Saddam, was he really hanged?

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:13 pm
detano inipo wrote:
It is my opinion that the video of the hanging will create hundreds of volunteer suicide bombers. I guess they wanted to show proof that he is gone. Little do they know that on TV almost anything can be faked.

I thought that too.
As I watched everything else on the video be blurry and out of focus, yet his face well lit.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:14 pm
but, im just beating a dead horse.

Im sure he was killed. at least, I want to hope so? .. o ut of my own morbid thoughts..
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:16 pm
I think we should invade Texas next and ravage a few women......
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:26 pm
only hung men please..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:29 pm
don't you all realize saddam is the anti-christ?

it says in the bible the A-C will be someone who dies, but then comes back to life.

That's when everyone who follows him start to think he's godlike or something.

mark my words.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:33 pm
hmmm

I would toss my hat ( not my salad ) into that idea as well..
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:37 pm
Hitler May Still Live, Eisenhower Is Quoted
from Stars and Stripes
(Newspaper of the U.S. Armed Forces)
Southern Germany edition, Monday, October 8, 1945, front page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LONDON, Oct. 7(AP) - There is "reason to believe" that Hitler may still be alive, according to a remark made by Gen. Eisenhower to Dutch newspapermen. British Sunday morning newspapers gave front page emphasis to the General's statement.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:39 pm
I'm familiar with Oxnard.

On the tape, or tapes.... dunno.

I rarely get into conspiracy stuff. Sometimes things seem peculiar (thus you'll see me on, what, a plutonium thread. I think Liv was a smuggler.
I have a faint memory of giving an opinion on some damn thing and my business partner waving her hand at conspiracy theorists. Too bad I forget the subject... I might have been correct.

My present pov is that the hanging was unfortunate, a) for itself - a-1, I am anti capital punishment, and, a-2, berserk that we have anything to do with this (starting much earlier); b) re the timing, b-1, justice for, oh, say, the kurds, and b-2, religious date.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:54 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
hmmm

just let me take care of that for you... :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:56 pm
detano inipo wrote:
It is my opinion that the video of the hanging will create hundreds of volunteer suicide bombers. I guess they wanted to show proof that he is gone. Little do they know that on TV almost anything can be faked.

Ok, on a serious note: I dont think Saddam's death will inspire any suicide bombers. Different set of people and motives.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:58 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

just let me take care of that for you... :wink:

Sorry, Shewolf is currently otherwise (pre)occupied.. :wink:
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:25 pm
Rolling Eyes No, Saddam was never actually executed, turns out it was a guy named Gordon from over on Warren Street who had a run-in with the law last April...the 28th to be precise. It was a Friday and Officer Meyersteinbergowitzer was deeply aggrieved at having to fill out all the arrest papers as the Sabbath set in. He spoke a day or so later with his favorite Rabbi and the Rabbi suggested a vacation. Meyersteinbergowitzer misunderstood and sent Gordon over to take a cruise on a luxury liner on the Euphrates. Eventually things got out that Gordon was quite similar in appearance to Saddam and the next thing that happened was Gordie was in a jail cell and Saddam was out playing ice hockey. If you look closely at the video...which I am sure many have...you can see that there is a slight scar under the left earlobe from when Gordie took a spill back in 1950. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:31 pm
Wow, Sturgis!

Have you gone to the press with this??

Otherwise we could all be famous on A2K!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:44 pm
I've had to keep it under wraps since I have an eerie similarity in appearance to Officer Meyersteinbergowitzer and he has threatened to send me on a vacation as well. His vacation plans although well intentioned don't seem to end very well.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:09 am
Seriously?

Wow, this is big.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:37 am
I don't see the scar though, the video quality is too poor. How can you?
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:11 am
shewolfnm wrote:

I just think it odd that he was so still so quick..

Dead people don't move around much as a general rule.
I could be mistaken though.

Quote:
and why was he hung in a basement?

That's where the gallows was.
They could have built it on the front lawn I suppose but why move it out of the basement just for one more criminal ?
They're not exactly competing against 'Friends' for ratings.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:12 am
Damn.
I thought there was only one page to this.
Apologies.

I should stop thinking faster than my browser.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:25 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/saddam_dingdong_thumb.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 08:14 am
Sturgis and I wear the same tin foil hat !! Laughing

OK. so let me clarify myself a bit , now that Im not typing with one eye closed.

I do think he is dead.

I dont truly think the video is faked. I was pointing out how someone else might argue that it was due to quality, shakiness and lighting.

I have seen people hang and they are usually more " active" then he appeared to be. But, that makes me no expert. He could have very well have broke his neck immediatly wich would have killed him right away.
I guess I was expecting to see a physical struggle, kicking, gasping for air, blah blah ..

But, I do have to say that I would not be surprised at ALL if it surfaced that he was already dead and the hanging was staged.

I would not be surprised at all if that hanging happened MONTHS ago and is just now getting to the public.

And, i would not be surprised if he was never hung, and is in hiding somewhere.

Do I think those things really happened?

Ehh... no.

Not yet.
0 Replies