Your Favorite Hannah-Barbera Cartoon

Pantalones

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 09:11 pm
I do prefer Donald and Daffy. Mostly because they talk funny.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 09:51 pm
Thanks dj, for the info on Mr. Magoo.

Miss Letty, do you remember when Mr. Magoo was sitting
in front of the washing machine thinking it was the TV. Actually, TV
sometimes feels that way, monotonous spinning.

We also prefer Donald Duck and his litte 3 nephews we called
Tick, Trick and Track. And let's not forget Gyro Gearloose or "Daniel
Duesentrieb" as we know him. Ciro Peraloca in Spanish.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 09:59 pm
This is getting into a happy mix: sing-along, poll, memories, "other languages"...

The three nephews are Hugo, Paco y Luis, in Latin America, but Juanito, Jaimito y Jorgito, in Spain.
Ungle Scrooge has a great name in Latin America: Rico McPato, but is Tío Gilito in Spain (it sounds so stupid!).
Gyro Gearlose (Ciro Peraloca) is Archimede in Italy. But that's an exception. Italians give terrible names to Disney characters: Mickey is Topolino (Little Mouse), Donald is Paperino (Little Duck) and Scrooge is Paperone (Big Duck). Boring.,
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 10:46 pm
One of my favorite episodes of The Flintstones {Rolls Rock Caper} had a character named "Aaron Boulder"...a high profile cop, with a Cary Grant style voice.

TV.com says this...

This episode is a parody of a now-forgotten 1960s cop show called Burke's Law, about a millionaire cop named Amos Burke. The TV show on the Flintstones is called Boulder's Rules, and the cop is named Aaron Boulder.

I don't believe I've ever seen the actual program, but I liked the parody none the less....I often imitated the character, and his catchphrase, "Boulder's Rule" followed by a rule made up on the spot, to get out of doing something.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 05:31 am
Ah, the mix has turned into a delightful potpourri.

My word, C.J. I do recall that nearsighted Magoo in front of the washing machine. You're right about the dullness of TV. I wanted to watch "Supernatural" last evening, and what was on? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and guess who made a cartoon appearance. Burl Ives singing "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas." Rolling Eyes

Actually, fbaezer, I know everyone of those cartoons except Top Cat, and no wonder. Joe said that it came on late in the evening

Another funny one that I always got a kick out of was Wiley Coyote and the Road Runner.

To beep or not to beep.

Surprised at the background on this cartoon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wile_E._Coyote_and_Road_Runner
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 11:07 am
I didn't see any shoutouts for Blue Falcon and Dog Wonder in this thread. Highly underrated because the narrator's voice was fantastic.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 11:52 am
2PacksAday wrote:
One of my favorite episodes of The Flintstones {Rolls Rock Caper} had a character named "Aaron Boulder"...a high profile cop, with a Cary Grant style voice.

TV.com says this...

This episode is a parody of a now-forgotten 1960s cop show called Burke's Law, about a millionaire cop named Amos Burke. The TV show on the Flintstones is called Boulder's Rules, and the cop is named Aaron Boulder.

I don't believe I've ever seen the actual program, but I liked the parody none the less....I often imitated the character, and his catchphrase, "Boulder's Rule" followed by a rule made up on the spot, to get out of doing something.

Remember Ann Margrock? Very Happy
That's what tickled me about the Flintstones, how they would take a famous person and change their name to convey the prehistoric times. As a kid, I thought that was just so clever!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 11:55 am
Ann Margrock was HOT! If she sand to me the way she sang to Pebbles I would have ravaged her.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 11:58 am
kermit wrote:
I didn't see any shoutouts for Blue Falcon and Dog Wonder in this thread. Highly underrated because the narrator's voice was fantastic.

I'd nearly forgotten that cartoon! Dynomutt was one of my favorites growing up. I don't remember the narrator, though.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 07:11 pm
From The National Post, Thursday, December 21, 2006:

Sitcom creator revelled in absurdity, bad puns

Chris Hayward, an Emmy-winning writer for television whose work was once banned in Canada because of the painful inadequacies of one of its leading men -- the righteous, square-jawed and stupendously slow-witted Mountie Dudley Do-Right -- died on Nov. 20 at his home in Beverly Hills, Calif. Hayward, who was also a creator of The Munsters, was 81. ...

Hayward ... was most closely associated with The Adventures of Dudley Do-Right, which followed the hapless Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer in his ceaseless pursuit of Snidely Whiplash, a very naughty man.

Because the Dudley Do-Right segments were deemed harmful to the national esteem, the Rocky and Bullwinkle shows were initially not broadcast in Canada.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One advantage of growing up in a border town was the easy access to American TV stations and banned cartoons! I had no idea my fellow Canadians were so thin-skinned.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 08:36 pm
Now, "Rocky & Bullwinkle"--that was genius!

"Now for something we think you'll really like..."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 10:18 pm
I can recall so much of it going right over my head as a little kid. But getting the jokes later on when I got older. Rocky & Bullwinkle was not really for kids, I don't think.
0 Replies