ALCOHOL CUTS RISK OF BRAIN INJURY

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 09:01 pm
"The University of Toronto team found head injury patients who had drunk low amounts were 24% less likely to die than those who had not had any alcohol.

They said alcohol might one day be used as part of emergency treatment for some head injury patients. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so before you take a fall , remember to take a drink first !
it seems to be in line with the suggestion that "a small amount of alcohol" is usually good for us .
just don't drink so much that you fall off the ladder - that's not the way to interpret this !
hbg

TO DRINK OR NOT TO DRINK ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 850 • Replies: 10
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 09:14 pm
A bit of the Couvoisier in a snifter, mein schatz. (how do you say 'our treasure?)

http://www.courvoisier.com/
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 09:29 am
(mein schatz = getting pretty personal Laughing )

make mine ballentine !
hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 09:31 am
No so personal... I didn't know the word for :"our"!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 09:44 am
Laughing
"unser schatz" would mean that we are sharing it (the drink) - i'd rather have my own drink without having to share , but don't mind sharing a bottle Laughing .
hbg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 09:57 am
Make mine a whiskey sour, hamburger. I finally learned to extract a cork from a bottle of wine, and it wasn't even a cork. It was plastic.

Saluta, osso.
Prosit, hbg

Now I don't have to worry that my mom dropped me on my head. Razz
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:12 am
Re: ALCOHOL CUTS RISK OF BRAIN INJURY
hamburger wrote:
"The University of Toronto team found head injury patients who had drunk low amounts were 24% less likely to die than those who had not had any alcohol.

They said alcohol might one day be used as part of emergency treatment for some head injury patients. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it seems to be in line with the suggestion that "a small amount of alcohol" is usually good for us .
just don't drink so much that you fall off the ladder - that's not the way to interpret this !
hbg

Of course they neglected to say that many of the head injuries were the end result of drinking...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:58 am
...but they were smiling while falling on their bean - let's hope so !
hbg
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 10:37 am
Re: ALCOHOL CUTS RISK OF BRAIN INJURY
Sturgis wrote:
hamburger wrote:

hbg

Of course they neglected to say that many of the head injuries were the end result of drinking...

KILLJOY
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:25 pm
On the other hand, a person who drinks alot gets more health troubles.

Isn't that right?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:36 am
I take every opportunity to improve my health. Pass me another one.
0 Replies