Speaking of wrong numbers.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 07:47 pm
Would you really, Nick, while lolling in front to the tv or toasting a cheese sandwich?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 07:56 pm
I rarely loll in front of the TV so the cheese sandwich scenario seems more probable.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:18 pm
dyslexia wrote:

The caller wanted me to attend a community conference with the topic " bringing bible based governace back into the republican party"

The word "back" is the kicker.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:25 pm
I think I would have asked who else was going. I mean, a party's only as good as the people attending, right?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:12 pm
Next time, dys, I hope you tell them you'd love to go, and then show up with a video camera hidden in your pants (preferably aiming outward). And then I hope you post the video on youtube.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:24 pm
Here's a Bible verse for Republicans:

Have nothing to do with stupid and senseless controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to everyone, an apt teacher, patient, correcting opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant that they will repent and come to know the truth.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:02 am
kelticwizard wrote:
But Baldimo, if you look at dyslexia's first post, you don't see any mention of Christianity there.

For all we know, this could be a group of Republican Jews looking to promote a movement of government by Talmud.

Baldimo wrote:
If that were so then they wouldn't call it a Bible, they would have said the Tora

Sorry, Baldimo, but that is simply wrong. I lived in a neighborhood for awhile that was about half-Jewish, and Jews refer to "the Bible" all the time when it comes up in conversation.

Believe it or not, there is at least one Jewish community in rural New York State which has such a thing. Maybe they hired telemarketers.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:04 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Next time, dys, I hope you tell them you'd love to go, and then show up with a video camera hidden in your pants (preferably aiming outward). And then I hope you post the video on youtube.

Not a good idea. In a hypocritical crowd like that they'd find it in a heartbeat.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:54 am
I'm not so sure. I mean, they called him in the first place, right? Clearly their radar is off.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:52 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I'm not so sure. I mean, they called him in the first place, right? Clearly their radar is off.

I think I have been divorced for 15 years and I still get mail addressed to my former husband, so having one's radar off isn't all that unusual.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:55 pm
Another verse for Republicans:

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

- James 1:27-27
0 Replies