The Democrats Just Took Over

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:55 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
How to ruin it? Laughing

Bush's tax cuts have reinvigorated an economy that was heading for recession at the end of Clinton's Presidency. Why do liberals feel the need to make the economy seem worse then it actually is? Just because Bush is President? What a feckless activity.

Snort

Stick to the day job, McG - amateur pundit economics ain't your thing

CYcloptichorn

It's easy to snort and make a stupid comment, but what I said was true cyc. Show me otherwise.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 10:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
How to ruin it? Laughing

Bush's tax cuts have reinvigorated an economy that was heading for recession at the end of Clinton's Presidency. Why do liberals feel the need to make the economy seem worse then it actually is? Just because Bush is President? What a feckless activity.

Snort

Stick to the day job, McG - amateur pundit economics ain't your thing

CYcloptichorn

It's easy to snort and make a stupid comment, but what I said was true cyc. Show me otherwise.

You're falling into the trap of non-corrollary statistics.

Bush cut taxes, and the economy stopped getting worse, so your conclusion is that the tax cuts must have been responsible for this. But you haven't provided any evidence that this is true, and there is a strong countervailing argument - namely, that our deficits are still climbing at the rate of 1/2 trillion a year with no sign of stopping. Not exactly a great economic indicator, that.

Sure, there are richer rich folks out there; but everything looks great when you pay for all your stuff on credit.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 10:20 am
It has been discussed often on this forum Cyc. I see no sense in having to keep showing the same sources every time some liberal decides to decry that the economy is in the tank.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 10:32 am
I never saw you post a credible source on this subject in the first place.

Let me ask you, if your personal debt was rising at the rate of 8% or more per year, would you say you personal finances were 'great?'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:03 am
Over the last three years, tax receipts have increased nearly 35 percent and the stimulus is continuing.
In 2005, America had the largest single rise in tax revenue in its history -- $274 billion dollars.
Over 5 million jobs have been created since August 2003 and the economy has grown for 18 consecutive quarters.
Unemployment is 4.8 percent, lower than the 20-year historical average of 5.6 percent.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:44 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that's why I love orgasms....they're free...

Only when you masturbate. Smile

Don't forget the lube. That isn't free. Unless you are a rough rider tough guy you won't need it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:55 am
Why don't we ask one of the soldiers that's been slaughtered if they'd rather be alive in a recession or blown to bits leaving behind a widow and young children in order to put off a depression that will eventually probably happen?

Oh wait that's right we can't ask their opinion can we? Well hell, at least we can still drive SUV's right?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Why don't we ask one of the soldiers that's been slaughtered if they'd rather be alive in a recession or blown to bits leaving behind a widow and young children in order to put off a depression that will eventually probably happen?

Oh wait that's right we can't ask their opinion can we? Well hell, at least we can still drive SUV's right?

What answer do you think you'd get if you had asked one of the soldiers in World War 2, or any other war you consider to have been just?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:00 pm
boomerang wrote:
When I hear anyone piss and moan about taxes while supporting the war I just want to slap them silly.

Wantwantwantwantwantwant. But pay for anything? No, thank you.

The fact that I'm willing to pay taxes for the war doesn't imply that I'm willing to pay taxes to support a tax and spend philosophy.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:10 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:
When I hear anyone piss and moan about taxes while supporting the war I just want to slap them silly.

The fact that I'm willing to pay taxes for the war doesn't imply that I'm willing to pay taxes to support a tax and spend philosophy.

Then again, the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is not really financed by taxes. Actually, the argument can be easily made that the entire war is completely being financed by China.

So even if you don't support a "tax and spend philosophy" but merely argue for paying for the war with your tax money, your argument seems to be in favour of raising the taxes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:16 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:

I never fail to be amazed that you guys are willing to do anything to support this war except go fight in it..... Laughing
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:22 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:

I have to agree with you there Brandon-- mostly.

The war costs a hell of a lot of money, so the spend part is pretty much fixed. This money obviously has to come from somewhere.

So the choice is "tax and spend" or "borrow and spend". You are free to choose between the two (unless you want to stop the war spending as many of us do).
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:44 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:

I never fail to be amazed that you guys are willing to do anything to support this war except go fight in it..... Laughing

Hope you aren't painting with to broad a brush.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:58 pm
obviously that wouldn't refer to you Larry, you've been there.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 01:55 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:

Appealing to the faults of the poster in a vain attempt to defeat his argument, is invalid.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 01:56 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:

I have to agree with you there Brandon-- mostly.

The war costs a hell of a lot of money, so the spend part is pretty much fixed. This money obviously has to come from somewhere.

So the choice is "tax and spend" or "borrow and spend". You are free to choose between the two (unless you want to stop the war spending as many of us do).

I am willing to pay taxes to support the war, but I am not willing to pay for profligate spending either for the war or for anything else.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 02:26 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:

Appealing to the faults of the poster in a vain attempt to defeat his argument, is invalid.

Not all of us are Tri-Lams Brandon.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 02:37 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
boomerang wrote:

Not all of us are Tri-Lams Brandon.

Attempting to support your opinions with invalid techniques of argument pretty much suggests that you can't support them with valid arguments.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 02:41 pm
as i said in my last post...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 03:18 pm
I think Brandon's real first name is Dorcas.
0 Replies