Too Many Bratz!

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 11:45 am
Kinda appropriate as someone recently had a thread regarding these horrible dolls. Anyone my daughter got alot of Bratz for Christmas (none from Santa Claus). She already has at least 10 of these dolls. She has five boxes of these dolls that have not been opened yet. What the heck am I going to do with these?

I hid three hoping she won't notice and will try to return these to the store if she forgets about them or give them to a charity. Is this o-k for a mom to do? Take a child's presents away from them? It's not like she is so excited about them and probably won't even notice they are gone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 5
No top replies

mac11

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 12:42 pm
I'm not a mom, but I think it would be ok to return them or donate them. How old is your daughter? If she's old enough to understand about charity, it might be good to tell her what you're doing...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 01:24 pm
Do Bratz sell clothes separately? That's what we did when my daughter got too many Groovy Girl dolls -- exchanged some for clothes. She still felt like she had something but didn't have a ridiculous number of dolls. (Maybe it's an arbitrary distinction but I think of dolls as being important -- to remember their names, ascribe personalities, not have an overwhelming amount -- while there can be more clothes (2 outfits per doll, say) without being so overwheming.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 01:41 pm
I thought about telling her - either saying you can return these and get ABC (something I know she would like, but is more practical - like Bratz clothes) or to give to another child - we do have her involved in giving gifts to charity each year. However, I am afraid that suddenly these particular Bratz dolls that sat in their boxes all of a sudden become very important to her. The thought of her having to give them up in some fashion could suddenly make them more valuable where in reality she didn't even take them out of the box.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 04:05 pm
Has she written thank you notes for them?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 04:16 pm
Probably not as these are from relatives that are local - she already said thank you in person. Those gifts from out of state do not include any Bratz.
0 Replies