I know why women cheat but why do men cheat..........

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 12:27 am
Hi everyone,

I am very curious to know what the mentality of a man is. I know why some men cheat. duh! Sex but other than that, why else?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 656 • Replies: 12
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:05 am
well ... my wife doesnt understand me.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:18 am
There has been a theory offered fairly recently that men are not naturally monogamous.

http://www.reuniting.info/peace_between_the_sheets/published_articles/sex_brains_and_monogamy

http://atheism.about.com/od/bookreviews/fr/MythMonogamy.htm

http://www.igs.net/~rogersk/mono.htm
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:03 am
I may be very fond of sirloin steak, but I wouldn't want to deprive myself of all other tasty dishes.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:11 am
I'm the epitome of monotonous.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:16 am
flyboy804 wrote:
I may be very fond of sirloin steak, but I wouldn't want to deprive myself of all other tasty dishes.

Of course this is not a true comparison. If I am unfaithful to my sirloin, there is no resentment from the bovines; however if I am unfaithful to my spouse there can be considerable mental anguish for both the spouse and myself.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:36 am
snood wrote:
There has been a theory offered fairly recently that men are not naturally monogamous.

( i need to read those links but..)

I dont think that humans are naturally monogamous period. I have always thought this though.

Society says we should be.

I think, as a survival technique, we are geared to want to reproduce with many people. That ensures the survival of our species.

Well, that isnt necessary anymore. Doesnt mean that the gene / drive / desire isnt THERE. It just isnt necessary anymore.

Introduce controlling religions who say that you have to be married, stop screwing other people, and voila - a supposed end to a natural drive. Well thats just bull-ka-ka.

im not in any way saying that it is ok for anyone to cheat.
At all.

but i think there is something there that we cant really 'turn off'. I think it is natural to want to sleep with many people.

We just are smart enough to conform to our societies rules now, respect out personal family rules, and have evolved ( somewhat) into monogamous creatures.

well.. some of us are.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 10:53 am
A recent study showed that more women are unfaithful than men. I'll see if I can find a link.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 11:07 am
Survey, not study, and one might consider the source (a condom maker):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006600199,00.html
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 11:26 am
I'm with the Wolf's line of thinking.

Question isn't so much why they cheat as why don't they?

In my opinion, it is just a matter of wanting one thing more than another. Real simple.

And they gotta understand what the choices are.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 01:16 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
flyboy804 wrote:

Of course this is not a true comparison. If I am unfaithful to my sirloin, there is no resentment from the bovines; however if I am unfaithful to my spouse there can be considerable mental anguish for both the spouse and myself.

Not to mention the financial anguish you'll suffer after she's been through
with you, and you may not be able to buy yourself another sirloin steak after that Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:11 pm
no sirloin for him , how about baked beans ?
hbg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:12 pm
Steady diet of home-made sausage.
0 Replies