Ugh....Kill Me Now....

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:02 am
Great!

I know, I know, I hate barfing too. Can't stand it. About 95% of the times I've ever barfed in my entire life were when I was pregnant.

Don't force yourself to! More like don't resist with all of your might. Eat good food and if it makes you barf, if makes you barf. Don't shy away from everything that might make you barf.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:09 am
12 minutes and counting.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:31 am
That's good news that you are keeping food down. It sounded as if you were half starved and not able to eat a thing without it coming back up.

Here are some Dos and Dont's from the Surviving Morning Sickness article on that earlier website.

Helpful Do's and Don'ts:

Do:

Eat small meals often
Drink fluids 1/2 hour before or after a meal, but not with meals
Drink small amounts of fluids during the day to avoid dehydration
Eat soda crackers 15 minutes before getting up in the morning
Eat whatever you feel like eating, whenever you feel you can
Ask someone else to cook for you and open the windows or turn on fans if the odor bothers you
Get plenty of rest and nap during the day
Avoid warm places (feeling hot adds to nausea)
Sniff lemons or ginger, drink lemonade, or eat watermelon to relieve nausea
Eat salty potato chips (they have been found to settle stomachs enough to eat a meal)

Exercise

Don'ts:

Do not lie down after eating
Do not skip meals
Do not cook or eat spicy food
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:38 am
Thanks Butrflynet but honestly, nothing helps. I've tried all those things listed, minus the sniffing lemons thing, and nothing really helps. Actually, drinking water all day constantly seems to help more than anything else. Weird.

I have a minor belly ache right no, slowing building back up to the big icky feeling so I got maybe 20 minutes of no sickness...20 minutes of reprieve....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 11:41 am
I don't have any words of wisdom, Bella. Just letting you know that I'm reading along wishing there was something I could do to help.

This has absolutely nothing to do with nausea, but when I was pregnant the thing that made me feel best was a scalp massage. Mr B would massage my head, neck, and shoulders and I would be able to sleep peacefully.

Best wishes, Bella. This too shall pass....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 12:50 pm
Well, spoke with my dr and he said it was ok to take Emetrol if I need it. I am reserving it for when I just can't take it any more and need some relief. It's expensive stuff and more importantly, I don't want to needlessly take things I don't need to take.

I'll let you know how it goes. I am toughing it out for a bit longer this afternoon as it hasn't progressed to really nauseous yet...only slightly nauseous.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 01:41 pm
My as-usual non-medical advice (I just get antsy about advising on this stuff) is to ignore nausea and eat good food and if that makes you need to barf, just go ahead and barf before you go with the nausea suppressant. I really think you'll feel better if you just plain barf, and nausea suppressants (which I assume is what the Emetrol is) have a bad history when it comes to pregnancy.

I think I went through this same phase actually (a whole lot of pregnancy + babyhood has faded, there's a term for this and everything, very common), where I felt like crap but would not not not barf. When I finally just did it got a lot easier. I mean, I barfed occasionally and that wasn't fun, but I felt much more human in the intervals.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 02:46 pm
Well, I broke down and tried the Emetrol. And guess what? It didn't work. Made me feel worse actually. Yes soz, I know...you can say it....you told me so. :wink:

But it's just so frustrating that it didn't help at all. Just like every thing else.

I am destined to be miserable. That's all there is to it.

The only things I haven't tried are ginger (don't like it but willing to try now) and sniffing lemons. So I will be making a stop at the grocery store on the way home tonight. Will let you all know. Still looking for the cure.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 03:11 pm
Have you tried ginger ale or ginger beer?

Does anything salty tempt you?

Have you tried any of the inexpensive pressure-point bracelets that work against seasickness/nausea for some people?

Sipping fluids on a regular basis helps some women.

~~~~~

Good luck with this, Bella.

The upside is that each and every pregnancy is wonderfully individual to the mother and baby. The downside - you never know what will work for your marvellously individual pregnancy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 03:19 pm
Going to get ginger ale (yuck) after work as well as the lemons.

Haven't tried the bracelets. Those might be next.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 03:51 pm
Sniffing (not consuming) peppermint oil can help. You have to take note of any ginger type drinks to make sure they really have ginger in them. Most sodas are just high fructose corn syrup with flavoring. You might want to try sipping iced ginger tea. You can probably find a lemon and ginger tea combo in any health food store or decent market. At least this is just a stage doesn't last the full 9 months.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 04:01 pm
Green Witch wrote:
At least this is just a stage doesn't last the full 9 months.

Let's hope!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 04:04 pm
Definitely crossing my fingers for you on the 'stage' thing, Bella.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 04:37 pm
Small meal can mean teeny snacks. Like one half of one yummy saltine at a time. Let the starch dissolve in your mouth. Chew your food thoroughly--count if you have to.

Try walking briskly--in place, if necessary--before your teeny snacks.

Ginger snaps. Nibble, don't bite.

Crystalized ginger.

Silver lining:

You could be a celebrity trying to dodge cameras while you're feeling totally and absolutely miserable. You could also be an unmarried mother worried about her date for the prom.

How is Zoe coping with having a poor, sick mommie?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 04:48 pm
Sorry you feel so crook bella.

Camomile tea helped my wife a little, and gentle hugs while lying on the bed.

For the future camomile tea also helped with colic. a cup for mum and a teaspoon for the baby.

Yeah I know, bugger off! you're a man!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 06:36 am
Zoe won't leave me alone! The poor thing just wants to play and have some attention, I feel terrible neglecting her like that...but she just curls up at my feet and lays there with me.

I tried some ginger ale last night and it appeared to be somewhat helpful. Sniffing lemons didn't do anything except attract my dog (apparently she loves lemons).

I did find something I can eat that calms my stomach: egg whites.

My husband was like "what is that smell?" (the glorious smell of egg whites, aka, farts) I laughed and told him to get used to it...if I could eat them, they were around for a while.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 07:39 am
Egg white = protein = excellent! Just make sure they're cooked through. Am glad you found something to make you feel better, Bella Dea.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 07:48 am
I zap them in the microwave so I think they are done. Laughing They get a little rubbery but it is SO much easier and quicker to make that way.

I am feeling quite well this morning.

Bean is giving me a break. Right now, this is what Bean looks like: (I think I might be carrying an alien....)

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/maryb683/marybrown/graphics/7week.gif

Quote:
the end of the seventh week of pregnancy, the fetus has a vertebral column, a bony jaw and clavicle, a primitive cranium, ribs, femur, tibia, palate, upper jaw, developing nervous system, a closed circulatory system with a working heart, developing eyes,ears, and nose, lungs, arms, legs, hands, feet, a pancreas, a bladder, kidneys, a tongue, a larynx, a thyroid body, germs of teeth, and the beginnings of muscles.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:00 am
Tiny feet ... and tiny bites and steps for you.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 02:11 pm
Bella--

You might also try nibbling on Metamusil wafers. They aren't terribly tasty, but you don't need the complications of constipation on top of everything else.
0 Replies