A SNOW-LESS Winter in Bahstin...

roger

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 07:23 pm
@jespah,
Once again, I'd like to thank all of you for doing your part in the war on global warming.
jespah

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 12:30 pm
@ehBeth,
I have a version of those. I should dig 'em out.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 12:48 pm
I used to live in Braintree. If I was still 11 years old, I would wish to be there now.
But I'm not. So I don't.
50 degrees here in Mukilteo.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 08:47 pm
@neologist,

must not be much fun living in Braintree these days with an untrustworthy red line...
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 08:58 pm
@Region Philbis,
I'd like to go back.

In the summer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 09:28 pm
I remember our yard, rental house, in our first years in Chicago. From my older view point, I'd take that matters got to 24 inches and in places much more. I did shovel, to what avail I'm not clear. As I have said here before, I remember ice skating at -7, and we never heard of windchill.

Now - I am an acknowledged idiot re dealing with black ice.

Enough about me.

How are you keeping?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:03 am
As you might expect; thanks for asking.

This is our back yard. Note the stairs to the deck.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/zA2K%20Stuff/Photo02150820_zps0qpkqwzu.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:22 am
@neologist,
not far from me --- braintree was ugly before this latest snow - I dropped my daughter's friend there last week - they didn't seem to plow so well especially on the smaller streets... this family lives in a hilly neighborhood - I can't imagine driving on those streets now - I will not offer to drive her home again until the summer.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:23 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Once again, I'd like to thank all of you for doing your part in the war on global warming.

I'd kill for some global warming right now.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:52 am
@Linkat,

maybe we'll get some, after the mini Ice Age blows over...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 03:39 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

roger wrote:

I'd kill for some global warming right now.

Can we trade? I got a scorching sunburn after an hour at the dog park yesterday. Would love to have some more cold weather come our way, especially if it has water with it.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 03:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Can we trade?

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/8782/2633947-8666383733-29741.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 09:00 am
@Region Philbis,
The following image is NSFW. Please remove children and elderly persons with weak heart conditions before scrolling down!

You've been warned! Prepare to be terrified!

http://i59.tinypic.com/10i9keg.jpg
We're catching up to you Boston! Pray for our souls! We're being buried alive here in NYC!
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:28 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Open letter to future Darwin Award winners...

PLEASE STOP!

Your's truly,
Mayor Marty Walsh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/17/boston-jumping-out-windows-into-snowbanks-mayor-speech_n_6699228.html
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 12:26 pm
Per Jimmy Fallon:

Quote:
After the government and most major businesses in Washington, D.C. closed yesterday when four inches of snow covered the ground in their first major snowstorm of the season. Fallon commented:

“It seems like everyone is affected by the snow—in fact schools and federal offices in Washington D.C. were shut down today after the city received four inches of snow in their first major snow storm of the season. Or as Boston residents put it… Are you f***ing kidding me?”

“‘Four inches of snow? I left for work this morning out of a second-story window, cowboy up!’”

Maybe if the federal government had the gumption of half of our commuters, we could actually get something done.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 03:53 pm
@Linkat,
Snowzilla Returns!
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:13 am
@tsarstepan,
Yeah I saw that - makes me shutter in horror at the thought of ...... SNOW....

Several weeks ago my daughter was playing in a fall softball tournament. I brought her on Sunday and it was probably the coldest Sunday all year. While they were warming up and before the start of the game, I sat in the warm car. My daughter later told me - did you see the snowflakes? There were flakes while we were warming up. I missed them because I was reading in the warm car.

Can't believe it snow flakes.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 08:37 am
@Linkat,
When this winter becomes too oppressive. Join the navy!

A nuclear attack sub will become the newest USS Massachusetts
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 09:24 am
the weather is whack

we had light snow about 3 weeks ago

today it is shorts and t-shirt weather - temp in the mid 60s f
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 09:29 am
@ehBeth,
Similar here: one day a bit of snow (and everybody got the winter tyres mounted), then, since three weeks, mildest late summer weather (Last two nights 15°C - that would be even very mild at daytime in November!)
0 Replies