Urgent!! How to reply it?

rogergx

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:24 am
Sad the situation is:
You (bought a big basket of fruits and two bottles of wine to visit your teacher taught you at high school) knock at her door. (you haven't seen each other for a couple of years)

She said: Hello, **(your name). Come in, pls. Look at yourself, why did you buy so many things.

you: ....

Could you pls tell me what will reply in this case?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 480 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:03 pm
Your question is English, not etiquette, but your gifts of a basket of fruit and two bottles of line would be excessive in Western culture.
0 Replies

oopsididitagain

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:03 pm
My opinion, being that I am a female, a bouquet of flowers are always nice and as far as your response: say the truth. If your intentions are good then just tell her the truth. Us females like romance, but not dishonesty. Good luck with what you decide.
0 Replies

rogergx

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:40 pm
to Noddy24
Well, it is about English but also has much bearing with etiquette.

you know while saying that she smiled a little and frowned a bit and sounded like scolding me. but from her tone i could sense she was not questioning me about the reason i brought her the gift, but sounded like saying thanks. have you had similar experience?

would your or your friends' teacher say so while sounding like a scolding? Rolling Eyes Confused
0 Replies

rogergx

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:46 pm
to oopsididitagain
thank you for your kindness and suggestion.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:55 pm
Just say "because I think you're hot and I want to have sex with you". It works for me!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 07:02 am
NickFun wrote:
Just say "because I think you're hot and I want to have sex with you". It works for me!

That wouldn't work on me Very Happy
0 Replies