Military to Build $100 mi. Courthouse for Guantanamo Trials

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:19 pm
... & they're probably not quite human or civilized, either & deserve everything they get at Guantanamo, right?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:24 pm
msolga wrote:
... & they're probably not quite human or civilized, either & deserve everything they get at Guantanamo, right?

I'm sure they're human, civilized? I'm not so sure, they make women cover up entirely, they aren't allowed to an education, can't go out alone, aren't allowed to operate a motor vehicle, still cut off heads with a rusty knife, tough call, what do you think? Oh, & they blow up their own places of worship.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:37 pm
Right, right, I see .....! :wink:

And all Guantanamo detainees are just like this, right?

Obviously they deserve everything that they're copping, right?

How ridiculous to expect that they might receive the same treatment that any US or UK detainees have received! Obviously they must be much worse! Because they're still there & the others are out! Right?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:39 pm
msolga wrote:

How ridiculous to expect that they might receive the same treatment that any US or UK detainees have received! Obviously they must be much worse! Because they're still there & the others are out! Right?

You know they aren't?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:39 pm
So, does that work both ways? If US Coalition soldiers in Iraq were captured, tortured, transported to Iran and detained without trial for several years by Iranian insurgents, would that same justification hold true for them? The coalition doesn't represent any one country either. So would the rules of the Geneva Conventions provide no protection or authority to dictate treatment of coalition soldiers, including US soldiers?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:52 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
msolga wrote:

You know they aren't?

I know what I know, LSM. :wink:

But I'm far more interested in you explaining the good, solid reasons for your beliefs!

I have stated mine, many times, elsewhere on these threads! You are more than welcome to go look. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
[i wrote:
Butrflynet[/i]So, does that work both ways? If US Coalition soldiers in Iraq were captured, tortured, transported to Iran and detained without trial for several years by Iranian insurgents, would that same justification hold true for them? The coalition doesn't represent any one country either. So would the rules of the Geneva Conventions provide no protection or authority to dictate treatment of coalition soldiers, including US soldiers?

You make some excellent points there, Butrflynet.

Awaiting LSM's detailed response!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:57 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
So, does that work both ways? If US Coalition soldiers in Iraq were captured, tortured, transported to Iran and detained without trial for several years by Iranian insurgents, would that same justification hold true for them? The coalition doesn't represent any one country either. So would the rules of the Geneva Conventions provide no protection or authority to dictate treatment of coalition soldiers, including US soldiers?

What??? Our troops/civillians are disemboweled, quartered, & hung on bridges to rot, or drug through nasty dirty streets naked while the natives spit on them. Yeah, I'm real concerned about the insurgents. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:59 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

What??? Our troops/civillians are disemboweled, quartered, & hung on bridges to rot, or drug through nasty dirty streets naked while the natives spit on them. Yeah, I'm real concerned about the insurgents. Rolling Eyes

Come on, LSM. You can do better than that, surely? :wink:

What sort of response to Butrflynet was that?

Try again.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:02 pm
msolga wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

Come on, LSM. You can do better than that, surely? :wink:

What sort of response to Butrflynet was that?

Try again.

Well, if you insist...nuke 'em.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:09 pm
Nah, I'm not insisting, it's you whose suggesting that, LSM.

Very disappointing response, I must say: 2/10 score. (& I'm being kind!)

More thorough research is required in the future.

(Damn, I must get out of work mode! Too much report writing! :wink: )
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:11 pm
What do you do, m'solga (if I remember right, grade-school teacher)?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:13 pm
snood wrote:

No, snood, secondary schools. Students from aged from around 11 to 17-18.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:15 pm
msolga wrote:
Nah, I'm not insisting, it's you whose suggesting that, LSM.

Very disappointing response, I must say: 2/10 score. (& I'm being kind!)

More thorough research is required in the future.

(Damn, I must get out of work mode! Too much report writing! :wink: )

I gave an answer, you said you can do better than that, I did. You don't like my answer, I'm sorry, but you're just not worth a lie, so....nuke 'em.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:30 pm
msolga wrote:
snood wrote:

Geez. That can be challenging, I bet. Is it a pretty nice school (equipped, funded, located)?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:30 pm
Well I'm glad you like your own answer, LSM. That's the main thing, I guess.Very Happy

Hey, I'm not asking you to lie at all. I just would have liked some comprehensive, more detailed responses from you ... you know, more than comments about nappies on heads & disembowelled troops. Something a bit more substantial, I guess ....

I mean, I'd expect you'd have reasons for holding the views that you do. I'm genuinely interested in hearing about them. In much more detail.

But sadly, I must go soon. I have many things to do today, including making an offering for a pre-Christmas get-together tomorrow night.
You know how busy it gets at this time of year, LSM!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:34 pm
msolga wrote:
Well I'm glad you like your own answer, LSM. That's the main thing, I guess.Very Happy

Hey, I'm not asking you to lie at all. I just would have liked some comprehensive, more detailed responses from you ... you know, more than comments about nappies on heads & disembowelled troops. Something a bit more substantial, I guess ....

I mean, I'd expect you'd have reasons for holding the views that you do. I'm genuinely interested in hearing about them. In much more detail.

But sadly, I must go soon. I have many things to do today, including making an offering for a pre-Christmas get-together tomorrow night.
You know how busy it gets at this time of year, LSM!

If we can't be happy with ourself, who can we be happy with.
No, i know you didn't ask me to lie, I just said that i won't, so, again....
What again was it that you want to know? Cool
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:37 pm
snood wrote:
msolga wrote:
snood wrote:

Geez. That can be challenging, I bet. Is it a pretty nice school (equipped, funded, located)?

It is indeed challenging, snood.

And it was in a very "disadvantaged" (to use the jargon) setting.

But most of my teaching career has been in schools like that, by choice. The problem is, as times get tougher, these schools become even more challenging. I don't think I could cope for too long, working full-time, at schools like this now.

My contract there finished yesterday & I'm now looking (in not too much of a rush!) for my next job.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:40 pm
I tip my hat to you, ma'am. And wish you a very fulfilling holiday season.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:45 pm
Why thank you, my dear!

And may you & your loved ones have a wonderful holiday season, too! Very Happy

(But let's not divert Butrflynet's thread any longer. I'm feeling quilty.
Sorry, Butrflynet.)

Please continue now, folks ....
0 Replies