Creationism is false

baddog1

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 02:52 pm
Quote:
...Within a scientific framework (real-world as you put it), Creationism IS false and can never be otherwise. Creationism by means of *poof* is an undefined quantity within science.

Within a magical framework, everything is possible. So there's no sense wasting time trying to figure anything out. It's a brain-dead approach to life.

So Ros - if you love your Mom - is it *poof* a magical framework? Prove to me (within a scientific framework) that you love your Mom - or that she loves you. :wink:
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 03:36 pm
baddog1 wrote:
So Ros - if you love your Mom - is it *poof* a magical framework? Prove to me (within a scientific framework) that you love your Mom - or that she loves you. :wink:

I noticed you put a little wink-face at the end of that line... does that mean you were trying to make a tricky hidden point, or you just wanted to say something whacko.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 04:12 pm
baddog1 wrote:

My boots have leather uppers, therefore, without resort to magic you cannot prove that my Ford is green.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 07:46 pm
baddog1 wrote:
Quote:
...Within a scientific framework (real-world as you put it), Creationism IS false and can never be otherwise. Creationism by means of *poof* is an undefined quantity within science.

Within a magical framework, everything is possible. So there's no sense wasting time trying to figure anything out. It's a brain-dead approach to life.

You could ask his mom? She would probably say she does. There is the proof you would require.

Ask God if he made the world. What does he say? I've been asking for years and I haven't heard anything back yet. **** Him.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:21 pm
baddog1 wrote:
Quote:

*Poof* Now you see it.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/HEALTH/02/14/love.science/vert.vta.jpg
The brain of someone in love, looking at a photograph of significant other, shows activity in the ventral tegmental area.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/14/love.science/index.html
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:23 pm
<applause>
0 Replies

Foley

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 05:57 am
Quote:

Isn't it more brain dead to believe in something unconditionally when there can never be any proof of it? Knowledge is a journey, not a destination, and in this case so is wisdom. People need to be more open about their religion.

I'm not saying Creationism is wrong, but I am saying that without an open mind, you might as well believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

This, of course, goes for Atheists too. They can't prove God doesn't exist, but they'll claim they can until the end their life- not necessarily all of them, but a vast majority. The only true way to understanding is to be an Agnostic, because you have the chance to view the spiritual world from all angles, and then choose your path.

But people must accept that the literal story of Adam and Eve is wrong. Plain and simple. There are simply too many problems in the story. But I don't think that giving up that story should be as hard as it is for most Christians. After all, that story wasn't written by God or Jesus, it was written by Moses.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 06:29 am
rosborne979 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

I noticed you put a little wink-face at the end of that line... does that mean you were trying to make a tricky hidden point, or you just wanted to say something whacko.

ros: Laughing I suppose that all of us have been considered whacko before, and my statement is no more tricky or hidden than; "...Within a scientific framework (real-world as you put it), Creationism IS false and can never be otherwise. Creationism by means of *poof* is an undefined quantity within science.

Within a magical framework, everything is possible. So there's no sense wasting time trying to figure anything out. It's a brain-dead approach to life."

Simply substitute "loving my mom" in place of "creationism" in your description and offer an answer. Much the same - aren't they? :wink:

Foley: Agreed.

Pauligirl: From the article you provided: "Or as her colleague, Dr. Helen Fisher put it: When you fall in love, "exactly the same system becomes active as when you take cocaine. You can feel intense elation when you're in love. You can feel intense elation when you're high on cocaine.""

ma: Are you saying that a statement of confirmation from anyone is all the proof you need?

timber: Are you sure your uppers are real leather? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 07:47 am
baddog1 wrote:
Simply substitute "loving my mom" in place of "creationism" in your description and offer an answer. Much the same - aren't they? :wink:

Uh, No. Of course not. How do you figure that?
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 08:10 am
rosborne979 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

It's the same circular argument that is inevitable about the subject of this thread. You know that your Mom loves you - yet you have no scientific proof. You essentially have "faith" that she loves you. You do not require scientific proof of this fact, you simply believe it to be true.

It is the same "faith" that creationists have for the origin of life. We do not require scientific proof, magical proof, etc. - it is simply our choice to believe creation to be true. We can no more 'prove' this belief than you can prove the belief your Mom loves you.

There are plenty of similar analogies - I just prefer the 'mom' analogy.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 08:52 am
baddog1 wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

It's the same circular argument ...

No it's not.

Emotions and Creationims are not analogous. Unless you think that emotions are supernatural events which lead to the creation of the Universe.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:05 am
rosborne979 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

It's the same circular argument ...

No it's not.

Emotions and Creationims are not analogous. Unless you think that emotions are supernatural events which lead to the creation of the Universe.

OK - fine, we'll try it your way:

Is the basis of creationism based on an emotional response(s)?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 11:21 am
The whole brain-washed concept of religion is based on emotion. That's the reason people pray to their gods. That's the reason believers sing praises to their gods. Faith is based on emotion, not logic and common sense.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 12:32 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
real life wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Eorl wrote:
Which is exactly why it's pointless. With magic, all things are possible and equally likely, including Last Thursdayism.

By proof, I meant the real-world kind. The kind that accepts you can't fit today's entire biodiversity on a boat, no matter how many cubits you've got to play with.

I expected as much. Just wanted to be sure.

Within a scientific framework (real-world as you put it), Creationism IS false and can never be otherwise. Creationism by means of *poof* is an undefined quantity within science.

Great circular argument, ros.

'Within a strictly natural framework, the supernatural cannot be included.' Laughing

You must think the dictionary is a book of circular arguments.

Not at all.

It is one thing to say that 'Mathematical formulae are not addressed by the study of etymology'

and quite another to say 'Etymology proves mathematical formulae false.'

Do you see the difference?

You want to assert that science (naturalism) proves that creation (a supernatural event) false.

Nothing of the kind has been proven, or can be proven by science.

An accurate statement would be that:

'Natural science is restricted to the study of natural causes and effects, and as such cannot adequately address the issue of supernatural creation.'

But to claim that:

'Naturalism proves supernaturalism false because supernaturalism is outside the framework of naturalism'

is an absurdity.

Your statement regarding an 'undefined quantity' is acceptable. But you go beyond when you state that this lack of definition proves it false.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 01:17 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
The whole brain-washed concept of religion is based on emotion. That's the reason people pray to their gods. That's the reason believers sing praises to their gods...

And the "whole brain-washed concept" of your Mom loving you & vice-versa is based on emotion as well. Does that fact prove that your Mom does not love you? Or that you do not love your Mom? :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 01:21 pm
baddog, You just proved my point. Mothers loving their children is one of the strongest emotions in humans. It's based on biology as much as the brains concept of maternity.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 01:23 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 01:56 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
baddog, You just proved my point. Mothers loving their children is one of the strongest emotions in humans. It's based on biology as much as the brains concept of maternity.

OK - happy to help! Very Happy

Also; glad to hear that you love your Mom & vice-versa.

And happy to see that you fully understand why/how people "pray to their gods" and "sing praises to their believers". :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 02:07 pm
Sing praises to their "gods."
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 02:15 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Sing praises to their "gods."

Oops - thanks. Embarrassed
0 Replies