

Quote:

Why should government have a governor (God)? Silly question...

Let me begin with, this is not a silly question. Next, this isn't a answer to the question I asked. Last, assuming god was apart of government, where is the checks and balances? What if the people disapprove of God's direction? God cannot be apart of government, because government must be able to adapt to the needs of the people, further it must be able to offer accountability for it's mistakes.

Quote:

The inner world of the spirit is still flat (which you seem oblivious of) heaven is up always and hell is always down. It depends upon which perspective you value most.

The world is round. The inner world? Let's say I had one, I certianly wouldn't make mine flat. You live in your world all you like, just don't come into my world demanding me to live in yours.

Quote:

Brain washing is only detrimental to one's health when one's brain is being washed with something other than truth. Just as bondage can be a benefit when one lasso's a star and rides their way into eternity.

Brainwashing is good? Bondage is good? No. Bondage is only benificial to the slave owner.

Quote:

Your version of "freedom" is only another illusion of your own tethering to self bondage.(and the bondage of your peers)

A slave to myself? I'm cool with that. It's circular and a stupid expression, but it also makes me tha master of myself. Long live freedom. I cammand myself to be free.

Quote:

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Liar.

You fear death and torture.

You would never dare step foot into the unknown, you need some artificial paper compass to convince you are headed north. You'll never be lost, because you'll never look around you, and when you get anywhere, it's where you think you should be, even if it's not.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 06:46 am
Diest TKO wrote:
Dude, you serious have a screw loose.

Quote:

Why should government have a governor (God)? Silly question...

Let me begin with, this is not a silly question. Next, this isn't a answer to the question I asked. Last, assuming god was apart of government, where is the checks and balances? What if the people disapprove of God's direction? God cannot be apart of government, because government must be able to adapt to the needs of the people, further it must be able to offer accountability for it's mistakes.

Quote:

The world is round. The inner world? Let's say I had one, I certianly wouldn't make mine flat. You live in your world all you like, just don't come into my world demanding me to live in yours.

Quote:

Brainwashing is good? Bondage is good? No. Bondage is only benificial to the slave owner.

Quote:

A slave to myself? I'm cool with that. It's circular and a stupid expression, but it also makes me tha master of myself. Long live freedom. I cammand myself to be free.

Quote:

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Liar.

You fear death and torture.

You would never dare step foot into the unknown, you need some artificial paper compass to convince you are headed north. You'll never be lost, because you'll never look around you, and when you get anywhere, it's where you think you should be, even if it's not.

Psalms 23:1-6
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 [Thus] Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Comment:
Sounds like an Governor to me...

You and your idolatrous friends can worship yourself and call the word a lie but I will worship God and call his word truth.

Romans 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature [creation] more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Comment:
You and your ilk have been doing this to God for over 2000 years I really don't expect you to stop now... Do you not know the difference between the creation and the creator? Do you SERVE creation more than the creator?

Now look who is in bondage? You are (appear to be) the very definition of bondage and fear.

Did Jesus fear death and torture? "Not my will but thine be done..."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:16 am
Our government should facilitate the truth of God rather than be silenced, deafened, blindfolded and made dumb.

This truth being: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... the creator and creation, God is love, the golden rule (which is freedom from the law), and the hope of Christ. etc.

THE GOOD NEWS...
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:33 pm
RexRed wrote:
Would you call the pagans happier?
Sacrificing their children to moloch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Also your opinion of the way Americans think is, I feel, the way you wish the common populace should be not the way it actually is. Americans are more Christian that you imply and you are in denial of that fact. Your reality is a fantasy.

The thieves stealing the word are a small segment of the population (atheists and agnostics) and the rest, for the most part, are just as ignorant of what the Bible actually teaches as you are.

The word of God may be stolen and no one may care because no one will understand what is at stake. (until it is too late)

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Comment:
The separation of church and state is not the same as the separation of God and state... (give that some careful consideration.)

A state without God is a godless state.

The Wikipedia article indicates that there is no consensus as to ancient practices. The Israelites were ordered to "consecrate" their first-born children to God, but could redeem firstborn sons with silver (they could also redeem donkeys). What do you suppose happened to firstborn daughters?

In any case, Christianity is FOUNDED on the sacrifice of a human being to God, and that apparently makes them happy.

I am not in denial of anything. I have actually read the entire Bible, cover to cover, unlike most of the purported Christians I have encountered. 85% of Americans may identify themselves as Christians, but their actions belie their words. And the remaining 15% have a right to have their beliefs (or lack thereof) respected by their government.

NO ONE can steal the Word of God, but it can be corrupted by people who pick and choose among thousands of passages to craft a religion that suits their own purposes.

A state that does not impose religious beliefs on its populace would not be godless, it would be god-neutral. Its people could believe in as many gods as they wished.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:44 pm
RexRed wrote:
This divine providence of God is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

These ideas are the word of God and within this word resides a providence where we can live in happiness with liberty and a loving God who presides over all things through peace and grace towards us.

The God of the Bible killed arbitrarily, imposed capital punishment for infractions of his Law, slaughtered children, sent his son (who he later sacrificed) to insist that the Law should be interpreted even more strictly, and forbids enjoying many of the pleasures in life. How do you get life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from that?

It was Paul who claimed that Jesus freed us from the Law, probably because his prospective converts balked at circumcision and following strict Jewish dietary laws. Paul never even met Jesus or witnessed his acts, but altered Jesus' message so that it would be acceptable to Gentiles. God was quite definite on the subject of strict obedience to his Laws.

RexRed wrote:
The alternative is darkness, chaos and division caused by those who would usurp the throne of God for their own vanity of mind and for the power to rule over the world without question. Emperors and kings who stand as Gods to their people, it has happened many times before in history and it is a blight on the past that does not ever need repeating.

When God is taken from the picture then people think they can become Gods... When there is a collective consciousness that "God" is greater than creation (and state) then there is less likelihood of a power vacuum that will try to impersonate God for their own self gratification.

Apparently you do not believe that Paul espoused the Word of God:

Paul wrote:
Romans 13
Submission to the Authorities
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

RexRed wrote:
If the agnostics and atheists were so ok with themselves and God then they would not feel it necessary for them to aggressively push to sanitize culture of every remnant of (specifically) Christianity. The ACLU's crusade against the Bible, God and Christianity is fighting the very liberty they profess to value and claim to be protecting. (Go figure) It is shameful.

<sigh> The ACLU's crusade is to defend the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They are not against the Bible, God, or Christianity, merely the unconstitutional imposition of any specific religion on the American people. Religion in private is fine. But the government must remain impartial and must not appear to endorse any specific religion or forbid any lawful religious practices, whether or not you personally agree with them.
0 Replies