Red mark on my right calf!

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:34 am
This has been on the back of my left leg right around the calf. It itches a little but does not hurt. It has been there a while but I didn't know what it looked like until about an hour ago when I looked at it with a mirror. Any ideas on what it looks like or might be? I hate doctors!
Thanks for any help!

http://i11.tinypic.com/2wpo0tz.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,391 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:38 am
it looks suspiciously like the mark of the beast.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:39 am
Get over your hate of doctors, Victor.

In general (it's a pet peeve of mine, sorry) and for that specifically. Could be nothing in particular, could be something.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:42 am
Victor, that looks as though it is some sort of bite that has become inflamed. You need to have that checked out, buddy.

Hey, Bear. You sound chipper this morning. Hope all in well in N.C.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:44 am
It might be some form of excema. You might want to try on o-t-c cortisone ointment on it. My son once had some excema that just would not go away. What I finally did was cover the rash with the cortisone cream, put folded Saran wrap over the site, and taped it down with paper tape. The Saran wrap kept the skin from drying out, and really speeded up the healing process.

It take a while to get rid of that stuff. If you don't see an improvement, see a dermatologist.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:44 am
Letty wrote:
Victor, that looks as though it is some sort of bite that has become inflamed. You need to have that checked out, buddy.

Hey, Bear. You sound chipper this morning. Hope all in well in N.C.

NC is as always..... better than anywhere else.... Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:50 am
Could even be skin cancer. Only the doc knows for sure.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 08:52 am
yes.... all jokes aside... seee the doc... I hate going to the doctor but I've learned from experience that a small visit I hate is better than a big and long treatment for something you let go on and on....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 09:33 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes.... all jokes aside... seee the doc... I hate going to the doctor but I've learned from experience that a small visit I hate is better than a big and long treatment for something you let go on and on....

It's probably nothing, but, as you say, far better to put up with a little mental discomfort now, then run the risk of letting something bad go too far.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 09:42 am
Victor you should get that checked out. Pack a couple meals and go sit in the emergency room at Fr.Square for the day...hopefully you'll get seen before Christmas. :wink:
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 10:03 am
Looks a lot like the many spider or mosquito bites that I've scratched too much and got infected. Some rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide followed by a bandage so you can't continue to scratch at it will probably do the trick. If it doesn't change in appearance after 24 hours of doing that, see the doctor.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 10:40 am
happycat wrote:
Victor you should get that checked out. Pack a couple meals and go sit in the emergency room at Fr.Square for the day...hopefully you'll get seen before Christmas. :wink:

I know about that place! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

I bought some cortisone ointment if it does not help I'll go to the doctor after Christmas. I have to get a blood test at Franklin Square Hospital next week anyway for my cardiologist!
0 Replies