Ugh....Kill Me Now....

Piffka

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:15 am
Definitely... let it out! Do not hold back, you'll only feel worse.

When I was preggers, oh so many years ago, I'd learned to plan on a good puking session right after I woke up. Allow yourself to puke in the shower if it helps... you're not going to get anything but liquid anyway and then you can rinse out your mouth with hot water.

Afterwards, a single saltine cracker taken in about eight bites seemed to sit easily in my stomach, sometimes with very, very weak tea. Then I'd drive for 55 miles to work because, I guess, I was a masochist. Occasionally I'd have to pull over, but mostly not. Usuallly I could eat yogurt when I'd get to work... but only with oranges. For me, everyone at work was so kind and amused by my pregnancy that nobody cared if I needed a little more puking time in the john.

Congrats on your pregnancy... let's see this means you'll be big 'til (God help you) August. You didn't plan it that way, did you??? At least you'll probably get a Leo baby out of this. That's good. It'll have lovely hair.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:31 am
Just remembered! Ginger candy -- you can find it at health food stores and oriental grocery stores (where it's cheaper). You don't want to drink too much ginger ale because all that liquid sloshing around defeats the purpose Very Happy

Whatever you do, don't not eat (even if you know you'll lose it later). I tried that once and fainted...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:40 am
One of the reasons I might feel sick is because i am also tired. I can't sleep well at night. And when I get to sleeping well, I wake up to pee. Or Zoe kicks me in the eye. Or hubby gets home.

I also might be a little weak because I haven't had any protien in a few days. No meat at all. I was considering a big ol cheeseburger for lunch. Isn't that weird? I want to throw up and still I crave a cheeseburger???
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:41 am
Oh and thanks for the support and the ideas....

soz, i am going to read that over later...time is short right now.

Thanks again!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:50 am
Bella Dea- Yeah- There is nothing worse than being on the verge of puking. I used to puke, simply as a matter of course. Once it was over with, I always felt much better.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:52 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Hmmm......I found this, that might be useful to you. I hadn't even thought about the Emetrol. That might just work![/color][/b]

Is that safe then? Totally ok to take?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:57 am
T craved vitamin C. (I kept making her pineapple-based smoothies.)

And okra.

Lotsa good nutrition in okra. How does gumbo sound? I have an excellent stewed okra recipe, if you'd like it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:02 am
http://www.drugs.com/cdi/emetrol_solution.html

According to this article, you need to check with your doc before taking the stuff.

Quote:
Before using Emetrol Solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Emetrol Solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:

if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
if you have diabetes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:11 am
Part of Profet's point (say that 10 times fast) is to listen to what your body is telling you rather than suppressing it. I'd suggest trying to adjust your diet and environment first.

I know from ample sick-sozlet experience that tiredness is definitely a contributing factor to nausea, too, you're probably right about that. Take the extra steps necessary to make sure you get enough sleep. Hubby sleeps on the couch, whatever.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:45 am
Focus on Valentine's Day. On Valentine's Day you are going to have a lovely, romantic dinner without nausea.

Meanwhile:

The microwave is your best friend. Hot food is frequently more delightful than cold food.

Look for foods with a high glycemic index--quickly digested foods. A dry baked potato (skinless) is bland but safe.

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/articles/glycemic-index/

You are obviously carrying a baby of strong opinions and a well-honed survival instinct.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 12:57 pm
I love your outlook on things Noddy. Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:45 pm
Bella--

Thanks for the kind words.

One fact of pregnancy that eludes most men is that you are spending nine months sharing your very familiar skin with another personality.

There were times during my pregnancies when I wished that the mother/baby bonding process had a few hours of intermission every week.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:00 am
This past weekend was one of the worst two days of my life.

I was sick all weekend. I felt like complete crap. I left the house twice: once because I had no choice and had to pick up Zoe's dog food and the other because hubby made me get up and go get something to eat. Which made me sick, of course. But not eating makes me even more sick so I guess it's forcing things down now to avoid real issues.

Ugh.

I tell you what. This sucks. Big time.

And I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I feel rotten today. I tried three different things for breakfast this morning, all which made my stomach do a near heave-ho. The only thing that doesn't make me feel ick is water. And I can't live on that.

Seriously, please shoot me. I wish I could just sleep this whole part of the pregnancy away.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:23 am
Ooof, sorry about that Bella.

Have you gone ahead and barfed and it's still that bad?

Is your husband going all-out? I think we said something at the time that it was good preparation for being parents. The only way I could really function is if E.G. really helped me out. (Cleaned, brought me food, paid attention to what kind of food, etc.)

You should NOT have anything to do with dog food, for example, period.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:35 am
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/hyperemesisgravidarum.html

Bella, check your condition against the info in this article and then call your doctor if it sounds like what you're experiencing.

You might want to keep this site handy. It has a lot of good info on it.

This is another one with ways to deal with morning sickness.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/morningsickness.html
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:37 am
I agree that if you're keeping absolutely nothing down/ unable to eat at all (I'm still not clear if you're barfing everything up or just so nauseous that you don't want to eat in the first place) you should talk to your doctor.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:45 am
No, no barfing, which is why I am sort of stuck. My doctor won't prescribe me anything unless I am puking uncontrollably. And I am keeping things down, it's just that nothing allows me to feel not sick. I really don't want to eat anything at all. I do because I know I won't feel worse if I do and that I have to eat.

I just feel wrung out and nauseated all the time. Saltines help just about as much as say a wheat thin, which is some but not much.

Hubby has been helping out a lot. But it doesn't make me feel better. Laughing

Maybe I am just being a baby about this. I just don't know.

I keep trying to convince myself that this is good, means that the baby is growing and what not but I hate being pregnant. I can't even enjoy it at all. Sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:51 am
That's more encouraging, then. This part just plain sucks! Then it gets better. I had morning sickness just as bad (though I barfed a lot more than you are, evidently) and the second trimester was wonderful. The third trimester was fine until I got REALLY big.

Pregnancy isn't all fun, for sure, but there's great stuff at the end of it.

My non-medical advice, check with your doctor first et al, is if you gotta barf, just BARF already. If you're not doing it all the time, just occasionally, I think it's not dangerous and will really alleviate constantly feeling sick and will give you a window in which you can eat better, for a sum gain from where you are now.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:53 am
I hate puking. I could make myself do it just by pressing on my throat but I hate doing it. However, I think your suggestion might warrent a shot...I am willing to do anything to feel better, even if it's for a brief time.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:00 am
I just wanted to let you all know that for the moment I feel like a human being....I hope this lasts for just a little bit.....

Yeah! Very Happy
0 Replies