Hives using Forteo?

divs

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:51 am
Hello, wanted to know if anyone has had hives using Forteo, my mother has recently started Forteo and has developed hives/rash all over her legs.
Thx!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,107 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 06:35 am
Any time you start a new medication, and you get a rash, stop using it IMMEDIATELY, and tell your doctor. What your body is telling you is that it is allergic to the substance. Sometimes, a rash can be a warning, and continued use of the substance could cause life threatening side effects.

How do I know this? It has happened to me on more on one occasion, and once it nearly did me in.

Here is a list of the various side effects of Forteo:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic3/forteo_ad.htm

BTW, Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
azryl

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2015 09:51 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Thank you for your comment and URGENCY regarding to discontinue use! It took me a while to connect the dots - no pun intended, as my Mom started with the Forteo injections two weeks ago. Initially was complaining of unusual itching, then as of this evening - and the 2 hours since I left her, the itching has advanced to a painful burn. I noticed red dots. Not so much a rash when I was with her. Her careprovider (she is rehabbing from 2 compression fractures : L4 and sacrum, and while in acute rehab seemed to have sustained a pelvic fracture/crack uncovered via MRI post discharge. We will stop the injections (the only new medication introduced in this time frame) and call the Rheum tomorrow. I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT SYSTEMIC RAMIFICATIONS!
0 Replies