You've Got to Be Kidding....

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:52 am
sozobe wrote:
A selection of Motherhood Maternity tees, way cheaper than $45.

And absolutely second Green Witch's advice to start with a financial cushion if you haven't already.

I'll be headin' to Motherhood. Those are reasonable prices.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:07 am
Cool, glad that was helpful. They're not the coolest clothes around, but they're adequate and fit and are reasonably priced.

I was wrong about Pea in the Pod at Target, it's Liz Lange at Target:

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&node=3043411

Also postdates my pregnancy so can't vouch for it personally.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:13 am
Try ordering online with JC Penney much more reasonable prices.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:19 am
I just typed in "maternity dress" into ebay and got over 2,000 items. You could easily narrow it down by size. Many items are under $20. You can tell many newbie mom's go to the GAP, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Target.

Maternity Dresses on Ebay
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:10 pm
I tend to shy away from ordering clothes on line because i have a weird body and any time I order something, it comes and it doesn't fit.

But thanks!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:12 pm
Bella, I think what you meant to say is that your body type is "unique" (as are we all!) Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:14 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
Bella, I think what you meant to say is that your body type is "unique" (as are we all!) Laughing

Sure...
I just can't stand it...NOTHING fits. Dresses are always too long in the body or the straps fall down. Pants are either too big in the waist if they fit in the butt or too tight in the butt if they fit in the waist. Shirt sleeves are either too long if I get it to fit everywhere else or the shirt itself fits and the sleeves are too short.

I hate clothes shopping. **sigh**
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:18 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
[I hate clothes shopping. **sigh**

Me too. I'm 5 foot tall and well-upholstered. You can imagine how much fun that is... (Oh, and I hate sewing/hemming...)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:01 pm
For my maternity clothes , all i did was buy 2x shirts and spandex style walking pants.

Since you only really need them for about 3 months ( after 6 months you start to get big.. not really before then) you dont need to buy fancy stuff..

besides, it hurts to walk, bend over, and do much else so the last thing you are going to worry about is being well dressed unless the occassion calls for it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:06 pm
I have to be at work so spandexy pants won't cut it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 04:05 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I have to be at work so spandexy pants won't cut it.

ah c'mon, you don't want to flash a little camel toe?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 04:25 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Tai Chi wrote:

Sure...
I just can't stand it...NOTHING fits. Dresses are always too long in the body or the straps fall down. Pants are either too big in the waist if they fit in the butt or too tight in the butt if they fit in the waist. Shirt sleeves are either too long if I get it to fit everywhere else or the shirt itself fits and the sleeves are too short.

I hate clothes shopping. **sigh**

And maternity clothes are 100 times worse in fit!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:59 am
I will say this on behalf of Slappy: just walk around nekkid.

Okay, seriously, maybe a blousy top or 2 over spandexy-type pants? You might be able to get away with that at work. Just think, you could be practicing law and have to wear a freakin' suit to court every day, regardless of the baby's actual plans (had a friend who was stuck like that).
0 Replies