The Republican Oath

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:45 am
I'll willingly relinquish my constitutional rights, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll accept the risk that one of my kids will be a victim of gun violence, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll accept creationism taught as science in public schools, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll give control of my government to freaks like Jerry Falwell, Franklin Graham, Pat Robertson, and John Ashcroft, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll go along with whatever pinheads like Sick Rantorum say, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll give control of my country's foreign policy to the Israelis, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll condone an inquisition, as long as it can prevent an intifadah, and I won't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll allow the world to be pushed to the brink of a world war, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

I'll defend the devil with my dying breath, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.

Hell, I'll even pretend to be the friend of dark skinned people, as long as I don't have to share my money with dark skinned people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,479 • Replies: 94
No top replies

Jim

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 04:54 am
Violet - may I ask you to consider the possibility that not every Republican is as vile as your post seems to indicate?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 05:19 am
as i said a million times we must stop exagerrating
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:50 am
But how much of an exaggeration is it?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:02 am
Nonsence. Makes you wonder about free speech.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:03 am
What does your response mean, au?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:08 am
Some republicans are dark-skinned people. Does that mean they hate themselves?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:30 am
Just commenting on the original post. I think it is way over the top. Just an opinion.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:12 am
Way over the top. Besides, when people get do stiffed, it's not just "dark skinned people". What about the disabled, what about all children of every shade in the US who are getting stiffed out a decent education. What about all people of the blue collar working and middle class whose jobs have dissappeard over the last few decades. Only dark skinned people? The bad economy and ignorance negatively effect people at every level including the rich.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:16 am
Ah, but when the rich are wimpering from their injuries, our administration is sure to apply the balm of massive tax cut to soothe the wounds of outrageous fortune . . .
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:20 am
Set, how do you define "rich"?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:22 am
Same way Bush's new tax code does, darlin' . . .
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:36 am
The first post was ridiculous.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:05 am
VL, You just need to replace "dark skinned people" with "poor people" or the "middle class and poor people." I think it follows with "compassionate conservative" much better. c.i.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:27 am
Didn't know there were 'oaths'.

The Republican Oath

I believe that the proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.

I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person's ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.

I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.

I believe that sound money policy should be our goal.

I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin. I believe that persons with disabilities should be afforded equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity as well.

I believe we must retain those principles worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.

I believe that Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time, share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.

Finally, I believe that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
-----------------
Going to look for the Dem's oath.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:34 am
I did the same search for the Dem 'oath'. Pretty sure this isn't the official one. It's the only one I found.

Democrat Oath

Published in the RB Sun, August, 1998
By
Allen Polk Hemphill

I (Repeat your full name), being a good Democrat, believe that:

Webster Hubbell earned every dime of that $800,000 he was paid after his first conviction and before he entered prison… the 92 participants and witnesses who have fled the country or taken the Fifth Amendment in the Campaign Finance investigation is a plot by the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy…Billy Dale and the White House Travel office members deserved to be fired…the President and Monica Lewinsky were just "colleagues" as declared by Monica's attorney…President Clinton never had sex with "that woman"…900 FBI files only on Republicans found in the White House were only a coincidence…Janet Reno acted properly in the death of 21 children at Waco…Hillary Clinton had no knowledge of the Rose Law Firm billing records found in her White House living quarters with only her fingerprints on them...the burial of M. Larry Lawrence in the National Cemetery in Arlington had nothing to do with his contributions to the Democratic Party…Betsy Wright was only joking when she said her job was to handle President Clinton's "Bimbo Eruptions"…Leon Panetta was not serious when he referred to President Clinton's "dark side" and to designing methods to keep women from being in the President's company, alone…Webster Hubbell, Susan McDougal, and the late James McDougal are just the type of people I would select as my closest friends, and each of their felony convictions are political…being a barroom bouncer was a great background for Craig Livingstone to be appointed as Chief of Security for the White House…The seven existing Independent Counselors appointed to investigate the current Administration by Attorney General Janet Reno is a plot by Right Wing Extremists…President Clinton did not evade the draft while he was in college…Susan McDougal,is innocent of defrauding the government of $300,000, is innocent of defrauding Zubin Metta of another $300,000, and is standing on principle when refusing to testify before the Grand Jury…President Clinton did not lie when, on 60 Minutes, he denied a sexual relationship with Jennifer Flowers…President Clinton did not lie when, in his recent deposition, he confirmed a sexual relationship with Jennifer Flowers…the Task Force appointed by Hillary Clinton to launch the Medical Reform Initiative was not created in violation of Federal Law as declared by the Federal Judge…Willam Ginsurg is a great lawyer…Vernon Jordan got Monica a breakfast with the Ambassador to the United Nations, and a job with Revlon because she is a highly qualified and skilled individual…Bill McDougal always impressed me as the sort of person I would have as a business partner…Monica Lewensky's 37 visits to the White House after her transfer to the Pentagon were to visit Betty Curry…there is nothing suspicious about Buddhist Nuns who have taken a vow of poverty giving $5,000 each to the Democratic Party…Hillary did not bill time that had been spent by Webster Hubbell…a sexual liaison between a boss and his subordinate in the office is inappropriate behavior, except in the White house…John Wong is in China visiting a sick aunt…Hillary Clinton's huge windfall profit in the stock market in the 80s was the result of only good investing, and not part of the "80s greed" that she talked so much about (briefly)"…pictures of a convicted drug distributor and a Chinese arms merchant in the White House with President Clinton are a fake…there is no "controlling legal authority" barring the Vice-President from making fund-raising phone calls from his office… Henry Cisneros is a model family man and should have remained Secretary of Housing and Human Development…President Clinton has kept his pledge to "run the most ethical administration in history"…

---------------
I'm sure everyone will enjoy the good natured humor.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:39 am
"I am not a crook"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:40 am
Me neither . . . don't know where i can find a big pile of cash layin' aroun', though, do ya?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:49 am
Poor Dick Nixon.....can't catch a break.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:51 am
did i mention Agnew?
0 Replies