Woman Spits in Soldier's Face

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 04:52 pm
And I bet she isnt the only person on the left that wants to.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/185654.php

Quote:
Syracuse radio station WFBL reports that Lauren Maggi, 35, of Thurber Street was charged with harassment for spitting in a soldier's face at Hancock Airport.

The incident happened over the Thanksgiving holiday. Maggi approached a soldier from the 10th Mountain Division, who apparently was not in uniform, and asked if he was a soldier. When he said yes, Maggi allegedly spit in his face.

Is this how the left truly supports the soldiers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,873 • Replies: 66
No top replies

old europe

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:01 pm
Re: Woman Spits in Soldier's Face
Spitting in someone else's face merely because he is perceived as "on the other side" of an issue one does not agree with is really quite pathetic.

Apart from that: why do you think that Lauren Maggi, 35, of Thurber Street represents the left?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:05 pm
because he's as one sided and narrow minded as he accuses the left of being?.... that was a rhetorical question right? Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:09 pm
mysteryman feels warm and fuzzy by lumping everyone. Its easy to live in his world if there is an "us" and "them".
Perhaps Ms Maggi is a frustrated individual who assumes that everyone thinks like the President. So, like the right, she too is guilty of " pernicious lumpery"
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:12 pm
The woman should go to jail & not just because she spit in a soldiers face, but anybodys face.
As for her being on the left, waaal, it is reminicent of a time gone by when lefties did spit on returning GIs on a regular basis. One leftie even threw someones elses military medals across a fence, disgusting.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:14 pm
and that idiotic observation gets you what again?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:14 pm
Go to jail? I think a haymaker to the face would be much better punishment.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:18 pm
Mysteryman's source (a blog of a disgruntled righty, I suppose) does not even identify her as a lefty.

The blogger merely states "Someone tell me again about how the Left supports the troops, but not their mission."

Alas, none of the links in the blog entry produce even a source for the story. Maybe it's entirely made-up. But I'm a nice person, and want to give mysteryman the chance to explain himself, so I'll ask him again: why do you think that Lauren Maggi, 35, of Thurber Street represents the left?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:23 pm
James Thurber was a liberal.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:25 pm
She represents the left the same way as the "God hates fags" idiots protesting at military funerals represents the right.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:28 pm
Re: Woman Spits in Soldier's Face
Quote:
Syracuse radio station WFBL reports that Lauren Maggi, 35, of Thurber Street was charged with harassment for spitting in a soldier's face at Hancock Airport.

The incident happened over the Thanksgiving holiday. Maggi approached a soldier from the 10th Mountain Division, who apparently was not in uniform, and asked if he was a soldier. When he said yes, Maggi allegedly spit in his face.

Perhaps that was her version of "The Gift of the Maggi."
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:30 pm
farmerman wrote:
and that idiotic observation gets you what again?

Put a name to your post of whom you're posting that question to & you might get an answer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:31 pm
Original blurb in the Syracuse Post-Standard

McG might know if anything is known locally about the woman.

As the article MM links notes, she was charged with endangerment of a minor earlier this year. Nothing political noted there.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:32 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Go to jail? I think a haymaker to the face would be much better punishment.

That would be just punishment but the person that would hit her would be charged with assault, as she should be.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:33 pm
Any dumb ass that accuses the left of hating the soldiers and spitting on them is too stupid to have discourse with. One or two wayard souls do not a movement make.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:34 pm
So far, I'd go with blatham's explanation.

<nods>
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:39 pm
old europe wrote:
Mysteryman's source (a blog of a disgruntled righty, I suppose) does not even identify her as a lefty.

The blogger merely states "Someone tell me again about how the Left supports the troops, but not their mission."

Alas, none of the links in the blog entry produce even a source for the story. Maybe it's entirely made-up. But I'm a nice person, and want to give mysteryman the chance to explain himself, so I'll ask him again: why do you think that Lauren Maggi, 35, of Thurber Street represents the left?

Because the anti-war left has a history of spitting in the face of returning soldiers.

As for there not being a link,thats wrong.
There is a link to Syracuse.com,where I went and double checked to see if there actually was a story.

Go to this page...

http://www.syracuseonline.com/live/storyindex.ssf?/news/updates/index.ssf?/mtlogs/syr_poststandard/archives/2006_01.html

and scroll down to Friday Dec 8
It will be the 23rd or 24th story down the list.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:50 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Because the anti-war left has a history of spitting in the face of returning soldiers.

A little thought experiment:

I have an apple. The apple is green. The apple is also a fruit. Therefore, every green fruit must be an apple.

Where is my mistake?

mysteryman wrote:
There is a link to Syracuse.com,where I went and double checked to see if there actually was a story.

Right. I found it, too. And where exactly does it say that Maggi is a lefty?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 05:53 pm
old europe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

A little thought experiment:

I have an apple. The apple is green. The apple is also a fruit. Therefore, every green fruit must be an apple.

Where is my mistake?

mysteryman wrote:

Right. I found it, too. And where exactly does it say that Maggi is a lefty?

Please show me where I ever claimed that the article said she was a lefty.
I said she was.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 06:00 pm
And there was recently an arch-Conservative cavorting with the enemy in Iran. What's the point?
0 Replies