...HASTA LA PISTE , BABY !...

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 10:54 am
the BBC reports :

Schwarzenegger breaks leg skiing

Arnold Schwarzenegger has been a keen skier for years
Former film star Arnold Schwarzenegger has broken his leg while skiing with his family in Sun Valley, Idaho.
The California governor was taken to a local hospital for X-rays, which revealed he had fractured his femur.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i bet there are some , who wish he had broken his neck !
i'm sure aaaanold will be blazing a trail again before too long !
hbg

..AAANOLD BREAKS LEG...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 7
No top replies

McTag

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 10:59 am
Beinbruch aber kein Hals- leider. Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 11:05 am
from what i hear , many republicans consider aaanold to be the
"black sheep" of the republican family .
they should have been able to tell that from his name :
"schwarze ... = black ..."
hbg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 03:08 pm
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 03:12 pm
are they sure he broke his leg

maybe it's a "toomah"

(see kindergarten cop if that joke makes no sense)
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 04:51 pm
so....he's not a robot after all
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 05:39 pm
I'm thinking it was a liberal left-leg conspiracy. :wink:
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 05:31 pm
He'll be back.

Schwarzenegger cleared to resume duties after surgery
By Peter Nicholas, Times Staff Writer
December 26, 2006

SACRAMENTO -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's broken right femur was repaired today and he was cleared to resume his official duties, the governor's office announced.

The surgery to fix his thigh bone, which the governor broke Saturday while skiing in Sun Valley Idaho, lasted an hour and a half. Schwarzenegger was cleared to resume his duties at approximately 10:45 a.m., according to the news release.

ADVERTISEMENT
In the prepared statement, orthopedic surgeon Dr. Kevin Ehrhart said the surgery "involved using cables and screws to wire the two main fragments of the governor's broken femur bone back together. It lasted approximately an hour an a half, was without complication, and the post-operation x-rays look great.

"Following the surgery, the governor was awake, alert and talking in the recovery room. He is now fully coherent and I have cleared him to resume his duties as governor," Ehrhart said.

Schwarzenegger will remain in the hospital for three days and will take approximately eight weeks to heal, said Ehrhart, who predicted a full recovery. The governor is not in a cast and will use crutches to walk while his leg heals, he said.

Aides said that preparations are being made for the governor to work from the hospital on his inauguration next month, the state of the State address and the 2006-07 budget proposal.

Adi Erber, a ski instructor who was with the governor at the time of the accident, said that Schwarzenegger was standing still, preparing for the final 200 yards of the run on Bald Mountain in Sun Valley, Idaho. The governor's ski pole got caught in one of his skis, causing him to trip and fall.

Erber described it as a "freak accident.''

He said the governor was in pain, and that a rescue team took him down the hill on a toboggan. Schwarzenegger was then taken to the hospital for X-rays.

The two men, accompanied by security guards, had been skiing for about two hours prior to the accident, Erber said.

"It was the last run down,'' Erber said. "He was trying to take off again and he tripped.''

Erber, a fellow Austrian, said that skiing is one of Schwarzenegger's favorite sports, and predicted that once the governor's leg heals he would be back at it.

"I've skied with him for 18 years,'' he said. "He's an expert skier.''

He added that the governor "will be back in shape in no time. And I'm sure he will ski again.''

While Schwarzenegger was on the surgery table, Lt. Governor Cruz Bustamante was in charge. He was notified this morning that Schwarzenegger had been cleared, according to a prepared statement by Andrea Hoch, his legal affairs secretary.
0 Replies