Global Predictions for 2007

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:44 pm
Okay soothsayers, fortune tellers, prognosticators all - at least those brave anough among you to do so - what do you predict will be the chief headlines on a global scale in 2007?

William Safire starts us off - comment on his or add your own:

The Office Pool, 2007 NY TIMES SOURCE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 633 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:24 pm
I would be willing to invest every dime I have on the fact that the Dow will not hit 15,000 in 2007. In fact, I already have. The DJIA essentially will end 2007 below what it is now.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:28 pm
war, rumours of war, environmental disasters, terrible economic downturn, betrayal of the handicapped by the government, more and more US soldiers slaughtered in the Middle East, constant reassurances by bushco that things are progressing nicely and record viewing numbers for American Idol.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:34 pm
I predict the market will do well in 2007 unless the Dems manage to get some hefty tax hikes past President Bush and I don't see that happening.

Look for more presidential vetoes in 2007 than we have seen in the previous six years. In fact, as there was only one veto in the previous six years, look for a LOT more vetoes in 2007.

I don't think Congress will override federal funding for embrionic stem cell research or government government control on drug prices. I think Safire missed on that one.

Unless the Dems manage to deep six the funding for our military in Iraq, I do think that will improve in the coming year and we will see democracy begin to take hold there while there will be significant decrease in terrorist activity as the Iraqis themselves step up to the plate.

I predict Britney Spears will marry and divorce again in 2007.

I think the Donald will win the shouting match with Rosie.

And I agree American Idol will be big again this year IF they come up with a more impressive talent pool than they did in 2006.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:37 pm
O'Connerlesss court will decide (b)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 06:14 am
But how will they decide LSM? What is your prediction?

I guess its too late to predict that Saddam Hussein won't make it to 2007.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 10:48 am
Foxfyre wrote:

I believe that the USSC will decide that the powers that be went too far in their zeal to segregate schools. Bussing a kid 20 miles to school when there's a school within walking distance is an unneeded expense & stupid.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 11:43 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

I believe that the USSC will decide that the powers that be went too far in their zeal to segregate schools. Bussing a kid 20 miles to school when there's a school within walking distance is an unneeded expense & stupid.

I agree and think there is a good chance SCOTUS will rule sensibly on that one. I also predict they will agree that a state can ban partial birth abortion and that Massachusetts has no jurisdiction to dictate what kind of cars Detroit has to manufacture.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 11:52 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

My God I agree. 1000%. Someone inform the media.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 12:11 pm
By the end of 2007 the world will be happy and at peace. Freedom will ring throughout the globe! Iraq will become a damn nice vacation spot! George W Bush will become known as the greatest President in history! Everyone will be rich and love thy neighbor! And all diseases will be cured!

Damn -- that's gotta be the stupidest post I've ever made.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 12:27 pm
NickFun wrote:
By the end of 2007 the world will be happy and at peace. Freedom will ring throughout the globe! Iraq will become a damn nice vacation spot! George W Bush will become known as the greatest President in history! Everyone will be rich and love thy neighbor! And all diseases will be cured!

Damn -- that's gotta be the stupidest post I've ever made.

Laughing
0 Replies