plzzzzzzz hurry help me out is due tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:05 pm
Hi, I have to write and assignment about my bedroom!

Here is what I have to do and don'r have a clue and don't know how to began writing it! so plz help me ut!

In the story Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck uses setting to convey both character personalities and mood. Using a setting from your life, I want you to do the same thing.
Discribe how your bedroom represents your personality. Use specific details about your room to convey this: the specific types of music you listen o, the books/ magazines you read, the colors of the room, the way you organize or disorganize things. Write this in second person point of veiw (Y0u) I can get what it said but very very, confused so plz help me out! thank u and appreciated it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 414 • Replies: 4
No top replies

George

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:20 pm
Second person point of view is not easy.

You walk into to my bedroom and the first thing you say to yourself is "I
see the trash bin, where's the bedroom?" You can tell immediately that
this is not the room of an organized person. A laundry hamper is filled
partly with clothes and partly with paperback books. You wonder what
the connection is - and wonder whether you really want to know.

Anyway, see where I'm going with this? Hope it helps.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:20 pm
Re: plzzzzzzz hurry help me out is due tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sexyladya wrote:
Hi, I have to write and assignment about my bedroom!

Here is what I have to do and don'r have a clue and don't know how to began writing it! so plz help me ut!

In the story Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck uses setting to convey both character personalities and mood. Using a setting from your life, I want you to do the same thing.
Discribe how your bedroom represents your personality. Use specific details about your room to convey this: the specific types of music you listen o, the books/ magazines you read, the colors of the room, the way you organize or disorganize things. Write this in second person point of veiw (Y0u) I can get what it said but very very, confused so plz help me out! thank u and appreciated it!

Have you read the book so you are familiar with the style of writing?

First thing is to decide what your personality is, then find things in your room that are symbols of those traits.

For example, if you have a vibrant, outgoing and humorous personality, you might talk about your room's yellow paint representing the sunshine in your personality. If you mostly listen to and read upbeat music and magazines, relate that to your positive outlook on life. Are the books on your shelves are arranged alphabetically by title or author or book size? There is lots of symbolism there to relate to personality.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:22 pm
So, what color are the walls painted in your room?

Was the color your choice, or someone else's?

What kinds of things are in your room?

Is your room generally neat, or a mess?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:31 pm
Also, if this is for a creative writing class, you don't have to write specifically about your room and your personality.

Create a room and personality and then stretch your writing muscle to describe them.
0 Replies