Personal Space

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 08:47 pm
If someone needs to "get something off their chest" about you but it's the same old crap they always say that you just don't want to hear anymore and they invade your personal space to do it what do you do? This is the type of person that wont leave you alone if you ask nicely, wont leave you alone if you raise your voice, wont leave you alone if you start screaming and cursing for them to get out of your face, and still wont leave you alone if you have to get up and shove them out and lock the door. I'm litterally screaming at the top of my lungs for this person to leave the room and they continue to stand there answering each cursing deamnd for them to leave with "why?" Is it childish for me to even get to that point? It really takes an aweful lot to get me there but if you know how to press the right buttons then I can skip steps. In my mind I didn't want to listen in the first place beacuse I knew it would lead to a fight but in trying to avoid a fight I created an even bigger one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,391 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 08:59 pm
You could always do what a lot of other people do. Put on the headphones and crank up the music.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 09:01 pm
Is this person the same person you've been considering leaving for the last two years? If so, I suggest you go back over your A2K history and read the very sincere, good advice many of us have already given you.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 10:35 pm
It's more like someone who acts like my dad and uses the same "do as I say not as I do" thing even though they are my same age. I did try the music thing and that seemed to work. I blared music to drown them out and it actually made them leave my room and the house.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 10:44 pm
I'll reiterate what Green Witch said - I gave my advice long ago. Wake up, friend. Also, get some counselling for the trip.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:07 am
http://files.myopera.com/vetler/blog/DSC01078.JPG
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:22 am
I was in this exact situation.

Let me tell you what worked for me. First get an 8ball of crack, a monkey, a midget wearing a hood, a camcorder, 5 gallons of plain yogurt, a shotgun and a liter of Wild Turky.

(part 2 later)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 08:00 am
All my sympathy goes to the person who was yellling at Kitkat - I think many of us from her past can relate. We try and tell her the truth, we yell the truth at her , we scream it louder and louder and she just stands there with her hands over her ears singing "I can't hear you, I can't hear you"....

Kitkat, maybe you should listen to what people are screaming at you about - you might learn something about yourself.
God I feel soooo sorry for that guy, his throat must really hurt.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:13 pm
Green Witch wrote:
All my sympathy goes to the person who was yellling at Kitkat - I think many of us from her past can relate. We try and tell her the truth, we yell the truth at her , we scream it louder and louder and she just stands there with her hands over her ears singing "I can't hear you, I can't hear you"....

Kitkat, maybe you should listen to what people are screaming at you about - you might learn something about yourself.
God I feel soooo sorry for that guy, his throat must really hurt.

Uh...he wasn't screaming at me, I was screaming at him. I already took your advice, I mentioned that a while ago, what more do you want from me? Last time I said I wasn't sure I wanted to do what you were saying and then I made up my mind a short time later. This is the aftermath of all of that. The reason I was screaming is because there comes a point when what the other person is saying is like kicking a dead horse. It's the same thing over and over and no matter how much you try to do what they are asking it's never enough and they keep asking for more and more. Not to mention that this person is bi-polar so little things will set him off that don't usually have any real meaning behind it.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:39 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Is this person the same person you've been considering leaving for the last two years?

kitkat_bar wrote:
It's more like someone who acts like my dad

Quit beating around the bush-- is it or is it not the same guy as always?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 08:36 pm
All I want to know is "Are there weapons in the house."
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:18 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

Well?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:23 pm
Quote:
there comes a point when what the other person is saying is like kicking a dead horse. It's the same thing over and over and no matter how much you try

excellent point..
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:14 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

Yes it is the same person. I haven't left yet because I am getting my **** together first otherwise i'll be out on the street with no home and have to become a prostitute to make money to live (exaggeration).

You mean guns? No, I don't allow them. My husband wishes he could get a gun but I don't trust him with it. Plus I don't like guns. I believe that there really is not point in getting one even in case of a break in. I would rather the burgler take what they wanted than to see that we have a gun and think to him/herself "it's shoot or be shot". It's not that I don't trust him as a husband, I don't trust him as a person because his family is kind of strange when it comes to owning guns. They like to kill things like small animals for fun. They also are the type of people who believe that we should just nuke Iraq and sacrifice the innocent women and children for a greater cause. What kind of Mormon's are these people anyway?
As for other weapons I have pleanty of samuri swords and a dagger under my mattress.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:26 am
Well, that's a relief anyway.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:49 pm
****. I was gonna ask some advice, but you guys / gals have become brutal over here in R&M.

Just keep in mind it's a lot easier to advise someone to just leave than to actually do it. She'll land on her feet when she does. She's a cat.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:57 pm
and what is the propblem with bi-polar?

and what possible advice could you wany squinney? Our life together is perfect... a warm ocean of smooth sailing in calming breezes... 24/7 right? huh? right? huh? wouldn't you agree? huh? right? don't you think so? huh? right?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 05:31 pm
A white-haired stalker? Here on A2K? A white-haired, bare footed stalker?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 05:33 pm
Probably wouldn't be the first time... is he fully clothed?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 05:39 pm
There's a looooong history of kindly advice on this one, Squinney. We still mean all that kindly advice. Glad kitcat is a cat...
0 Replies