I got dressed to go to the gym...

martybarker

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 06:08 pm
OK ehBeth, We should definitely convince Kicky to take up bellydancing!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 06:42 pm
http://www.jimboz.com/images/JimBoz-RakW06-00-EDIT01.jpg

this guy's going to be giving classes and a performance at the studio I study at

if all male belly dancers looked like this, I'd make Setanta go, let alone Kicky

http://www.jimboz.com/imgs-perf/JimBoz-FestivalOnTheNileXXVIII-01.jpg

dunno about the veil, but the skintight outta-sight's nice
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:03 pm
Shocked

No bellydancing for me, thanks. But actually, that boxing idea, I have thought about that before. A friend of mine and I were going to do that together a couple years ago, but then we went to find out how much it would be to get lessons, and that was the end of that. But that is a really good idea, Beth. I should look into that again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:20 pm
Ha!

That's exactly the face Setanta made Laughing

There should be quite a few places that offer boxing in NYC these days.
Apparently, the most demanding version is Thai. Or is that Thai Kickboxing?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:46 pm
OK, who's going to the gym tonight??
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:18 pm
I did 1/2 hour on the treadmill, 1/2 hour on the exercise bike. How about you marty?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:19 pm
Yesterday's misadventures in fitness ... click
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:22 pm
Great job you 2, I only made it 30 min jogging on the treadmill and got bored. But I am going to spin class tomorrow night!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 02:51 pm
I watched a lot of TV and got off the couch to go pee a couple times. I hope that counts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:41 pm
pffffffft

same as he ever was
same as he ever was
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 02:33 am
I went to the gym last night. Bloody hell, it was FULL. Had to wait for 5 mins to find a parking space. Went inside, stripped off, and then realised that I had forgotten to bring my gym shorts. So had to get dressed again, go home and fetch them. Got late for my trainer. As a punishment, he tortured me with double time on the climber. I think I am falling in love with him.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:40 am
I wish going to the gym was easier.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 10:26 am
What's hard about it for you, marty?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 02:06 pm
It would be easier if I could drag my butt out of bed early enough to go before work. I haven't gone without my shorts and had to go back home though.
I'm going to start a new thread if anyone is interested in training for triathlon with me. Maybe a motivational thread.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 11:31 pm
Went to spin class this evening. This has been a bad week for me. I did go swimming last friday but did nothing over the weekend.

How was every one elses week so far?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 11:33 am
Major bout of cold and body ache so no gym this week....

<did manage some golf though :wink: >
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:16 pm
Bad.

I went to the gym after 4:00 PM. It was super-duper incredibly crowded, which I hate. I asked when it would be less crowded, and was told between noon and 4. That's fine, best possible timing in fact, because the kid is in afternoon kindergarten, so I will go to the gym then and work other times (like when she's sleeping).

So Monday got all dressed and drove to the parking lot I usually park in (first time I went to the gym this stint, and where I parked all last summer). A sign -- "no visitors before 4:00 PM." Phooey. Went to another parking lot. Full. Drove around for a while looking for someplace else to park. Nada, nada, nada. By this time, with walking time from where I was + walking time back I'd have about 10 minutes at the gym before I had to pick up the kid.

Drove home. (Walked around neighborhood briskly for 20 minutes.)

Have been in contact with various entities about what to do about the parking situation (a few possible fixes are in process), but kind of stuck until then.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:57 pm
Before I got sick 2+ weeks ago, I was in a great groove for exercise. I'm having trouble getting there again.

Water aerobics is definitely out since I'm trying to get over a bad cold followed by a sinus infection - might try back to it on Saturday if the weather cooperates. I was alternating that 3 days/week with treadmill/exercise bike/resistance machines the other 4 days.

I can't seem to get into the gym every day. It's daunting. I think I'm going to try to build back up to every day by going 4 days this week for a start. There, I've written it down. I'm committed.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:59 pm
I dragged my lazy butt out for a jog at lunchtime.
There were probably buzzards circling overhead.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 02:31 pm
My "gym" is a very sedate rehab center. We're a one car family, so if I don't get there in the morning, I don't get there.

Monday I had a conflicting appointment. Tuesday I managed a partial session. Today, another partial session, but Thursday and Friday look good.

Unlike Real Gyms, the Rehab Center (($25 a month for a "Wellness" membership) isn't open on weekend.
0 Replies