Flatulence/Our Country's Secret Weapon

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:37 am
Quote:
An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/06/D8LRB5701.html

I have always considered myself the US's secret weapon. Dump the middle east oil, and I could probably supply enough gas to power an entire small city.

So here is this poor woman, instead of being proud of the potential that she has for saving the United States, attempts to surpress her natural gifts. And what is her reward? Her plane is grounded and searched, and all the other passengers hate her for delaying their flight.

Is that the way to treat people who could change the face of the entire country, and remove us from the conflicts over oil?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 653 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:00 am
I have a friend who has always had this gift.

In our late teens, four or five of us would squeeze into a Peugeot 504 car, and go out and about on a Sunday afternoon, thinking that we were really cool.

His Mum was a great cook, and he always had a massive Sunday roast dinner at 1pm, complete with a ton of sprouts and various other vegetables that cause major flatulence.

One day, we were cruising along, approaching a spot where girls would usually gather, when he decided to share with us, a SBD (silent but deadly).
Ten seconds later, the driver had managed to fully retract the glass sunroof, and we all stood up and had to stick our heads out of the top, gagging and gasping for breath.

The girls were there, but I don't think for one minute that we came across as "cool".

A year or two later, and three of us, including the phantom farter, went for a lads holiday in Benidorm (Spain).
Our hotel was quite cheap, as it was remote, to say the least. One evening, after a reasonable dinking session in town, we took a taxi back to the hotel. I sat in front, my two mates in back.
Halfway to the hotel, on a pitch black dark and dusty road in the middle of nowhere, the taxi driver startled me when he suddenly jammed on his brakes, leant across me, opened my door and pushed me, shouting "OUT OUT OUT!"

I was still scratching my head as we stood there and watched the taxi roar off, when I noticed my two mates were having a fit of the giggles.
Yep.....'twas another SBD. It obviously hit the driver before me, causing the same panic we experienced during the sunroof incident.
0 Replies