Inspector General:Berger Stole Documents

okie

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:19 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
okie wrote:
Walter, if you are implying leftists would listen to Talk Radio if it was available ...

I implyed anything but asked a question and quoted from wikipedia.

Fine, my apologies. I think the translation leads to misunderstanding at times, which is no criticism whatsoever. I complement you on the use of English and thank you for it. I translated your comment to echo what is often heard here as a complaint by liberals, Walter.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:25 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
Okie, you've got it all figured out, it seems: Leftists ignore talk radio, the only source of good info. But when the Democrats win in 2008, they will enact rules to limit talk radio.

Do you really believe this stuff or just make it up as you go along?

On another thread, blatham indicated his support of the resurrection of the "Fairness Doctrine," that would "limit" talk radio.

[url=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2370321#2370321]On another thread, blatham[/url] wrote:
More properly stated, I would reinstitute the Fairness Doctrine (thanks, george). The rationale, if it isn't obvious, is to promote maximal diversity of political opinion in the community. Therefore, a consequence would be Air America including roughly equal time for your viewpoint as well.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:29 pm
okie wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
okie wrote:
Walter, if you are implying leftists would listen to Talk Radio if it was available ...

I implyed anything but asked a question and quoted from wikipedia.

Fine, my apologies. I think the translation leads to misunderstanding at times, which is no criticism whatsoever. I complement you on the use of English and thank you for it. I translated your comment to echo what is often heard here as a complaint by liberals, Walter.

You might have noticed, okie, as I have, that Walter never implies anything. He just quotes, makes observations, and asks questions. The inferences and implications you perceive are only in your mind.

And he's quite good at it for not speaking the language natively.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:37 pm
I noticed that, Tico, but I am trying to be nice to Walter even though he may not deserve it all the time, just in case the translation isn't exact. And I want Germans to know how nice Americans are. Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:43 pm
Tico said
Y
Quote:
You might have noticed, okie, as I have, that Walter never implies anything. He just quotes, makes observations, and asks questions. The inferences and implications you perceive are only in your mind.

This is a bad thing?

Okie said
Quote:
I noticed that, Tico, but I am trying to be nice to Walter even though he may not deserve it all the time, just in case the translation isn't exact. And I want Germans to know how nice Americans are. Smile

This makes sense?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Tico said
Y
Quote:

This is a bad thing?

It's not inherently bad ... it's just milquetoast.

dyslexia wrote:
This makes sense?

Yes, it makes sense, dys.

Now go back to your nap.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:20 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

I'm much better in German, correct.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:29 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I'm much better in German, correct.

I would hope so.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:00 pm
okie wrote:
Walter, if you are implying leftists would listen to Talk Radio if it was available, I am curious if you have heard of the concept "Supply and Demand?"

For once, you actually have a point, Okie. Liberals such as myself aren't going to fall all over ouselves to listen to Rush Limbaugh try to pretend he's a doctor talking about how a person with Parkinson's disease is "faking it" or listen to Michael Savage tell a homosexual caller that he should go die of AIDS.

Yes, we would rather listen to music. Any music. Polka music. Digideroo tunes. Kazoo symphonies. Anything.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:51 pm
Nice answer, keltic. Savage is over the top. I don't listen to Savage. I wonder if he is a bit of a pretender to make people mad on purpose. Such is not an unheard of ploy.

As for Limbaugh on Parkinsons, I have known several people with that, a couple very personally, and I tend to think Limbaugh had a very legitimate point, although of course his point is twisted and demagogued. First of all, medications can control the tremors for a tv spot, and I think the man may have used the tremors on purpose. Plus this point, there are people that would not advocate the killing of an unborn child for the purpose of doing research to heal them, and I am not so sure that doing so qualifies him for hero status. And to imply that such research would in fact save his life and that other types of research has no potential is a huge assumption at this point.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:56 pm
okie wrote:
Nice answer, keltic. Savage is over the top. I don't listen to Savage. I wonder if he is a bit of a pretender to make people mad on purpose. Such is not an unheard of ploy.

As for Limbaugh on Parkinsons, I have known several people with that, a couple very personally, and I tend to think Limbaugh had a very legitimate point, although of course his point is twisted and demagogued. First of all, medications can control the tremors for a tv spot, and I think the man may have used the tremors on purpose. Plus this point, there are people that would not advocate the killing of an unborn child for the purpose of doing research to heal them, and I am not so sure that doing so qualifies him for hero status. And to imply that such research would in fact save his life and that other types of research has no potential is a huge assumption at this point.

Okie logic;
1 + 1 + 1 = green
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:58 pm
We don't need people with all kinds of maladies going on TV while we watch them suffer and claiming they would be healed if only somebody else is president to institute policies that would help them. Especially when that policy involves the unborn. How sick is that? I think that is pretty underhanded, and I think Limbaugh had a point.

Dys, if you would think beyond the surface of something, you might have a clue.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:08 pm
okie wrote:
We don't need people with all kinds of maladies going on TV while we watch them suffer and claiming they would be healed if only somebody else is president to institute policies that would help them. Especially when that policy involves the unborn. How sick is that? I think that is pretty underhanded, and I think Limbaugh had a point.

Dys, if you would think beyond the surface of something, you might have a clue.

Quite rightly Okie, Ihave been reading some of your posts year for a year now and only recently realized english must be your second language, If you could tell me what your first language is prehaps we could have more effective communication.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:29 pm
If you are talking about using a wrong verb or something from time to time, I plead guilty. We aren't writing reports here. Its a bit more like emails with a looser set of rules. And I don't bother with spell check most of the time. But surely you of all people are not going to want to grade anyone on how english is used? You are one of the worst, with your last post showing errors.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:42 pm
okie wrote:
If you are talking about using a wrong verb or something from time to time, I plead guilty. We aren't writing reports here. Its a bit more like emails with a looser set of rules. And I don't bother with spell check most of the time. But surely you of all people are not going to want to grade anyone on how english is used? You are one of the worst, with your last post showing errors.

Add to all that and the fact that you are ****less...
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:50 pm
okie wrote:

Don't fall for the english instructors crap, all he & a few others here can do is check their Norton Introduction to Literature & then correct others. Got to admit, that's easier for them than to actually debate the topic.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 11:04 pm
okie wrote:
As for Limbaugh on Parkinsons, I have known several people with that, a couple very personally, and I tend to think Limbaugh had a very legitimate point, although of course his point is twisted and demagogued. First of all, medications can control the tremors for a tv spot, and I think the man may have used the tremors on purpose.

This has already been covered on this forum, but I'll hit the high points. People with Parkinson's have difficulty moving or talking easily. That is their unmedicated or undermedicated state. When they take the medication, they can move and talk easily, but they run the risk of visible tremors, called dyskinesia.

Obviously, when you make a TV spot, you want to be able to talk effectively. Fox has admitted that when he made the spot, he might have been overmedicated, but since hitting the elusive happy medium is part of the whole experience, he let the spot go. As Fox has said, with doctors concurring, it is not really possible to both look good and sound good at the same time-chances are the amount of medication you take will tilt you toward one way or the other.

On the issue of his recurring role on Boston Legal, I am a fan of the show and have seen most of the episodes with Fox on them. He plays a wealthy man who is dying of lung cancer. In these scenes, Fox has no tremors at all, but then he moves with difficulty and speaks haltingly and with effort. This fits the role he is playing, and obviously Fox is undermedicated on these episodes. So those who would want to use Fox's appearances on the show to prove he was "faking it" are out of luck-rather the Boston Legal appearances prove that Fox cannot be without tremors and speak and move fluidly at the same time.

Finally, there is the issue that Limbaugh is NOT the man to make observations about anyone in public faking anything. He was the one who was hanging out in Denny's parking lots to obtain huge amounts of painkillers. He was the one who most likely went deaf as a result of those painkillers, yet he still accepted all the sympathy from his loving fans for it. He was the one who pleaded out to doctor shopping for these drugs. If there is any public figure who has earned the right to shut up when the subject is pills, medications, prescriptions or diagnoses, it is Rush Limbaugh.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:09 pm
It might have been already posted, but here's the link to the 121 page report on the Berger investigation (redacted to remove classified and other exempt information).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 01:00 pm
From Walter's link:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8359/bergerqu2.gif
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:12 pm
& thus the truth was witheld from the 911 commission.
0 Replies