Who Said It?

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:08 pm
Who Said It?
Here's a fun little quiz. We'll give you a series of quotes, and you see if you can figure out who said each. This time it's not a trick question; the answer in each case is one of the people listed.

1. "Governments are there to serve their own people. No people wants to side with or support any oppressors. But regrettably, the U.S. administration disregards even its own public opinion and remains in the forefront of supporting the trampling of the rights of the Palestinian people."

a. Jimmy Carter
b. Pat Buchanan
c. John Mearsheimer
d. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

2. "Since the commencement of the U.S. military presence in Iraq, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have been killed, maimed or displaced. Terrorism in Iraq has grown exponentially. . . . The U.S. Government used the pretext of the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but later it became clear that that was just a lie and a deception. Although Saddam was overthrown and people are happy about his departure, the pain and suffering of the Iraqi people has persisted and has even been aggravated."

a. Howard Dean
b. Markos "Kos" Moulitsas
c. Howard Zinn
d. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

3. "You have certainly heard the sad stories of the Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib prisons. The U.S. administration attempts to justify them through its proclaimed 'war on terror.' But everyone knows that such behavior, in fact, offends global public opinion, exacerbates resentment and thereby spreads terrorism, and tarnishes the U.S. image and its credibility among nations."

a. Dick Durbin
b. Andrew Sullivan
c. Erwin Chemerinsky
d. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

4. "The legitimacy, power and influence of a government do not emanate from its arsenals of tanks, fighter aircrafts, missiles or nuclear weapons. . . . The global position of the United States is in all probability weakened because the administration has continued to resort to force, to conceal the truth, and to mislead the American people about its policies and practices."

a. John Kerry
b. Glenn Greenwald
c. Michael Moore
d. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

5. "Undoubtedly, the American people are not satisfied with this behavior and they showed their discontent in the recent elections. I hope that in the wake of the midterm elections, the administration of President Bush will have heard and will heed the message of the American people."

a. Harry Pelosi
b. Nancy Reid
c. Josh Marshall
d. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

6. "Now that Iraq has a Constitution and an independent Assembly and Government, would it not be more beneficial to bring the U.S. officers and soldiers home, and to spend the astronomical U.S. military expenditures in Iraq for the welfare and prosperity of the American people? As you know very well, many victims of Katrina continue to suffer, and countless Americans continue to live in poverty and homelessness."

a. John Murtha
b. Ned Lamont
c. George McGovern
d. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Please post your answers in your reply, no looking for answers. Please keep your eyes on your own papers please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 997 • Replies: 26
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:09 pm
Ronald Reagan=all of the above
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:13 pm
Ahmadinejad is the only one appearing in all the answers.
I say they are all from him.

Just a blind guess though.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:01 pm
"A" for all questions.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:10 pm
No, this is McG's little game of aligning what appear to be leftist statements with predominantly leftist individuals with Ahmadinejad to give the perception that the left is "mad" like he is.

Am I right McG?
Where'd ya go?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:12 pm
I don't think McGentrix made the quotes up, so don't blame him. Blame the nuts, like Jimmy Carter, etc.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:16 pm
He obviously knows the answers, and he went on to post it.
I am merely hypothesizing his intent.
If my responses are correct, so is my hypothesis.

Wouldn't be any fun for him to post it if there was no partisan punchline at the end.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:27 pm
I'm sure his intent is to demonstrate a point, and that is that the talking points of prominent Democrats sound much like what the guy in Iran says. They sound like they belong to the same political party.

By the way, am I reading it correctly in answers for No. 5, a couple of the options are Harry Pelosi and Nancy Reid? Perhaps intentional I don't know but their names work pretty good that way. They both repeat the same talking points so why not make their names interchangeable.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:45 pm
Ahmadinejad may be playing a game here and he may have some legitimate points worthy of discussion.
It's not like the little war dodging tough guy from Texas is likely to even remotely consider the latter.

There are contingents of the American right content with making whipping boys out of the middle eastern countries because they seem unwilling to talk with the west and unwilling to negotiate a roadmap to peace in their region, but when someone steps forward all they want to focus on is his perceived madness and repeat the tired old mantra "we don't negotiate with terrorists".
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 01:47 pm
I was hoping that the correct responses would be posted by the originator of this thread.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 01:52 pm
It's only been a day, and only a few have answered.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 01:56 pm
Just anxious to see the results, that's all.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:14 pm
bm
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 06:39 pm
2 days, 90 views, 12 responses.

I guess I spoiled the punchline huh?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 08:21 pm
How many Republicans have said incredibly stupid or hypocritical things? The mind boggles!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:13 pm
McGentrix, you should have concluded by now that libs have no interest in the demonstration of obvious fact that libs make stupid statements akin to what the guy in Iran says. But I want to know, was my answer correct? Do I win a prize or anything?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:22 pm
I have a question for you, Okie (and McG if you like):

Which of those statements were factually incorrect?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:26 pm
Candidone is correct. Ahmadinjad made all these quotes in his recent 5-page letter to the citizens of the US.

It's interesting to see where his political views align with American politicians.

His hypocricy amazes me.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:28 pm
I'll ask again: which of those statements is factually incorrect?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:30 pm
I'm very dismayed to see that McG's bait thread did not get the rise out of "libs" that he hoped for.

Come on, guys and gals, give the guy a break. He needs a ray of sunshine now and again, too.
0 Replies