I got dressed to go to the gym...

the prince

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:27 am
I got dressed to go to the gym yesterday.

And I did go !!!

Climbed 500 feet
Rowed 2 miles
Cross countried for 1.5 miles

and then did some core muscles exercises !!

It felt good !
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:31 am
martybarker wrote:
Someday??? If you get out there and do it again it'll get easier each time. And think of all the chicks that'll be checking you out in your cute shorts and manly perspiration.

Very true. Have you gotten into an exercise routine yet? Maybe I'll try to follow your schedule. How about I check back here and the next time you work out, I'll work out? Maybe the thought of us both sweating and groaning at the same time will motivate me.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 07:56 pm
Great job everybody! OK, tonight I'm working late but tomorrow is back to a 1 hour spin class and Sat. Mornings are always reserved for a 3 mile run at a nearby park with a friend.
Kicky, do you have a gym membership?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:22 pm
Kicky,
Where were you tonight? I waited and waited and when I didn't hear from you I fell asleep on the couch and missed my spin class. Well, tomorrow is my day off and I'll either try swimming or I'll get on the treadmill for a 3 mile run. Can I count on you??
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 12:46 am
Sorry about that, but I couldn't help it. I was out getting a nice little three-beer buzz at my company's holiday party. Free food and drinks. Nice. I'd like to say I came home and did some exercise, but alas, unless you count digging cat turds out of a litter box, I can't.

Tomorrow for sure! [size=7]Maybe.[/size]
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 12:47 am
Oh, and no, I don't have a gym membership. I find gym staff to be a bunch of assh*les, and the prices to be ridiculous for what you get. I have considered joining a nearby rec center, which is only $25/year, but I keep forgetting.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:50 am
My local YMCA is about $49.00/month and I'm trying to make the tues and thurs spin classes.
So I'm off right now to drop my son off to school and then the Y. I'm dressed to run the treadmill but I'm bringing my swimsuit too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:23 pm
I'd love to have access to a place with a pool!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:18 pm
The rec center I have been considering joining for the past three years has a huge pool, AND basketball courts AND a weight room.

The clientelle looks a little intimidating though.

I am thinking of doing some pushups right now. Or maybe masturbating. Hmmm...tough call...
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 01:40 pm
You might try the masturbating first as the pushups may be a little difficult where your mind is right now.

I had to cancel my running this morning as I had 1 too many margarita's last night. So right now I feel like crap and I can't get motivated to do anything other than hanging at the computer.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:01 pm
Well, I decided to go running instead. I ran in my "run for a couple minutes, walk for a minute, run for a couple minutes" style for about a half hour, then came home and did 60 stomach crunches and about 25 push ups.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't seem to run for more than about two minutes without feeling like my heart is going to burst inside my chest, and I was killing myself just to do those measly 25 pushups. F*cking middle-aged body...anyway...

I feel real good that I worked out, so I think tonight I'll go out and get bombed or something and try to pick up some slutty 2 AM bar chick. Oh crap, I have a date tonight. Dammit, I guess that means I'll just have to have sex. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:05 pm
martybarker wrote:
You might try the masturbating first as the pushups may be a little difficult where your mind is right now.

I had to cancel my running this morning as I had 1 too many margarita's last night. So right now I feel like crap and I can't get motivated to do anything other than hanging at the computer.

Doing nothing and feeling crappy after drinking one too many is underrated. Nothing wrong with a good stiff drink or two or three or four...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:30 pm
kickycan wrote:
The rec center I have been considering joining for the past three years has a huge pool, AND basketball courts AND a weight room.

The clientelle looks a little intimidating though.

I am thinking of doing some pushups right now. Or maybe masturbating. Hmmm...tough call...

I'd be at that rec center in a flash, but since we have no rec center, I've perfected the art of masterbation.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:31 pm
There is a park around a lake nearby which has a paved 3 mile trail. The first couple of times we went I could hardly run 1/4 mile without stopping. But I kept going every Sat and sometimes Sun and got a little further without stopping each time. If you keep it up you'll be up to a full mile without stopping soon.

I'm not so good with the hair of the dog idea, but I did manage to eat a few crackers with some gatoraide. I think I need to give up Tequila for a while.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:36 pm
Montana wrote:
I'd be at that rec center in a flash, but since we have no rec center, I've perfected the art of masterbation.

Hmmm...do you need a partner in that endeavor? I'll spot you! No need to thank me. I'm a giver, it's what I do.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:40 pm
Thanks for the pep talk Marty. Yeah, maybe I will get better. Running kind of bores me though, to tell the truth. I'd rather be playing basketball or somehow competing against somebody. Exercise just for the sake of exercising is drudgery to me. But I'm trying. I really do need to be beating the hell out of someone in some kind of competition in order to really stick with something though.

And don't give up the tequila! What are you, some kind of quitter!?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:47 pm
Whyn't you try something like boxing, Kicky?

Something a bit outside of your comfort zone.

~~~~~

Belly-dancing classes did it for me. Took a coupla weeks before I'd put my glasses on in class .... I was horrified at the thought of seeing myself in that mirror Shocked I coulda gone back to swimming, but I needed to break through the wall - try something that really pushed me.
0 Replies

Montana

kickycan wrote:
Montana wrote:

Hmmm...do you need a partner in that endeavor? I'll spot you! No need to thank me. I'm a giver, it's what I do.

You're so sweet, kicky Very Happy
0 Replies

martybarker

My friend convinced me to go to this singles thing with her tonight. I'm afraid by the way I feel right now I won't be the one with the lamp shade on her head. I'm working my way up to eating an omlet and I'll be dragging my ass into a hot shower soon.

Too many margarita's=NOT COOL!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 02:57 pm
martybarker wrote:
Too many margarita's

No such thing.
0 Replies