U.S. military considers foreign recruits

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 11:25 am
Just what we need, a mercenary army, But why not? We already have contractors fighting (under cover of being security forces) in Iraq. ---BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,081 • Replies: 41
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 11:41 am
Jose can you see? General Osama bin laden USMC.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 12:41 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Jose can you see? General Osama bin laden USMC.

There are plenty of non-citizens serving in the military. Look at the Navy for instance. There are plenty of Phillipians serving. I was deployed with a kid that is from Vietnam who isn't a citizen but has lived here for about 10 years or more. He was even putting in his citizenship papers while we were deployed.

I don't have an issue with non-citizens serving as long as they aren't illegal aliens. If you can be here by law then I don't have an issue with you serving in the military.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 12:45 pm
Military.com wrote:
An article in The Denver Post on Feb. 24 that the U.S. military does not know the citizenship status of 16,031 active-duty military personnel provided me with my latest "very rare occasion."

In a recent article ("The Illegal Immigration Threat," DefenseWatch, Jan. 14, 2004), I talked about a 19-year old illegal alien who used a bogus green card to enlist in the Army, and how the Army was going to help facilitate getting him citizen status. (The Army's efforts did result in that soldier being sworn in as a U.S. citizen.) Little did I know at the time that that soldier was literally just the latest tip on a monolithic iceberg.

Let me share with you excerpts from the Denver Post article and my varied reactions to them:

The Denver Post article reported:

"[T]he citizenship of 16,031 members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines is listed as 'unknown.' That's about one in 100 active-duty military members who might be U.S. citizens, legal immigrants - or just about anybody else."
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 12:47 pm
BBB
I've got a big problem with recruiting poor people from other countries, usually third world countries, to fight and die in our wars. If we can't recruit enough Americans to our military in support of the Iraq war, we shouldn't be fighting in Iraq.

BBB
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 01:54 pm
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
I've got a big problem with recruiting poor people from other countries, usually third world countries, to fight and die in our wars. If we can't recruit enough Americans to our military in support of the Iraq war, we shouldn't be fighting in Iraq.

BBB

Wait isn't Mexico a thrid world country? If that is so, why is it ok for them to come here illegally and work but you don't want them to join the military?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 02:10 pm
anything that keeps my cubs from coming home in a box is a-okay with me......
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 02:16 pm
If our war in Iraq was a just war I doubt we'd be having recruiting problems.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 03:06 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

So non-Americans are not as important to you as Americans? Does that mean their lives aren't worth as much?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 03:09 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

So non-Americans are not as important to you as Americans? Does that mean their lives aren't worth as much?

no not at all..... you and yours aren't as important to me as me and mine either.... get real Larry...don't tell me you wouldn't push one of my cubs off a cliff to prevent one of yours from the fall....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 03:18 pm
Baldimo wrote:

I don't have an issue with non-citizens serving as long as they aren't illegal aliens. If you can be here by law then I don't have an issue with you serving in the military.

France and Spain do so as well .... call it "Foreign Legion".
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 03:21 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

no not at all..... you and yours aren't as important to me as me and mine either.... get real Larry...don't tell me you wouldn't push one of my cubs off a cliff to prevent one of yours from the fall....
Laughing

I'd do what I could to save both of them. In the end, I would hope that I would chose the one that had the best chance of survival. Thats the difference between you and I. If mine was going to fall anyways and yours had the chance to live I beleive that I have enough moral fiber to not be biased.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 03:31 pm
cliche. horseshit. that's the difference between you and me.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 03:36 pm
Farming out a nation's combat and defense is nothing new. Not a good thing, necessarily, but nothing new.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 06:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Theres a reason things are cliche just as there is a reason for sterotyping. Because most of what you hear is true. I called it like it is and how I think I would act. Just because you would throw your own mother under a train to save yourself doesn't mean the rest of us would. Thats the difference between you and I.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:09 am
Baldimo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Theres a reason things are cliche just as there is a reason for sterotyping. Because most of what you hear is true. I called it like it is and how I think I would act. Just because you would throw your own mother under a train to save yourself doesn't mean the rest of us would. Thats the difference between you and I.

First off Larry, it's you and me. That's twice now so it can't be an error, merely a misunderstanding of basic English. Second of all you can twist my words all you want but "you would throw your mother under a train" is the kind of stretch I would expect from you, the kind of Fox News tony snow moronic spin that has already closed it's run.

Nice try though. Laughing
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:54 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

First off Larry, it's you and me. That's twice now so it can't be an error, merely a misunderstanding of basic English. Second of all you can twist my words all you want but "you would throw your mother under a train" is the kind of stretch I would expect from you, the kind of Fox News tony snow moronic spin that has already closed it's run.

Nice try though. Laughing

Now you're playing the grammar police? Did Set give you his badge or did he just deputize you?

If you're comparing me to Tony Snow then I can only take that as a compliment. So the original question remains which you failed to answer before asking your own question which I did answer.

Do you find the lives of non-citizens less important then the lives of citizens? Do you really mind non-citizens fighting for this country?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:59 am
read my post Larry,spot my straightforward and honest answer. If it's giving you a headache I'll answer again. I find the lives of ALL human beings less important to me personally than the lives of my own cubs.... what's you're f*cking problem with that?

Family first dude, that's a conserative family value you know.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 08:08 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
read my post Larry,spot my straightforward and honest answer. If it's giving you a headache I'll answer again. I find the lives of ALL human beings less important to me personally than the lives of my own cubs.... what's you're f*cking problem with that?

Family first dude, that's a conserative family value you know.

I do know but your cubs have nothing to do with what is happening right now. Your cubs are in their teens not quite there which ever. You will only have to worry about it if they join the military which from knowing you for a few years now tells me you are going to to what you can to keep that from happening, so it is non-issue at this point in time.

I never asked you about your cubs. I asked you about citizens and non-citizens serving in the military and dying. You stated your cubs were the most important. That doesn't answer the question, that avoids the question.

Its almost like asking a yes or no question and you answer with blue.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 08:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

and then Larry wrote....

then a bunch of twists and turns in a transparent attempt to have me make a statement that allows him to expose me as a hypocrite who doesn't really value human life so he can go Ah Hah!!!!, and feel like he's accomplished something.

One more time Larry, where my cubs are concerned NO ONE'S life is worth as much. I don't think that makes me unusual or different from any other decent parent. That's the meaning of the statement no more no less.

You want to throw your life away serving a master who uses you as cordwood for their own benefit, go ahead, no skin off my ass. I've got a cable rep in my neighborhood. Laughing

Ovr and out before this gets ugly for no reason other than you scoring imaginary points.
0 Replies