Futher roll-backs on the Bushevik Stupidity Front

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 07:08 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
But blaming Bush is based on its own merits.

So is blaming Clinton. And as I said, more blame lies with him. ... If you insist on a pissing contest about blame.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:44 pm
If you want a pissing contest, you'll be pissing all by yourself.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 10:11 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I didn't mean to lead us into a discussion about drug laws. My point is just because complete success may be futile, it doesn't follow that the effort shouldn't be made. Society will probably never be able to prevent bank robberies, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws proscribing such behavior.

Sure. But by extension, realizing that complete success is futile - such as in the case of trying to restrict nuclear technology from countries who have time and money to get it - should soften your attitude as to whose 'watch' certain actions occured under.

Unless you are advocating the military overthrow of NK - something which would undoubtedly have much larger consequences - then it was only a matter of time until this happened.

Israel's strike against Iraq's nuclear facilities was successful, wouldn't you agree?
So you are saying we no have to worry about Iraq building nukes? It seems the Iraqi bombing was about as successful as Clinton's deal with North Korea.
Quote:

Quote:
Blaming either Bush or Clinton is futile, as there isn't anything short of armed invasion that would have stopped it.

Cycloptichorn

Let me clarify my position re pointing blame on this issue. While I am critical of Clinton for not having tried a military strike back in 1993, I fully understand that is with the benefit of hindsight. I do not blame him (or Carter) for attempting a diplomatic solution. I submit we must learn from our mistake. I agree with you that it is rather silly to blame either one. My response here, though, is in reply to posts blaming Bush.
Your statement was..
Quote:
Clinton was more responsible for North Korea developing nuclear weapons, and only a dumbass would argue otherwise.
Rather silly of you there Tico, wouldn't you agree? Not only did you claim one was more responsible you called anyone that didn't agree with that position a "dumbass". Are you a dumbass now? Or were you one when you made the statement earlier?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 10:18 pm
parados wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I didn't mean to lead us into a discussion about drug laws. My point is just because complete success may be futile, it doesn't follow that the effort shouldn't be made. Society will probably never be able to prevent bank robberies, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws proscribing such behavior.

Sure. But by extension, realizing that complete success is futile - such as in the case of trying to restrict nuclear technology from countries who have time and money to get it - should soften your attitude as to whose 'watch' certain actions occured under.

Unless you are advocating the military overthrow of NK - something which would undoubtedly have much larger consequences - then it was only a matter of time until this happened.

Israel's strike against Iraq's nuclear facilities was successful, wouldn't you agree?
So you are saying we no have to worry about Iraq building nukes? It seems the Iraqi bombing was about as successful as Clinton's deal with North Korea.

No, I'm not saying that. Are you saying Iraq has developed nuclear weapons since Israel struck?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Blaming either Bush or Clinton is futile, as there isn't anything short of armed invasion that would have stopped it.

Cycloptichorn

Let me clarify my position re pointing blame on this issue. While I am critical of Clinton for not having tried a military strike back in 1993, I fully understand that is with the benefit of hindsight. I do not blame him (or Carter) for attempting a diplomatic solution. I submit we must learn from our mistake. I agree with you that it is rather silly to blame either one. My response here, though, is in reply to posts blaming Bush.
Your statement was..
Quote:
Clinton was more responsible for North Korea developing nuclear weapons, and only a dumbass would argue otherwise.
Rather silly of you there Tico, wouldn't you agree? Not only did you claim one was more responsible you called anyone that didn't agree with that position a "dumbass". Are you a dumbass now? Or were you one when you made the statement earlier?

One IS more responsible ... Clinton is MORE responsible ... and only a dumbass would argue otherwise. Are you arguing otherwise?

Your inability to comprehend what I wrote to Cyclops is staggering.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 10:20 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I agree with you that it is rather silly to blame either one.

So you don't agree then?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 10:24 pm
parados wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

So you don't agree then?

Try to follow along: It is silly for one to engage in the process of blaming anyone other than North Korea for NK obtaining nukes. But if one is engaged in that activity, it is clear that Clinton bears a greater share of responsibility than Bush.

Let me know if you are still confused.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 10:44 pm
tico wrote (both):

Who's confused? CLUE: It isn't parados.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 10:58 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
tico wrote (both):

Who's confused? CLUE: It isn't parados.

Apparently it's you.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 09:37 am
Ticomaya wrote:
parados wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

So you don't agree then?

Try to follow along: It is silly for one to engage in the process of blaming anyone other than North Korea for NK obtaining nukes. But if one is engaged in that activity, it is clear that Clinton bears a greater share of responsibility than Bush.

That might be what you meant, but that's not what you said. Thus, wouldn't you agree that if you said something that conveyed a completely different meaning than what you intended -- -- that was a stupid thing to say?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:55 am
parados wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
parados wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

So you don't agree then?

That might be what you meant, but that's not what you said. Thus, wouldn't you agree that if you said something that conveyed a completely different meaning than what you intended -- -- that was a stupid thing to say?

It is precisely what I said, and I said nothing that would convey a different meaning ... at least not with reasonable and intelligent people. Bear in mind that I can't help it if your narrow, linear thought process renders you incapable of following along with the logical flow of the discussion.

(BTW, I know that your continuing efforts to try and play "gotcha" with me are very important to you, but it's tedious and you suck at it.)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:38 am
That's pretty funny Tico.

Quote:
Bear in mind that I can't help it if your narrow, linear thought process renders you incapable of following along with the logical flow of the discussion.

I only used your thinking and words...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2431385#2431385
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:50 am
parados wrote:
That's pretty funny Tico.

Quote:
Bear in mind that I can't help it if your narrow, linear thought process renders you incapable of following along with the logical flow of the discussion.

I only used your thinking and words...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2431385#2431385

You used my words, but you have demonstrated time and again that you do not have the capacity to use my thinking.

I understood you were trying to play "gotcha," and I understood to what you were referring. It wasn't that subtle of an effort. And you failed miserably.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:52 am
All according to Ticomaya. What a laugh.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:55 am
Socratic argument is great for law school argument solely because it has not intention of discovering truth but is great for winning debates.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 12:02 pm
I believe Ticomaya lost on both scores.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:05 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
It is precisely what I said, and I said nothing that would convey a different meaning ... at least not with reasonable and intelligent people. Bear in mind that I can't help it if your narrow, linear thought process renders you incapable of following along with the logical flow of the discussion.
Your points were as clear as they are valid. The problem is Parados' preference for pedantic bickering, over substantial discussion. Factor in the mutual backslapping of argumentum ad populum and the futility of continuing becomes apparent. Seems like I've participated in this same conversation half a dozen times on NK, with the same result, which is why I've largely abandoned the discussion.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:41 pm
Thanks for the substantive contribution there OBill.

Laughing

I noticed you didn't answer any of my posts that dealt with the reality of NK.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:44 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

You used my words, but you have demonstrated time and again that you do not have the capacity to use my thinking.

Thank heaven for small favors.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 02:04 pm
parados wrote:
Thanks for the substantive contribution there OBill.

Laughing

I noticed you didn't answer any of my posts that dealt with the reality of NK.
On this NK thread, like many before it, the opposing sides have provided the same links for the same reasons to no consequence or consensus. Repeating the effort is as tedious as sifting through your petty penchant for the pedantic is boring. Feel free to search my previous answers on this and other NK threads to locate additional hairs to split.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 02:39 pm
That's right. I was "splitting hairs" when I asked you to provide supporting evidence when you made this statement.
Quote:
Here we see the result of failing to read the thread, or history. Clinton accepted the interference of a civilian with zero authority... resulting in millions of dead Koreans and eventually plutonium based nuclear weaponry.

Somehow I don't think it is "splitting hairs" when someone makes an outlandish statement and the other side asks they provide some supporting evidence. (Which you still have failed to provide anything about how millions died as a result of Clinton.) It seems it is only "splitting hairs" when you get caught making statements that you can't support and don't dare retract because it would cause your entire argument to fall apart.
0 Replies