bush/Blair Conference

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 01:28 pm
"Extremist from Outside Iraq....

The Broader Middle East....

We will prevail....

Let me translate... I'm a war mongerer and I don't give a rat's ass who says what I'm going to keep us in Iraq because it's part of my broader plan to keep us at war in the entire middle east indefinitely.

This dog and pony show with Baker is just plain bullshit window dressing. Meaningless. I wonder how much in taxpayer dollars bush was able to transfer from our pockets to Bakers in order to put on this little show?

Have all the fun you can folks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,159 • Replies: 38
No top replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 02:58 pm
Leon Panetta, Clintons Chief of Staff & a member of the Iraq Report group, said that to leave Ieaq now, or cut & run would be disasterous. I have no idea what might happen if we should do as John Murtha said, but since Mr Panetta was just in Iraq, spent considerable time on this report & going over several aspects & plans, I think I'll take Mr panettas word over John ABSCAM Murthas word.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:06 pm
way to attach cut and run so everyone will know that you're a real patriotic American.

And way to insert ABSCAM so everyone will know you disapprove of Murtha. We didn't know that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:10 pm
Well, to be fair Bear, many of you lefties are a little slow on the uptake.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:11 pm
not as slow as righties who continue to kiss the ass of a president who has led us to the sad state we now occupy.......IMO....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:12 pm
You sure sound like a sourpuss lately, McWhitey. Should i remind you of your remark in another thread about the spirit of the season? Or did you just turn Buddhist again, and now choose to ignore your own horsie poop?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:31 pm
Setanta wrote:
You sure sound like a sourpuss lately, McWhitey. Should i remind you of your remark in another thread about the spirit of the season? Or did you just turn Buddhist again, and now choose to ignore your own horsie poop?

*sniff-sniff*

The only horse-shyte around here is being shoveled by you Setanta. As always.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:34 pm
how very bush-santa of you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:35 pm
Indeed. A jolly-fine elf am I.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:37 pm
Chuck Robb, a former Democrat Senator from Va said much the same thing that Panetta said, he too was on that Iraq Report.
This is a sticky wickett that won't be an easy feat to do, we stay in Iraq or we leave, either way this president will be called a "war mongerer" or as bad, "John Murtha". I believe he should listen to his generals in the field. Not armchair generals watching the news or sittin behind a keyboard. Whatever it is he does, I hope & pray for the best for our military.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:40 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Well, to be fair Bear, many of you lefties are a little slow on the uptake.

I don't know that it's so much slow as it is a mind set....if this president does it, it's the devil incarnates work, however, if, well, you know. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:43 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:

*sniff-sniff*

Talk about slow on the uptake--allow me to remind you both that you can't do anything to piss me off, and allow me to remind you of the pot/kettle conundrum.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:50 pm
So, just to get this straight, are McG and LSM suggesting that things in Iraq have been going well, that the civil war had been anticipated and a plan is in place to combat it, and that a successful democracy has been established there....and that anything less than Bush's original "war plan" (if we can call it that) constitutes "cut and run"?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:53 pm
Thing is Set., This thread wasn't about you. No one mentioned you and no one thought about you, yet here we are, once again, having this same discussion we have had in dozens of other threads.

You come in here, shoot your mouth off and then act all coy about the reactions. How about you take a week off from the personal comments and insults and innuendo and just participate in the threads that interest you instead of leaving your droppings in every thread a conservative may post in?

I've seen your informative posts and I've seen your petty, insidious posts and I can really do without the later while relishing the prior. Not every comment needs your personal attention.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:59 pm
candidone1 wrote:
So, just to get this straight, are McG and LSM suggesting that things in Iraq have been going well, that the civil war had been anticipated and a plan is in place to combat it, and that a successful democracy has been established there....and that anything less than Bush's original "war plan" (if we can call it that) constitutes "cut and run"?

I can only speak for myself, & no, i do not think it's going well, nor do I believe that anyone has said of late that it is.
So far mostly, if not just, the left have said that there's a civil war, which, BTW, a cicvil war is between different people in the same state/country, everybody knows that the insurgents/terrorists are the ones causing most of the trouble in Iraq.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:59 pm
What is really interesting, is that you just can't help responding to it, even though you know you shouldn't. Because you just can't stand it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:03 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
candidone1 wrote:

I can only speak for myself, & no, i do not think it's going well, nor do I believe that anyone has said of late that it is.
So far mostly, if not just, the left have said that there's a civil war, which, BTW, a cicvil war is between different people in the same state/country, everybody knows that the insurgents/terrorists are the ones causing most of the trouble in Iraq.

The insurgents and terrorists are Iraqis too, madam.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:04 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I hope & pray for the best

I think this nicely sums up the US strategy in Iraq.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:07 pm
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:

*sniff-sniff*

Talk about slow on the uptake--allow me to remind you both that you can't do anything to piss me off, and allow me to remind you of the pot/kettle conundrum.

Who? Moi? I'm not trying to pi$$ you off, just answering in kind & I'm certinly not pi$$ed off.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:08 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:

*sniff-sniff*

Who? Moi? I'm not trying to pi$$ you off, just answering in kind & I'm certinly not pi$$ed off.

You hittin' the sauce again? I responded to McG--which is why i quoted him in my response.

Try to keep up, and pay attention, 'K?
0 Replies