It's only the weather but;

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 06:55 pm
Most of yesterday and this morning the local weather forecasts called for severe winter weather for Albuquerque and generally northern New Mexico. I dialed in Fox News Channel and happened on their weather news and read/heard that the expected storm would mainly hit colorado then go north and east pretty much by-passing new mexico. Later this afternoon the local weather forecasts reduced the storm warning to minimum (1" of snow)
The point is that often I find Fox News pretty damn accurate when dealing with regular news information; it's only when Fox News blurs the line between actual reality based information and op-ed distortions of news that I object (not that they are the only network to do so, but, by far, the worst.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 485 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:08 pm
"SOUTHWEST SPARED STORM OF CENTURY" see they cant lose nomatter what happens.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:31 pm
farmerman wrote:
"SOUTHWEST SPARED STORM OF CENTURY" see they cant lose nomatter what happens.

Yeah I hear that
"It might rain somewhere today"
but the point I was trying to make is that I often get quicker and more accurate news from Fox News than from others like CNN or MSNBC.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 08:03 pm
Interesting admission. I've long been in the habit of splitting my time between FOX and CNN. Both are biased, but neither is the National Enquirer. It cracks me up when the Salon.com junkies denounce any FOX report as unreliable for no reason other than it was reported on FOX.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 08:20 pm
This is good since I need to get to the post office (oh, five miles away) tomorrow.
0 Replies