I'm always looking for ways to improve my life

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 09:14 pm
Ok. I gotta stand up for the smokers here..

Frankly, the damage from smoking has more then likely been done by now, and not reversable.

In the 'twilight years' ... tis' to be expected.

Cutting BACK on the amount will bring about as much health benefits as quitting.

Ok, ...........................stone me now.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 09:48 pm
A real man knows his own mind.

Butt out wimmens! (you too edgar)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 09:53 pm
Dysy my dear you have always been my inspiration
Please
Be good to you
Dys my love
Don't forget you
Dysy my dear.

(I really cannot explain why that song popped into my mind when I read your post. (You're name really isn't Martha, is it?) Anyway, it did so I posted it.)

You and Diane could way totally improve your lives with a vacation in beautiful Porland, Oregon! It really isn't that far. A lovely drive.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:00 pm
Other people's smoking is not my business. I remark on it to them at most once a year. I'm done now for this year, probably over my limit. (Oh, but January's coming..)

I remember enjoying and needing smoking.

No stones.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:02 pm
I agree they need to see my old north north area and Oregon...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:11 pm
That goes for you too, dadpad.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:11 pm
boomerang wrote:
Dysy my dear you have always been my inspiration
Please
Be good to you
Dys my love
Don't forget you
Dysy my dear.

(I really cannot explain why that song popped into my mind when I read your post. (You're name really isn't Martha, is it?) Anyway, it did so I posted it.)

You and Diane could way totally improve your lives with a vacation in beautiful Porland, Oregon! It really isn't that far. A lovely drive.
Yes yes, my brother now lives in portland and I haven't seen him him in several years, I suppose a few days in our rv would get us there but really, boomer I've never really liked you.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:17 pm
Well then.

You, sir, shall no longer by my inspiration.

Or at least I won't say it out loud anymore.

From this moment forward Leon Redbone will be my inspiration.

So there.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:22 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Ok. I gotta stand up for the smokers here..

Frankly, the damage from smoking has more then likely been done by now, and not reversable.

In the 'twilight years' ... tis' to be expected.

Cutting BACK on the amount will bring about as much health benefits as quitting.

Ok, ...........................stone me now.

Well, I won't stone you, but I will point out the errors.

Yes, a lot of damage has been done, but quitting really does help a great deal, in quality of life as well as actually down at the level of how happy our organs are.

I honestly do not know if cutting back helps......I don't think there is a safe dosage for tobacco, though I did see on House the other night he recommended two cigarettes a day for irritable bowel, or some such unhappy bowel problem.

It's not like any of us can get Dys to quit, but I think he needs accurate information.

Hell, I am happy to kidnap him and perform daily spankings if it makes a difference.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:24 pm
boomerang wrote:
Well then.

You, sir, shall no longer by my inspiration.

Or at least I won't say it out loud anymore.

From this moment forward Leon Redbone will be my inspiration.

So there.

Oh goddess, now you've hurt Boomerang.

You KNOW that's like killing a mockingbird, don't you?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 12:41 am
Hah, don't let him fool you. He has already been planning a trip to Oregon. Either late Spring or early Fall. Boomer, he will always have a special soft spot for you; it's just that he is a terminal smart ass.

And Bunny, if you keep making those offers, he might have to fly to Oz and kidnap you, or bunnynap or whatever.

I remember reading that quitting smoking is the only way to go and that after a few years, the lungs can return to normal. It is also one of the toughest bad habits to break.

The old cowboy needs a break somewhere along the path.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 06:56 am
Set's about 9 months into not smoking - chewing whacks of nicotine gum.

45 years of any habit's hard to break.

On the upside, he's stopped coughing, his skin colour is much better, and he can keep up with as much walking as the dogs would like to offer him - which is a lot.

He's also started to notice how downright stinky stale smoke really is - and how some foods really taste, which has impacted the amount of salt he uses on them.

All to the good for someone who likes to be near him.

On the downside, he's lost so much weight that he's gonna need all new levis - or suspenders.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:03 am
Good for set. He's also one of our most valuable assets.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 08:27 am
Ok, ok

Sorry dys,

I tried..
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:29 pm
Shewolf, we love you for trying, but quitting is really the only way to go.

Congrats to Set--I hadn't noticed any change in his demeanor which is amazing. Cool and detached as always. {{{{{Bethie and Set}}}}}.
0 Replies