RELIEVING STRESS - THE CHINESE WAY - A FOOT WASH !

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 09:11 pm
if you've done too much christmas shopping in china and are stressed , here is the remedy you need ... A FOOTWASH !
(from the BBC):
"What is your antidote to a frantic day's Christmas shopping? In China, one of the de-stressing options available to rich and poor alike is to go for a foot wash.

Foot-washing is one of the most popular leisure activities in China
The young man sits at my feet, gazing up at me occasionally with almond eyes.

"How is this?" he asks me. "Is it comfortable? Too heavy? Too light?"

He massages ointments into my feet, rubs them and strokes them, easing away every tension. "

so go ahead and shop to your heart's content ... and go for a footwash to get you back on your feet again !
hbg

A STRESS RELIEVING FOOTWASH
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 644 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:12 am
Yes indeed. A soothing foot wash is very relaxing. In my early 20's (back in the 70's) I participated in one of those Est-like seminars. At the end of three days, we were treated to such a foot wash.

Entering into a darkened room, lit only by dozens of volitive candles, we were blindfolded, and led to plush seating, shoes removed and our feet placed in warm, lightly citrus scented water. After awhile, our feet were gently scrubbed and massaged. Both cloth and soft brushes were used, as well as bare hands. All the while, in the background was Erik Satie's Tres gymnopédies softly playing. Feet were eventually patted dry with luxurious towels and dusted with talcum powder.

I've never forgotten that experience. It wasn't sexual, but was very sensual and soothing. Each time I hear Erik Satie's music, I can close my eyes and relive the experience.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:37 am
A good pedicure with foot massage will do the same.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:03 pm
hear what the experts have to say :

"... very sensual and soothing..."

"A good pedicure with foot massage will do the same."

Laughing
hbg
0 Replies